[1.8.x+] Waypoint Manager [v2.8.1] [2019-10-22]

nightingale

What's with the SS?

Ah, my mistake, correct is: InFlightWaypoints_1.2.5.

I was reporting a bug here: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/104758-0-90-In-Flight-Waypoints-v1-2-5-2014-12-31?p=1642629&viewfull=1#post1642629

nothing was changed, screen resolution: 1280x1024, and full screen.

It was working for one day, and today any waypoint I choose shows text like on picture.

I don't change anything, and every time when, I run game, and load my save, text is in wrong position.

Sorry for my English.

Ah, my mistake, correct is: InFlightWaypoints_1.2.5.

I was reporting a bug here: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/104758-0-90-In-Flight-Waypoints-v1-2-5-2014-12-31?p=1642629&viewfull=1#post1642629

nothing was changed, screen resolution: 1280x1024, and full screen.

It was working for one day, and today any waypoint I choose shows text like on picture.

I don't change anything, and every time when, I run game, and load my save, text is in wrong position.

Sorry for my English.

Ah, no problem, I missed that you were the same poster from yesterday. :)

Okay, that helps, I suspect it's not related to resolution/UI size... I'm going to run some more tests to see if I can reproduce it.

EDIT: Well, loaded up your save and I have the same issue. Completely confusing, but gives me something to work with.

EDIT2: Got it, it's so obvious I'm surprised I didn't run into it myself. If the *first* waypoint you activate for navigation is in the map view, you'll get an extra offset of ~100px. Fix should be quick.

- - - Updated - - -

That last post tasted horrible...

In-Flight Waypoints 1.2.6 is out! Download it now!

Changes:

- Additional fix to text positioning issue. HUGE thanks to robson1000.

Edited by nightingale

So you know how waypoints are shown depending on speed and distance and stuff? Like, the faster you go, the further away they're shown? Well, could there be some kind of sanity check for that? I've just left Minmus here and the waypoints are shown for a Kerbin survey:

hQgPekU.jpg

I set the navball to surface mode because I was curious as to why they're shown and yeah, at 12730m/s, they're shown pretty far away :P

The sanity check I mentioned.. I dunno - as some of the waypoints can be done from orbit (in flight over X metres), it seems restrictive to limit visibility to a distance or sync it with surface/orbit mode.. That said, once you get out beyond, say.. the Muns height, you're passing over the area in question so quickly and unless you have some way of displaying your ground track, it's hard to pass over that point anyway.. Maybe only show the way points if you're less that 2x planet radius or something? They can still be done from any low orbit.. and if you're aiming to hit a particular waypoint, it'll be targeted anyway so if I'm just orbiting beyond low orbit, I don't really need to see them at all.. That's an idea - maybe the distance limit could be the border between high/low orbit?

This is just a thought, maybe at least some kind of sanity check would be nice :)

So you know how waypoints are shown depending on speed and distance and stuff? Like, the faster you go, the further away they're shown? Well, could there be some kind of sanity check for that? I've just left Minmus here and the waypoints are shown for a Kerbin survey:

http://i.imgur.com/hQgPekU.jpg

I set the navball to surface mode because I was curious as to why they're shown and yeah, at 12730m/s, they're shown pretty far away :P

The sanity check I mentioned.. I dunno - as some of the waypoints can be done from orbit (in flight over X metres), it seems restrictive to limit visibility to a distance or sync it with surface/orbit mode.. That said, once you get out beyond, say.. the Muns height, you're passing over the area in question so quickly and unless you have some way of displaying your ground track, it's hard to pass over that point anyway.. Maybe only show the way points if you're less that 2x planet radius or something? They can still be done from any low orbit.. and if you're aiming to hit a particular waypoint, it'll be targeted anyway so if I'm just orbiting beyond low orbit, I don't really need to see them at all.. That's an idea - maybe the distance limit could be the border between high/low orbit?

This is just a thought, maybe at least some kind of sanity check would be nice :)

That... that surface velocity makes no sense. There is no way a ~200m/s orbit out at Minmus translates to a 12 km/s surface velocity, I don't care HOW you point the vectors.

Anyway, the problem is that I'm using the horizontal distance as of a couple releases ago. So even though you're way up at Minmus 47,000 km away, you could be only a couple hundred km laterally, which makes it "seem" close.

Anyway, I think the fix here is to use actual distance rather than lateral distance for sub-orbital and orbital - as that number makes more sense up there. I'll play around with it a bit.

It would be nice if it only displayed the target waypoint instead of all of them. It can get a little cluttered in orbit.

That'll be some sort of toggle option in 1.3.0 (haven't decided if it's via a gui or config file). You'll be able to have it show active, all or none.

- - - Updated - - -

In-Flight Waypoints 1.2.7 is out! Download it now!

Changes:

- Fixed ETA text to actually display, and position correctly with long durations.

- Prevent markers from showing up when at really high altitudes.

This is great, thanks Nightingale. Didn't even know you had this out there until I got tagged on my Let's Play as I wandered around in the dark on Minmus trying desperately in EVA to find the @#!@$@!%$!!!!! survey site.

Good stuff, nice to see there's people out there spreading the good word! :D

Has anyone else run into a situation, where this mod stops working? It's worked just fine for me for a few weeks, then all of a sudden, the in flight waypoints stopped showing up, I didn't install any new mods, or update any that I had. There were no game play, or settings changes. I just tried a reinstall, of this mod, about to see if that fixes it.

Has anyone else run into a situation, where this mod stops working? It's worked just fine for me for a few weeks, then all of a sudden, the in flight waypoints stopped showing up, I didn't install any new mods, or update any that I had. There were no game play, or settings changes. I just tried a reinstall, of this mod, about to see if that fixes it.

Nothing that I've heard about. Was it during play that it happened? Did restarting KSP fix it (or even just going to the space center scene and back)? If it happens again, please provide the output_log.txt and I'll take a look.

I had a completely unrelated save game loss. {A certain child and my game} so it's going to be a bit till I get back to where i'll be able to go out exploring for those waypoints. As far as how it happened, it seemed to happen between missions. I had 2 explore the places contracts, did one, and the waypoints were there, then returned to KSP, and refueled my plane, got a whole ground crew and refilling system set up, as I use KCT, and it takes time to rebuild those planes and rockets and such, so when possible I just refuel and refly. anyway, got back, refueled, headed out for the next contract, no waypoints. landed, restarted KSP, no waypoints. noticed I had an error in my debug from action groups extended, thought, well maybe? so exited and removed action groups extended, restarted no error, still no waypoints. stuck AGX back in, no error, no waypoints. clean reinstalled in flight waypoints, lost my save game before I could check it out.

I had a completely unrelated save game loss. {A certain child and my game} so it's going to be a bit till I get back to where i'll be able to go out exploring for those waypoints. As far as how it happened, it seemed to happen between missions. I had 2 explore the places contracts, did one, and the waypoints were there, then returned to KSP, and refueled my plane, got a whole ground crew and refilling system set up, as I use KCT, and it takes time to rebuild those planes and rockets and such, so when possible I just refuel and refly. anyway, got back, refueled, headed out for the next contract, no waypoints. landed, restarted KSP, no waypoints. noticed I had an error in my debug from action groups extended, thought, well maybe? so exited and removed action groups extended, restarted no error, still no waypoints. stuck AGX back in, no error, no waypoints. clean reinstalled in flight waypoints, lost my save game before I could check it out.

Sounds like there was something about some particular waypoint that was causing the plugin to throw an exception( and effectively unload/not work). Although if this was the case I think you would've seen that in the logs as well as the AGX error... but maybe you missed it? Hard to say much more without a save file to work from. Well, if you do end up reproducing, let me know, I couldn't see anything obvious that would cause this type of issue. :(

Sounds like there was something about some particular waypoint that was causing the plugin to throw an exception( and effectively unload/not work). Although if this was the case I think you would've seen that in the logs as well as the AGX error... but maybe you missed it? Hard to say much more without a save file to work from. Well, if you do end up reproducing, let me know, I couldn't see anything obvious that would cause this type of issue. :(

I scrolled the log when I saw the AGX error, it was the only error as far back as the log would scroll, so there was definitely no other errors back quite a ways, i'll let you know if I manage to repro this issue for sure.

---This bug report has been retracted----

My Anti-virus is an a$$. :mad:

Apparently its been deciding at random intervals that the inflight waypoints dll is a virus and removing it from my pc while I'm using it, hence the it will work sometimes, then spontaneously stop working. Sorry to bug you

Edited by vardicd

---This bug report has been retracted----

My Anti-virus is an a$$. :mad:

Apparently its been deciding at random intervals that the inflight waypoints dll is a virus and removing it from my pc while I'm using it, hence the it will work sometimes, then spontaneously stop working. Sorry to bug you

Wow... that would do it, yeah. :(

Wow... that would do it, yeah. :(

I had this problem once before with another mod's dll, I had to configure it to manually ignore the 'offending' dll. Sorry again for any time you wasted trying to figure this out.