[1.8.x+] Waypoint Manager [v2.8.1] [2019-10-22]

nightingale

[quote name='Belthize']Interesting, I was about to post asking where I could snag 2.4.2 (link I found for it returns 404). I need to stay at 1.0.4 base so does this mean that 2.4.3 will work if I just install it.

If it won't is there somewhere I can snag 2.4.2.[/QUOTE]

All the versions ever released are on the [URL="https://github.com/jrossignol/WaypointManager/releases"]GitHub release page[/URL]. Kerbalstuff is maintained as a mirror, because that seemed to be [I]really, really[/I] [I]important[/I] to a lot of vocal users. :)

[QUOTE]Thanks for making the mod, I suspect it will be pretty handy with BTSM.[/QUOTE]

Indeed, if I remember correctly Waypoint Manager is a recommended mod for BTSM.

[quote name='nightingale']That is extremely strange, but I thought I saw a bug report for stock 1.0.5 about something similar?[/QUOTE]

[URL="http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/138802-Kerbal-Space-Program-1-0-5-New-Issues-Repository#map_offset"]Yes, it happens when KSP has an aspect ratio different to your monitor.[/URL]

It's a new issue for stock 1.0.5 which explains why the WM version for 1.0.4 works correctly - because stock 1.0.4 works correctly.

[quote name='ObsessedWithKSP'][URL="http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/138802-Kerbal-Space-Program-1-0-5-New-Issues-Repository#map_offset"]Yes, it happens when KSP has an aspect ratio different to your monitor.[/URL]

It's a new issue for stock 1.0.5 which explains why the WM version for 1.0.4 works correctly - because stock 1.0.4 works correctly.[/QUOTE]

See, I knew if I just vaguely referenced the issue someone smart would come along and give a link. :)

[quote name='ObsessedWithKSP'][URL="http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/138802-Kerbal-Space-Program-1-0-5-New-Issues-Repository#map_offset"]Yes, it happens when KSP has an aspect ratio different to your monitor.[/URL]

It's a new issue for stock 1.0.5 which explains why the WM version for 1.0.4 works correctly - because stock 1.0.4 works correctly.[/QUOTE]

Actually, playing in Full Screen, I have set the exactly aspect ratio of my monitor (a poor laptop at 1366 x 768), and I have no issues without Waypoint Manager...

... aside that: reverting to 2.4.2 fixed it just at the first load. As soon a new waypoint is set (by a contract or manually) the issue appears again. For the moment, I should (sadly) remove it...

[quote name='Araym']Actually, playing in Full Screen, I have set the exactly aspect ratio of my monitor (a poor laptop at 1366 x 768), and I have no issues without Waypoint Manager...

... aside that: reverting to 2.4.2 fixed it just at the first load. As soon a new waypoint is set (by a contract or manually) the issue appears again. For the moment, I should (sadly) remove it...[/QUOTE]

From the link OWK posted, I suspect you'll have the issue whether Waypoint Manager is installed or not.

• 3 weeks later...

Nightingale,

I've been using this mod for some time, love it for custom waypoints!

I see that the issue of coordinate conversions and integration to MechJeb has been mentioned already...

Perhaps an easier solution to the problem might be a drop-down format list where the user can choose which format to view the coordinates in. Have waypoint coordinates show up in both the main GUI and in the editing windows. 

I like to use WM to set up landing grids for off-planet bases, and I use MechJeb because I'm a lousy pilot... :P   It is very frustrating to have to do manual conversions from the decimal format used by WM to the DegMinSec format used in MJ. Even with a spreadsheet running a conversion program, it doesn't always come out correctly.

Would it be possible to incorporate such a built-in converter routine into WM?

3 hours ago, BARCLONE said:

Nightingale,

I've been using this mod for some time, love it for custom waypoints!

I see that the issue of coordinate conversions and integration to MechJeb has been mentioned already...

Perhaps an easier solution to the problem might be a drop-down format list where the user can choose which format to view the coordinates in. Have waypoint coordinates show up in both the main GUI and in the editing windows. 

I like to use WM to set up landing grids for off-planet bases, and I use MechJeb because I'm a lousy pilot... :P   It is very frustrating to have to do manual conversions from the decimal format used by WM to the DegMinSec format used in MJ. Even with a spreadsheet running a conversion program, it doesn't always come out correctly.

Would it be possible to incorporate such a built-in converter routine into WM?

Seeing as it's looks like it'll still be a while before I look at Waypoint Manager in detail given 1.1 coming up, I figured I'd do a quikc update.  It's display only, so you can't copy+paste, but at least it's all in KSP, right?

New release is here!

Waypoint Manager 2.4.4

• Show waypoint location in degrees/minutes/seconds in main window.
  • Add vessel marker to forbidden icons.
Edited by nightingale

Nightingale,

That was beautiful!

I just tried it out with a triple-lander contract and they all touched down within a few meters of their waypoints, even without RCS! I've been needing this conversion for a long time!

Thanks so very much!

• 1 month later...

Is anybody getting situations where the waypoint gets completed in the contract but doesn't get removed from the map and waypoint manager? I've apparently been getting that a whole bunch this morning. They're with the stock survey contracts and I suspect that it may have something to do with me barely being in range of the spot, so, it gets checked off in the contract, but waypoint manager doesn't realize that I've completed it.

For the general situation, I'm doing it from Kerbin orbit as low as I can get without going into atmosphere. I do have it on compromise for distance calculation though, so, maybe I'll try it on straight line and see if that completes them better.

1 minute ago, smjjames said:

Is anybody getting situations where the waypoint gets completed in the contract but doesn't get removed from the map and waypoint manager? I've apparently been getting that a whole bunch this morning. They're with the stock survey contracts and I suspect that it may have something to do with me barely being in range of the spot, so, it gets checked off in the contract, but waypoint manager doesn't realize that I've completed it.

For the general situation, I'm doing it from Kerbin orbit as low as I can get without going into atmosphere. I do have it on compromise for distance calculation though, so, maybe I'll try it on straight line and see if that completes them better.

I can't remember for sure, but that might just be how the stock contracts work.  Do the waypoints go away when the contract completes?

1 hour ago, nightingale said:

I can't remember for sure, but that might just be how the stock contracts work.  Do the waypoints go away when the contract completes?

The waypoints usually go away when I complete the waypoint though, that's what I'm saying. Also, it's just one of the contracts that I currently have that  Editwhiletyping: Actually, I looked at the waypoints sorted by contract and it turns out that the one which isn't having the waypoints go away is a duplicate of one of the contracts.

I haven't completed the contract that the waypoints are for yet, but will let you know.

Edit: Just completed the contract and while the real one did disappear, the ghost duplicate ones are still there.

edit2: I tried a bunch of things and those didn't work and then I restarted KSP which cleared out those duplicate waypoints. I did save the output log if you want that.

Edited by smjjames

1 hour ago, smjjames said:

The waypoints usually go away when I complete the waypoint though, that's what I'm saying. Also, it's just one of the contracts that I currently have that  Editwhiletyping: Actually, I looked at the waypoints sorted by contract and it turns out that the one which isn't having the waypoints go away is a duplicate of one of the contracts.

I haven't completed the contract that the waypoints are for yet, but will let you know.

Edit: Just completed the contract and while the real one did disappear, the ghost duplicate ones are still there.

edit2: I tried a bunch of things and those didn't work and then I restarted KSP which cleared out those duplicate waypoints. I did save the output log if you want that.

Send the log and I'll take a look. 

It's happened again. I found that a waypoint wasn't triggering as checked off in the contract, tried taking off slightly a few times, then went to KSC an back. While the waypoint did complete, the waypoint itself stayed and I found that three contract waypoints got duplicated. They weren't duplicated before. Theres also lots of exceptions involving waypoint manager and the icons for the DMagic instruments.

Strategia2%20career_screenshot_2016-02-0

output log

Edited by smjjames

3 hours ago, smjjames said:

It's happened again. I found that a waypoint wasn't triggering as checked off in the contract, tried taking off slightly a few times, then went to KSC an back. While the waypoint did complete, the waypoint itself stayed and I found that three contract waypoints got duplicated. They weren't duplicated before. Theres also lots of exceptions involving waypoint manager and the icons for the DMagic instruments.

Strategia2%20career_screenshot_2016-02-0

output log

Nothing of interest in the logs, and I just tried one out and it worked as normal.  Can you send me your save file so I can peruse it?

Also, does saving/loading change anything?

12 minutes ago, nightingale said:

Nothing of interest in the logs, and I just tried one out and it worked as normal.  Can you send me your save file so I can peruse it?

Also, does saving/loading change anything?

saving/loading as in making a quicksave (or doing alt+F9) and then loading that? I'll try that the next time I run into it.

Meanwhile, here's my current persistent savefile before I boot KSP up again: persistent savefile

Edit: Could the use of the CapCom mod have anything to do with it?

Edited by smjjames

I tried the save and reload and all that did was make two of them duplicate. Quicksaving and reloading after they duplicate doesn't help either.

Heres the persistent files, the memleakcheckstart thing is while in orbit before I landed, quicksave 2 is after I landed and found the contract wasn't triggering for the waypoint, post-quicksave2 is after the attempt to save and reload via quicksave 2. Output log is in there as well. http://sta.sh/0jh2l5cm2dm

Also, the ones that duplicated are 'conduct seismic surveys of Minmus near area J-6K' and 'conduct biological activity surveys on Minmus near zone 8T-L'

Edited by smjjames

9 hours ago, smjjames said:

I tried the save and reload and all that did was make two of them duplicate. Quicksaving and reloading after they duplicate doesn't help either.

Heres the persistent files, the memleakcheckstart thing is while in orbit before I landed, quicksave 2 is after I landed and found the contract wasn't triggering for the waypoint, post-quicksave2 is after the attempt to save and reload via quicksave 2. Output log is in there as well. http://sta.sh/0jh2l5cm2dm

Also, the ones that duplicated are 'conduct seismic surveys of Minmus near area J-6K' and 'conduct biological activity surveys on Minmus near zone 8T-L'

I maybe fixed it?  Try the dev dll for me, I'm not too confident that this fix worked...

I'll check it out, though it'll be a while before I'm sure that it's fixed.

Edit: It appears to be fixed from what I can tell. There is a slightly annoying though harmless new thing where if you have them sorted by contract and have some of them minimized, when you complete a waypoint, it causes all of them to open.

Edited by smjjames

• 2 weeks later...

@nightingale That waypoint duplication thing is back. This time, the waypoints themselves duplicated rather than the contracts, and all of the icons turned magenta in flight and map for some reason.

Output log and save file

Strategia2%20career_screenshot_2016-02-2

I grabbed some more of those survey contracts later and the waypoints are still magenta.

edit: great, they broke again, I'm not getting any notifications that I'm entering a waypoint.... I should see if it's the fact that I'm using CAPCOM to get the missions...

Edited by smjjames