[1.8.x+] Waypoint Manager [v2.8.1] [2019-10-22]

nightingale

Is there an issue when you have the new mechJeb installed with SCAN - and then install Waypoint manager? Waypoint manager seems to want RemoteTech. Or is the error in the SCANmechjeb area? Sorry, im kinda new to KSP (just started playing 2 weeks ago)

[LOG 12:22:01.819] AssemblyLoader: KSPAssembly 'WaypointManager' V1.0

[LOG 12:22:01.821] AssemblyLoader: Loading assemblies

[ERR 12:22:01.823] AssemblyLoader: Assembly 'CC_RemoteTech' has not met dependency 'RemoteTech' V1.6

[ERR 12:22:01.823] AssemblyLoader: Assembly 'CC_RemoteTech' is missing 1 dependencies

[ERR 12:22:01.935] AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'SCANmechjeb': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.

at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)

at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at AssemblyLoader.LoadAssemblies () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Additional information about this exception:

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'SCANmechjeb.SCANmechjeb' from assembly 'SCANmechjeb, Version=1.2.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

Totally unrelated to WaypointManager. :)

First line is loading waypoint manager, next couple are related to CC_RemoteTech (ContractConfigurator RemoteTech integration). It doesn't load because you don't have RemoteTech.

Next ones are the SCANsat MechJeb integration. From a quick look at DMagic's stuff, I would've expected it to give the "is missing 1 dependency" error and just be quiet after that (assuming you do not have MechJeb). Anyway, point is, this is related to SCANsat, and should be harmless, although you can check on that thread to see if anyone has reported it (I did a while back, but I think it was assumed to be due to versioning issues with the pre-release at the time).

This is something I have needed for so long! custom waypoints?? can you enter in lat/long for it or what? actually tbh I'm going to download in a minute and find out for myself, thanks for this mod :)

This is something I have needed for so long! custom waypoints?? can you enter in lat/long for it or what? actually tbh I'm going to download in a minute and find out for myself, thanks for this mod :)

You can enter lat/lon or just click on the map/terrain. :)

So the waypoints are drawing on top of UI and my ship. Is this expected behavior?

I have to say, the custom waypoints are fantastic. I have initial 2% glideslope points 10 km either side of the KSC runway and it has made getting set up to land so much easier!

So the waypoints are drawing on top of UI and my ship. Is this expected behavior?

I have to say, the custom waypoints are fantastic. I have initial 2% glideslope points 10 km either side of the KSC runway and it has made getting set up to land so much easier!

It's not really intended behaviour, but it's a known issue without an easy fix. One day perhaps I'll fix it. :)

Does this mod let you click on a planet somewhere and make a waypoint there? I tried doing that but it didn't work. I'd like to couple this with SCANSat and select biomes to go find.

Does this mod let you click on a planet somewhere and make a waypoint there? I tried doing that but it didn't work. I'd like to couple this with SCANSat and select biomes to go find.

Yes, should be possible, go into map mode, and hit the add custom waypoint button in the main window. Or same thing for the tracking station. Note that if you're in map mode there's a known issue where it'll default to the vessel's altitude (which can make placing the waypoint difficult). Just check the 'use terrain' height option and it'll make more sense.

I Don't know if it is a bug in Contract Configurator, Waypoint Manager, or the contract pack itself.

The Distance / Heading / ETA display for contracts added by Contract Configurator have been acting a little buggy. It will ether display distance and heading or distance and eta instead of displaying all 3 stats (ETA, Heading, Distance).

Is it possible that the missing stat is still there below the bottom of the transparent text box? (The box being too small to display that last line of text?) Or maybe it is up too high and is hiding behind the altitude readout?

I Don't know if it is a bug in Contract Configurator, Waypoint Manager, or the contract pack itself.

The Distance / Heading / ETA display for contracts added by Contract Configurator have been acting a little buggy. It will ether display distance and heading or distance and eta instead of displaying all 3 stats (ETA, Heading, Distance).

Is it possible that the missing stat is still there below the bottom of the transparent text box? (The box being too small to display that last line of text?) Or maybe it is up too high and is hiding behind the altitude readout?

That sounds odd... can you provide a screenshot with this behaviour that includes the waypoint manager settings window?

Is there a way, and if not would you consider adding it, to refresh the waypoints while in a vessel? I mean after I have finished all my surveys I usually have to go back to MC at the KSC to accept more. Well Dmagic came out with CapCom which basically is a MC while still controlling a vessel. I noticed though I am unable to bring up waypoints, and that they are not displayed in map mode either. It is as if I need a scene change for waypoint manager to catch up and refresh. Is this possible? Love this mod so much it always seems like the best mods without glitches always go so long unnoticed and underappreciated, TO me this mod is as essential and stock as FinePrint itself. AMAZING work!

Mind raising a GitHub issue for this one? But first, can you run a test? If you accept a contract via CapCom, do the waypoints show up in the map view? If no, then the problem is with Squad, and you'll need to petition them. :)

Actually, if you're able to run the test with both a stock and Contract Configurator contract, there might be interesting results...

Mind raising a GitHub issue for this one? But first, can you run a test? If you accept a contract via CapCom, do the waypoints show up in the map view? If no, then the problem is with Squad, and you'll need to petition them. :)

Actually, if you're able to run the test with both a stock and Contract Configurator contract, there might be interesting results...

Will do thanks!

Activating waypoints when a contract is accepted is actually a tricky thing to do. When in the flight scene waypoints for inactive contracts aren't added to the WaypointManager (the FinePrint class, not this addon), so contracts with waypoints associated with them must be added manually (the spinning dots and orbit icons from specific orbit contracts are also waypoints, and must be handled in a similar manner).

Before being activated waypoints are only stored along with their associated contract, not in WaypointManager.Instance.AllWaypoints(). So the only way for CapCom to get those objects is to search through the contract itself and find any stored waypoints; this is surprisingly difficult for stock contracts and very complicated for mod contracts.

So technically this is something that would best be handled by stock KSP, but it would require separate waypoint lists, one for all waypoints and one for active waypoints.

Activating waypoints when a contract is accepted is actually a tricky thing to do. When in the flight scene waypoints for inactive contracts aren't added to the WaypointManager (the FinePrint class, not this addon), so contracts with waypoints associated with them must be added manually (the spinning dots and orbit icons from specific orbit contracts are also waypoints, and must be handled in a similar manner).

Before being activated waypoints are only stored along with their associated contract, not in WaypointManager.Instance.AllWaypoints(). So the only way for CapCom to get those objects is to search through the contract itself and find any stored waypoints; this is surprisingly difficult for stock contracts and very complicated for mod contracts.

So technically this is something that would best be handled by stock KSP, but it would require separate waypoint lists, one for all waypoints and one for active waypoints.

Hmmm, been a while since I played with this, but if I remember correctly the waypoints needed to be added when the contract was offered so they will show up in the tracking station for offered contracts.

Anyway, looks like I'm just iterating through WaypointManager.Instance.AllWaypoints(), so I would pretty much need something else (preferably the contract itself) to add the waypoints to that at the appropriate time (which I swear I'm doing in Contract Configurator....)

FinePrint adds the waypoints for all offered and active contracts to the list when it loads in the tracking station, and only adds the waypoints for active contracts during the flight scene.

The obvious solution might be to add the waypoints (if WaypointManager is loaded) in OnAccepted().

It is the screen shot you requested on page 31.

That sounds odd... can you provide a screenshot with this behaviour that includes the waypoint manager settings window?

Though I did forget the settings window. I will see about getting that now.

Edit:

Ok that is odd, I looked at the settings and found that one of the display options had unchecked itself for some reason.

Edited by Tontow

• 2 weeks later...

Man, just wanted to mention:

I hadn't really played around much with the new features previously and was using Waypoint Manager almost exactly like the way I used to use In-Flight Waypoints since 1.0 dropped, but was recently testing a bunch of BTSM's bombing missions, and started fooling around with the new stuff some while doing so.

Wow man. It's rare that I say this about mods, but the interface you've setup for managing and creating waypoints is super slick. Not sure how I ever played without being able to just plop down a nav marker at KSC (or even better, at either end of the runway), but I certainly don't want to live without it now. Nice job :)

Edited by FlowerChild

Thanks, much appreciated! I was quite pleased with getting the "plop waypoint on map" functionality working (although I think I may need to change the default setting to "terrain height" in that mode instead of vessel height... otherwise makes it very confusing).

And hopefully it'll be even better when I can finally get all the stuff squared away in Contract Configurator and do the glideslope changes discussed a few pages back. Of course, that wouldn't be all that useful to me, since most of my planes have been flying bricks. Maybe if I played BTSM I'd have more incentive to be frugal and do beautiful runway landings for 100% recovery value. As it is, plane + parachute works for me! :D

Thanks, much appreciated! I was quite pleased with getting the "plop waypoint on map" functionality working (although I think I may need to change the default setting to "terrain height" in that mode instead of vessel height... otherwise makes it very confusing).

Well, the button to set it to terrain height does quite well there :)

And hopefully it'll be even better when I can finally get all the stuff squared away in Contract Configurator and do the glideslope changes discussed a few pages back. Of course, that wouldn't be all that useful to me, since most of my planes have been flying bricks. Maybe if I played BTSM I'd have more incentive to be frugal and do beautiful runway landings for 100% recovery value. As it is, plane + parachute works for me! :D

Not sure BTSM would help with that one actually, as the recovery thing is a design issue I'm still mulling over. At present, there's not a heck of a lot of difference between recovering straight from the runway, or recovering say 100Km out, which tends to bias things heavily towards the "just ditch the plane wherever and recover" thing, and of course having the player fly in a straight line for extended periods of time to move targets further out isn't really practical anyways especially given the wonkiness of using time accel with planes.

Ultimately I view player time as the primary resource in KSP career mode, and it's a bit tricky to work things for planes so that the funds earned per unit time makes plane recovery worthwhile without massively inflating the price of plane parts or what have you. Decreasing the recovery rate with distance isn't really a solution either given something like 100 km is nothing for rocket recovery.

Anyways, total tangent there, but suffice it to say, BTSM wouldn't really help at present with that, but I'm working on it ;)

Was going to note here that it's working fine in KSP 1.0.3... but then noticed I had an outstanding change that has been waiting for a release for a while. So let's do a new release instead! Download now!

Waypoint Manager 2.3.3

• Hide waypoints when they are disabled.
  • Update version file to support KSP 1.0.3

Apologies to those not using CKAN, as I'm giving up on trying to get it updated to KSP 1.0.4 without just re-releasing. So new, version that is exactly the same as the last version but with the .version file updated. Download now! (or not)

Waypoint Manager 2.3.4

• Stop fighting with CKAN and just release update to support KSP 1.0.4