[1.8.x+] Waypoint Manager [v2.8.1] [2019-10-22]

nightingale

Am using your latest 1.7.2 release and the distance is not reporting right. I've got a kerbal standing on top of a surface sample marker and it's reporting 1,644m away which is exactly the above sea level heigh of the terrain.

LWw71Ly.png

Am using your latest 1.7.2 release and the distance is not reporting right. I've got a kerbal standing on top of a surface sample marker and it's reporting 1,644m away which is exactly the above sea level heigh of the terrain.

http://i.imgur.com/LWw71Ly.png

Let me look into this tonight and see if I can reproduce.

In-Flight Waypoints 1.2.8 is out, download it now!

Changes:

• Fixed distance text to take waypoint height properly into account (thanks raath).

There's not much in this release, but after Contract Configurator 0.6.0 comes out I'll be switching gears back to In-Flight Waypoints, and it'll get a big​ update... more soon!

I'm getting a bit of déjà-vu here... does the current version use lateral distance or straight-line distance? I really preferred lateral distance for precise landings.

Edited by Spheniscine

I'm getting a bit of déjà-vu here... does the current version use lateral distance or straight-line distance? I really preferred lateral distance for precise landings.

It's the great circle distance (ie. along the sphere), with altitude difference taken into account. Next version will allow finer control over what gets displayed - ie. it'll let you display lateral distance instead.

Can I request a KerbalStuff mirror please? It just makes it so much easier to track updates.

When I do the refresh for 1.3.0 I will be putting it up on KerbalStuff. In the meantime, you still have lots of options:

1. CKAN
  2. KSP-AVC
  3. Watch in GitHub (will also notify you for bugs, etc)
  4. http://gh-release-watch.com/ (Unlike watching in GitHub, it will only tell you about new releases)

Can we make sandbox landing waypoints as well?

One of the things I'll look at for 1.3.0 is allowing user-creating waypoints. If there's nothing in the stock code that prevents waypoints from working in sandbox, I'll make sure that my part will work in sandbox.

One of the things I'll look at for 1.3.0 is allowing user-creating waypoints.

Could you open up an API for this? I have a list of certain waypoints that my addon might want to push (when they are discovered, that is :) )

Could you open up an API for this? I have a list of certain waypoints that my addon might want to push (when they are discovered, that is :) )

I'll see what I can figure out... I know it'll be at least a little bit hacking (ie. the waypoints won't work unless there's a contract, and I'm not quite sure yet how I'll dummy that up)....

• 2 weeks later...

ARRGH! This contract is driving me crazy! The waypoint appears to be near the top of a pointy Mun mountain and my third rover design still can't reach it! In the flying rover I can't see the bloody waypoint and keep missing and crashing!

Ah good, there's a new mod for that. [deep, relaxing breath] Thank you, nightingale. :) Post a contributions link and I'll buy you a beer.

edit: No, it wasn't on that peak at all, but in an easily-reachable spot next to it. Contract was completed in under two minutes with your mod installed. Thanks again! :)

Edited by Beowolf

ARRGH! This contract is driving me crazy! The waypoint appears to be near the top of a pointy Mun mountain and my third rover design still can't reach it! In the flying rover I can't see the bloody waypoint and keep missing and crashing!

Ah good, there's a new mod for that. [deep, relaxing breath] Thank you, nightingale. :) Post a contributions link and I'll buy you a beer.

edit: No, it wasn't on that peak at all, but in an easily-reachable spot next to it. Contract was completed in under two minutes with your mod installed. Thanks again! :)

Been meaning to put up a contribution link, so if you insist there is now one on the first post. It's amazing that with stock it's hard to get within 5km of a waypoint... really hoping they'll have their own version of this in stock by 1.0, but who knows?

In-Flight Waypoints is no more. Make way for Waypoint Manager. Same great mod, now with new features! Download it here.

Please make sure to delete your old InFlightWayoints directory when upgrading, as the directory structure has changed.

Waypoint Manager 2.0.0

• New GUI for displaying waypoints.
  • New settings menu to allow customization of what information is displayed and how it's displayed.
  • Dim waypoints that are on the other side of the planet/moon (like stock does in the map view).
  • Support displaying heading information to waypoint.
  • Support creation of custom waypoints.

The new GUI allows for tracking all waypoints simultaneously, as well as giving the ability to quickly change the active waypoint:

kJHKWeA.png

Also, you can now create your own waypoints:

Kj3C3Uk.png

Oh, and long requested, finally here - a Kerbal Stuff download link.

Edited by nightingale

Is it possible to click on the globe in map view mode and set waypoint?

Hehe, I'd started to work on that feature, but didn't like how it worked from a player's perspective (basically anytime you clicked on the globe (including clicking on a vessel) it would pop up the create waypoint box.

I'll probably revisit for the next version - it'll probably be a "mode" in the add window that allows you to click the map to populate the lat/lon values.

On the distance to waypoint shown on under the altimeter. Any chance you could add heading to waypoint. The icons on the navball are huge and it would be so much easier to line up on the waypoint with a heading.

Love the mod by the way. :)