Void Bukerneering - Starfighter is back!

Yorik

Z7UcC.png

The Starfighter

Ever since the RCS came out some versions ago i have been planning to make this mod. It\'s heavily inspired by the sci-fi series Kerbylon 5. Right now it can be flown in athmosphere, something i want to change in the near future. As it\'s not an athmospheric craft it does not come with a parachute, but with a little skill you can land it fairly easily. It\'s a bit unbalanced against the vanilla parts, but I thought it\'s more fun this way.

TAaXh.png

Update: I\'ve finally figured out what made the Starfighter behave so weird, it\'s fixed now.

Enjoy!

(Since the mod requires no plugins i seperated my threads, I hope that\'s okay)

More pictures:

exY0c.png

Easy to assemble, comes with .craft file.

mQb4P.png

Comes with it\'s own decoupler.

acHKk.png

Highly manouverable, fun to fly.

Set contains:

- Cockpit

- ASAS

- RCS tank

- RCS thrusters

- Fuel tank

- Liquid engine

- Decoupler

All parts are custom made and don\'t go well with other mods. Flight kinks are taken care of, the starfighter should handle way better now!

Upcoming features:

- Expandable wings for athmospheric flight

- Weapons - prototype done, needs custom model

- At least one different cockpit - model done, needs texturing and code

[glow=green,4,500]Download Link:[/glow]

You can get all parts at: (5 MB)

Shouldn\'t happen when you use parts symmetry. Place the cockpit, attach the body(ASAS) and after that activate part symmetry for the other parts. If you still have trouble, tell me and I\'m going to upload a craft file, i thought it became unnecessary with the new symmetry fix, but i can rectify that.

• 2 months later...

Looks great! Unfortunately I\'m having the same problem with the other guys. I\'ve tried using WASD to move it round but still can\'t get it to fit.

I\'m sure it\'s just me being an idiot and it fits fine, but if you could upload the .craft or provide a video detailing construction we\'d be very appreciative! ;)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.