[1.8.x+] Waypoint Manager [v2.8.1] [2019-10-22]

nightingale

- Fixed issue with ETA for large distances.

You might be aware already, but it seems it's a bit derpy if the ETA is more than a day :)

2789CABE990C6107908C8419128BCE392ED2E33C

Also, it's so far down on my screen that it really doesn't need to move for the altimeter sliding (and it slightly overlaps the timewarp notification) :P

Edited by armagheddonsgw

You might be aware already, but it seems it's a bit derpy if the ETA is more than a day :)

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/545265666665094373/2789CABE990C6107908C8419128BCE392ED2E33C/

Also, it's so far down on my screen that it really doesn't need to move for the altimeter sliding (and it slightly overlaps the timewarp notification) :P

Significantly better than the last release, where it would've been smack in the middle of the screen.

Can you tell me the following settings:

1) screen resolution.

2) windowed or full screen

3) ui size

At 1920x1080, full screen and default UI it puts it directly over the altimeter on my screen, you can barely even read it. I figured it's probably wrong but meh. I'm using it for the way points visualization. On that note, is there a way to turn it off altogether? Or maybe only turn it on when you've activated a way point?

Edited by Hyomoto

At 1920x1080, full screen and default UI it puts it directly over the altimeter on my screen, you can barely even read it. I figured it's probably wrong but meh. I'm using it for the way points visualization. On that note, is there a way to turn it off altogether? Or maybe only turn it on when you've activated a way point?

Fix very soon for the text placement issue.

It already only gets turned on if a waypoint is activated. Disabling the text via a configuration file will be in the 1.3.0 release. However, don't expect that until late next week, as I'll be working on getting a Contract Configurator release out, as well as another new mod (a small one).

- - - Updated - - -

In-Flight Waypoints 1.2.5 is out! Download it now!

Changes:

- Minor performance changes.

- Fixed text positioning issue. For EVERY resolution and EVERY UI scale setting.

- Anti-derp fix - Don't display ETA if it's greater than a day.

If your text doesn't look like this... then I will eat this post.

O0V8FxO.png

Otherwise, we shall never again speak of the time that it took nightingale 3 days to fix a GUI text placement issue...

I wanted to get the heading stuff in this release, but I'm not convinced that all users would want it - so I'm going to save it for 1.3.0 when I implement a configuration file so that users can choose which of those text items get displayed.

Edited by nightingale

- Anti-derp fix - Don't display ETA if it's greater than a day.

Please make that configurable (for 1.3.0). I have done 11h drives before, so ETAs > 1 day are perfectly reasonable. Not everyone flies at Mach 4: Just today I did a 1500km (one way) trip to do a contract: took about three hours (Mach 0.9 at 19km).

Please make that configurable (for 1.3.0). I have done 11h drives before, so ETAs > 1 day are perfectly reasonable. Not everyone flies at Mach 4: Just today I did a 1500km (one way) trip to do a contract: took about three hours (Mach 0.9 at 19km).

No problem, I'll make that change for the next release.

The change requests never cease! Nor your effort to keep us updated! So our gratitude must always be there as well. Thank you once more for keep doing this work tirelessly! :)

You're more than welcome! With gratitude like that, maybe I'll shift things around and try to get 1.3.0 for early next week (or sooner? who knows!).

I've been having trouble downloading from Github recently (although normal browsing it works fine). Could you provide an alternative download mirror please?

Seems to be a fairly high demand for it, so I'll be putting it up on KerbalStuff as an alternative download site.

Unfortunately their registration system is bonkers - it says it'll send my confirmation email in a few hours! So it'll be a while before it's up.

Why it's not available on 25.0?;.; (I don't want download 0.90, but this plugin very useful)

The biggest reason would be that 0.25 doesn't have waypoints (in stock), but also because I didn't write this plugin until 0.90 was already around. Back-porting it to 0.25 + fineprint just isn't worth the benefit to the relatively small number of users given the amount of time it would take for me to do it.

I appreciate that you joined just to post this (welcome to the forums!), but I'm afraid you'll have to wait until you're ready to move to 0.90 to enjoy this mod.

EDIT: And on the Kerbal Stuff front, I'm still waiting on the confirmation email from their site to be able to log in to my newly created account. :(

Edited by nightingale
Kerbal Stuff

Look's like the text position is still in wrong place.

http://i.imgur.com/hJAEkYF.jpg

My screen resolution is 1280x1024, and I'm playing on full screen.

Please, don't eat the post:)

:( :( :(

I tested those settings, so there's obviously some other difference.

First, the obvious stuff - make sure you're on the latest version (1.2.5). KSP-AVC would be nice to make absolutely sure.

Assuming that's in order - what ui scaling setting are you using?

EDIT: actually, I'm not sure I tested the 4:3 resolutions. There's absolutely no good reason for them to be different.... Which is why I'm sure they will be.

Edited by nightingale

It already only gets turned on if a waypoint is activated.

That post probably tastes good about now. ;) It shows me the way points whether or not I have one selected. Also, is it supposed to show EVERY way point or just the one you have selected? In this picture I have no points selected and yet you can see both of them.

C92C4CEE33B5315DD1CFC741C8D6E8FEED6DD10C

That post probably tastes good about now. ;) It shows me the way points whether or not I have one selected. Also, is it supposed to show EVERY way point or just the one you have selected? In this picture I have no points selected and yet you can see both of them.

http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/38611227433594449/C92C4CEE33B5315DD1CFC741C8D6E8FEED6DD10C/

Whoops, yeah that's working how it should - I just misunderstood your question. :)

At far distances it'll only show a waypoint if it is selected. At close distances it will show all the waypoints. How close is close? It depends on how fast you're going. If you're standing still, it'll show waypoints within about 25 km. If you're going really fast (like in the high atmosphere or orbit), that distance will be significantly greater - probably 100-200 km.

And the "distance to" text will only show for a selected waypoint.

Anyway, back to your original question, no way to turn that off. I'll be introducing a bunch of config file settings in 1.3.0, so I can add something along the lines of "only display waypoints if selected".

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know why, but now it's working good.

Yup, confirmed with your settings (both windowed and full screen):

DLRseJj.png

So I'm gonna go and assume it was some sort of install issue or something. Leftover bees from the last version maybe. :)

Thanks for this. Not for the mod itself (which is slick) but for introducing me to the fact that the API has calls to return the current Waypoint data, and where they are. I want to let people writing kOS scripts make rover drivers that can seek the waypoint as a goal and I had no idea how to read the latitude and longitude directly from contracts. After digging around the API for a while trying to find it, I noticed this thread and went "oh yeah duh". It never occurred to me to just ignore the contracts system and instead just let users select the waypoint and then have kOS read the current Waypoint.

Thanks for this. Not for the mod itself (which is slick) but for introducing me to the fact that the API has calls to return the current Waypoint data, and where they are. I want to let people writing kOS scripts make rover drivers that can seek the waypoint as a goal and I had no idea how to read the latitude and longitude directly from contracts. After digging around the API for a while trying to find it, I noticed this thread and went "oh yeah duh". It never occurred to me to just ignore the contracts system and instead just let users select the waypoint and then have kOS read the current Waypoint.

Good stuff, glad it was a useful example. If you want the other half (generating waypoints), have a look at this code from Contract Configurator:

https://github.com/jrossignol/ContractConfigurator/blob/master/source/ContractConfigurator/ContractBehaviour/WaypointGenerator.cs

I haven't *yet* tested generating waypoints decoupled from the contract system (I'll be looking into that soon for In-Flight Waypoints). That one *could* be troublesome, as I do remember having exceptions thrown when I left waypoint.contractReference set to null. :(

And, the text position bug has return.

mpK69pX.jpg

My save: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6x44b2okbjx4roa/quicksave%20%2311.sfs?dl=0

Ship name is Mun orbiter 4.

Toolbar-1.7.8

AnimatedDecouplers_v1.0.1

Adjustable_Landing_Gear-1.0.4

DistantObject_1.5.1

EditorExtensions_v2.5

EnhancedNavBall_1_3_5

FASA_Launch_Clamps_and_Towers-5.00

Firespitter - only dll

GingerCorp-station.hubs.1.1

InFlightWaypoints_1.2.5SS

NC-Space Shuttle RCS Nosecone

KerbalEngineer-1.0.14.1

Kerbal_Joint_Reinforcement-v2.4.5

kOS.v0.15.4

MapShowNavBall-v1.1-PublicDomain

KSPX-0.2.7

TAL_Radial_Experiment_Storage_Container

TT's SPP MK2 Nose

NavBallDockingAlignmentIndicator

Nothke_SerCom_v1.3

Mk3_Mini_Expansion_Pack-V1.0

PartAngleDisplay_0.3.0.0

PreciseNode-1.1.2

QuickExit-v1.01

QuickRevert-v1.10

5 Point Hub minor update + 4 Point Hub

RCSBuildAid_v0.5.4

RealChute v1.2.6.3

RLA Stockalike 12.1

SafeChute v1.6

ksp_sdhi_sms_v2_4

Stockalike_Station_Parts_Expansion-0.2.1

StockBugFixModules.v0.1.7b

StripSymmetry_1.5

SwitchVessel-0.4

ShipInfoPlugin-0.3

TweakableEverything-1-7

Trajectories-1.1.2

KerbalAlarmClock_3.1.2.0

KSPAlternateResourcePanel_2.6.3.0

TurboNisuReloaded

UbioWeldingLtd_2.1-0.90-Unofficial

Stock-Revamp 1.6B

2-Kerbal Command Pod [Mk. 1-1 A2]

ModuleManager.2.5.6

ZeroScienceContracts

And, the text position bug has return.

http://i.imgur.com/mpK69pX.jpg

My save: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6x44b2okbjx4roa/quicksave%20%2311.sfs?dl=0

Ship name is Mun orbiter 4.

Toolbar-1.7.8

AnimatedDecouplers_v1.0.1

Adjustable_Landing_Gear-1.0.4

DistantObject_1.5.1

EditorExtensions_v2.5

EnhancedNavBall_1_3_5

FASA_Launch_Clamps_and_Towers-5.00

Firespitter - only dll

GingerCorp-station.hubs.1.1

NC-Space Shuttle RCS Nosecone

KerbalEngineer-1.0.14.1

Kerbal_Joint_Reinforcement-v2.4.5

kOS.v0.15.4

MapShowNavBall-v1.1-PublicDomain

KSPX-0.2.7

TAL_Radial_Experiment_Storage_Container

TT's SPP MK2 Nose

NavBallDockingAlignmentIndicator

Nothke_SerCom_v1.3

Mk3_Mini_Expansion_Pack-V1.0

PartAngleDisplay_0.3.0.0

PreciseNode-1.1.2

QuickExit-v1.01

QuickRevert-v1.10

5 Point Hub minor update + 4 Point Hub

RCSBuildAid_v0.5.4

RealChute v1.2.6.3

RLA Stockalike 12.1

SafeChute v1.6

ksp_sdhi_sms_v2_4

Stockalike_Station_Parts_Expansion-0.2.1

StockBugFixModules.v0.1.7b

StripSymmetry_1.5

SwitchVessel-0.4

ShipInfoPlugin-0.3

TweakableEverything-1-7

Trajectories-1.1.2

KerbalAlarmClock_3.1.2.0

KSPAlternateResourcePanel_2.6.3.0

TurboNisuReloaded

UbioWeldingLtd_2.1-0.90-Unofficial

Stock-Revamp 1.6B

2-Kerbal Command Pod [Mk. 1-1 A2]

ModuleManager.2.5.6

ZeroScienceContracts

What's with the SS?

Anyway, usual questions: resolution, ui scaling and full screen?

New questions: did you change any of said settings since restarting ksp? And has it ever worked for you?