Sandbox but with contracts?

lordmuffin

Career mode. Use the money cheat to give yourself an unreasonable amount of money and convert income to science with strategies (I forgot which one). It'll take you one day to unlock everything and then you're exactly where you want to be.

Career mode. Use the money cheat to give yourself an unreasonable amount of money and convert income to science with strategies (I forgot which one). It'll take you one day to unlock everything and then you're exactly where you want to be.

I don't recall a money cheat...

I don't recall a money cheat...

According to reddit...

"...open up the debug menu with Alt-F12, find the page with the various cheats (like part clipping, I think the tab is called Gameplay Tweaks) then hold Alt for a couple seconds. Some buttons should appear to let you raise/lower funds, science, and reputation."

EDIT: Ninja'd.

Call up the debug window (Alt F12) and then hold down the left ALT key for something like 5-10s. You can then, ehm, "adjust" all your resources.
According to reddit...

"...open up the debug menu with Alt-F12, find the page with the various cheats (like part clipping, I think the tab is called Gameplay Tweaks) then hold Alt for a couple seconds. Some buttons should appear to let you raise/lower funds, science, and reputation."

EDIT: Ninja'd.

Thanks guys!

Here's how to edit the persistent.sfs in a text editor: search for the text "name = ResearchAndDevelopment" and then look a couple of lines down to the "sci =" line and change that to "sci = 12000" and buy all the nodes as they become available.

(it's the first "sci =" line in the file. The other sci lines refer to results from experiments)

This would be 'career without science' however. If you want actual SANDBOX without contracts, you'll have to find the scenario stanza "name = Funding" and change the "funds =" line too.

Call up the debug window (Alt F12) and then hold down the left ALT key for something like 5-10s. You can then, ehm, "adjust" all your resources.

Aaah, i usually edit the save game and toggle through all the funds & sci untill i find the right one and add some zeroes.

Not quite exactly what you want, but setting starting everything to max and rewards to max, and penalties to minimum, you can blow through most of the tech tree right away and the rest after just a few missions.

Also, I did not know about holding down alt in debug menu, so thanks guys for that!

It would be nice if squad just added some options to chose what features you want when making a sandbox save. I think the whole "science mode" thing is a bad/lazy workaround.

Since the very first Science update, I've always ran a second science or career game along side of my main science/career game. I simply config edit the persistence file to give myself ample funds and/or science for what I feel like I'm doing. It is the only way to do science in a "Sandbox" format game. Ridiculous if you ask me. Sometimes when I'm just puttzing around with the game I want to do for instance, a science mission to Duna! But that isn't possible in a standard Sandbox. Performing the experiments just tells you that you don't need to do this... You can't access your science log history, etc.

I really wish they would add these options to the normal Sandbox. Hell, just keep expanding the custom game settings they have implemented for Careers now. That way you can land anywhere in-between Career, Science, or Sandbox that you'd like.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.