[1.8.x+] Waypoint Manager [v2.8.1] [2019-10-22]

nightingale

4 hours ago, steve_v said:

Here we go again...

CKAN is pushing this version to 1.3.1 installs, where it is bung. Metadata needs updating.

Yeah, forgot to update the version file for CKAN.  I'll sort it out soon.

So perhaps I'm not sure on this: I'm playing on a Stock Sized Real Solar System game.  How do I set this up so that I can generate custom waypoints on the fly and have them saved to use for approaches/landing sites all over the globe?
The instructions aren't especially clear.  At least to me.  But I'm stupider than most.

Thanks in advance!

So I made a .cfg for it, and one waypoint shows up now--BUT--if I try to open the waypoint manager gui, I get this.
That little speck is the GUI.
*Boggles*

Went back to the 1.3.0 version and all works well.  Why the HELL CKAN wants to use the 1.4 with 1.3.1 is beyond me.

5fUvcFc.jpg?1

Edited by slaintemaith

3 hours ago, slaintemaith said:

So perhaps I'm not sure on this: I'm playing on a Stock Sized Real Solar System game.  How do I set this up so that I can generate custom waypoints on the fly and have them saved to use for approaches/landing sites all over the globe?
The instructions aren't especially clear.  At least to me.  But I'm stupider than most.

Thanks in advance!

So I made a .cfg for it, and one waypoint shows up now--BUT--if I try to open the waypoint manager gui, I get this.
That little speck is the GUI.
*Boggles*

The custom waypoints file feature is half-baked.  You have to use a very specific file (GameData/WaypointManager/PluginData/CustomWaypoints.cfg) and only then will it load it.  Works fine if you want to hit export in one save and import in another.  Any other use case is a pain.

3 hours ago, slaintemaith said:

Went back to the 1.3.0 version and all works well.  Why the HELL CKAN wants to use the 1.4 with 1.3.1 is beyond me.

That's my fault.  I accidentally released the 1.4.0 version under a 1.3.1 tag.  I'll send a PR to CKAN to stop that.

Hey!

Is it in any way possible to export waypoints that arn't custom made? I would like to export the waypoints from my missions. I tried export them but I get a message that 0 waypoints were added to the file and it's empty.

And the long / lat values have to few decimals for it to be exact when you want to make waypoints to kramax autopilot ^^

If there is no way, would it be possible to code this feature into the mod?

Edited by Schmelge

11 hours ago, Schmelge said:

Hey!

Is it in any way possible to export waypoints that arn't custom made? I would like to export the waypoints from my missions. I tried export them but I get a message that 0 waypoints were added to the file and it's empty.

And the long / lat values have to few decimals for it to be exact when you want to make waypoints to kramax autopilot ^^

If there is no way, would it be possible to code this feature into the mod?

The export feature is kind of a hacky mess to be honest.  You should be able to get the lat/lon directly from your save file, but otherwise I probably won't be coding anything more anytime soon (not enough time, sadly).

23 minutes ago, nightingale said:

The export feature is kind of a hacky mess to be honest.  You should be able to get the lat/lon directly from your save file, but otherwise I probably won't be coding anything more anytime soon (not enough time, sadly).

Aah okey, no worries m8 life happens sometime :) After digging around for a while I found the long and lat now in the save file! Thanks a lot for the help! :)

And if someday in the future you find yourself having time for coding again, remember the suggestion anyways :D it would be nice :)

Have a really nice evening!

Cheers

// Schmelge

On 12/24/2014 at 4:03 PM, nightingale said:

@Miles Teg has provided some custom waypoint files!

I have created an updated file. The waypoints on Kerbin are very accurate. Those elsewhere aren't necessary as precise but should be good enough for a landing target.For now. I'll update them as I can.

http://www.tasigh.org/ksp/CustomWaypoints.cfg

3 minutes ago, nightingale said:

The navball flashing should be a stock thing  - so no way that I am aware of.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the flashing navball is due to stock not clearing the "in range" flag for the last contract waypoint.

8 hours ago, nightingale said:

The navball flashing should be a stock thing  - so no way that I am aware of.

Its actually a custom waypoint that i make, and they will sometimes just start flashing despite being on the opposite side of the planet. I know its cosmetic, but its super irksome.

2 hours ago, Mark Kerbin said:

Its actually a custom waypoint that i make, and they will sometimes just start flashing despite being on the opposite side of the planet. I know its cosmetic, but its super irksome.

but the functinality to make it blink is from stock ksp and apparently not part of the waypoint manager mod as such.

Bug report should go to Squad

Edited by Warezcrawler

1 hour ago, Warezcrawler said:

but the functinality to make it blink is from stock ksp and apparently not part of the waypoint manager mod as such.

Bug report should go to Squad

True. Only shows up with maypoint manager installed tho. 

Eh it seems to have stopped.

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, taniwha said:

Did waypoint information not show in IVA in the past? Is there a setting to enable it?

I should show up in IVA.  Although there's an extremely long-standing bug where the markers are drawn stupidly (and so they show up over top of the IVA stuff).

What is it exactly that you're seeing (or not seeing)?

The markers show up fine (sort of the tear drops aren't always there when I expect them to be), it's the distance and ETA to the waypoint that I don't see in IVA but do in external view.

19 minutes ago, taniwha said:

The markers show up fine (sort of the tear drops aren't always there when I expect them to be), it's the distance and ETA to the waypoint that I don't see in IVA but do in external view.

Sounds like a bug, raised #54.  Right now the text has an offset calculated from the altimeter (so that it slides down with the altimeter).  I'm guessing the fact that there's no altimeter in IVA is what's breaking this.

8 hours ago, nightingale said:

Sounds like a bug, raised #54.  Right now the text has an offset calculated from the altimeter (so that it slides down with the altimeter).  I'm guessing the fact that there's no altimeter in IVA is what's breaking this.

Thank you. I guess the altimeter was merely hidden before because I seem to remember the info being there in the past.