[1.8.x+] Waypoint Manager [v2.8.1] [2019-10-22]

nightingale

Hi,

Long time user of the awesomerest mod waypoint manager, I've been bothered by the grayish colour the KSC waypoint has in planning mode, especially on top of grayish clouds (that might be added by a visual mod, I can't quite remember).

I couldn't find the option to make the KSC flag appear in a more vivid color, whereas it's a nice "my eyes burn green" in flight view (which is perfect because it really stands out). Did I miss something, and if not, is it feasible to add this feature in a future release ?

Thanks 

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, nightingale said:

First mod update from me in a long time, please enjoy!

Waypoint Manager 2.8.0

• Recompile for KSP 1.8.0
  • Fixed NRE when changing scenes (thanks DomiKamu).
  • Workaround for minor stock bug - the Dessert Airfield has the wrong icon (thanks Jacke4913).

Thank you very much! 

55 minutes ago, Kerbal101 said:

@nightingale DLL header of WM 2.8.0 in "Release Version"  says its 2.7.5 and after install AVC detects it as older. :)

Yeah, I realized last night that I messed up and forgot to change the version in the assembly...  I may do a new release just to fix that.

2 hours ago, nightingale said:

Yeah, I realized last night that I messed up and forgot to change the version in the assembly...  I may do a new release just to fix that.

been there. done that. :o:o:P that *faceplant* oh for the sake of all that is Kerbal! moment.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I think I may have run into a bug with this mod.

I'm playing career mode with version 1.8.1.2694 and both DLCs, and just came across this mod and installed it. I immediately noticed that waypoints of completed contracts would no longer disappear after the task was complete, and I see no way to remove them manually, as they can't be deleted like custom waypoints.

Even worse is that these waypoints persist when loading a game, even though the game was saved without them. I tried saving, accepting a contract, then quick loading when I didn't like the positions of the waypoints (I did this in flight using the CapCom mod), and the waypoints stayed after load, even when the contract was declined. Repeating this generated even more identical waypoints on top of each other.

Fortunately, exiting the game entirely (not just to the main menu) does fix this, but it is an annoying workaround.

Is it possible there may be a mod conflict? I'm also using Contract Reward Modifier, Contracts Window +, and CapCom (access contracts in flight), but the problem only started when I added Waypoint Manager.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

First, thanks for a great mod. Should have been part of stock. I don't tend to do a lot of stuff on the ground, but when I do, the markers this provides are indispensable.

It would be a nice extra if there were a way to increase the text size so that I could read it without practically getting nose prints on my screen. :-) Either by following the UI size options in stock or by a separate option in the mod. I'm aware this mod was originally done before the game was usable on high-resolution displays at all. Fortunately, the markers are a big help even when I can't read the text. Don't know whether you'll ever have the time/inclination/whatever to put much more work into it, but if you do, a text size improvement would be great.

Heyo! I was curious, how difficult would it be to change the UI theme to the KSP default bubble instead of the transparent gray/black border? I love this mod but it is the only one I have that uses the old gray and it seems very out of place :(

Edited by Avera9eJoe

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I love this mod and it is pretty much always part of my mod load.  In a recent run on a RSS/RO RP-1 career I was making use of Waypoint Manager and it functions fine for the most part.  However, it does spam the heck out of the log spamming a message that is is looking for "Kerbin" however, in RSS Kerbin doesn't exist so it fails and keeps spamming the message.   Is there a way to modify Waypoint Manager so that it doesn't spam the log on RSS games?

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/25/2020 at 12:23 PM, Galland1998 said:

I love this mod and it is pretty much always part of my mod load.  In a recent run on a RSS/RO RP-1 career I was making use of Waypoint Manager and it functions fine for the most part.  However, it does spam the heck out of the log spamming a message that is is looking for "Kerbin" however, in RSS Kerbin doesn't exist so it fails and keeps spamming the message.   Is there a way to modify Waypoint Manager so that it doesn't spam the log on RSS games?

Can you post an example,please

On 2/23/2020 at 11:43 PM, Avera9eJoe said:

Heyo! I was curious, how difficult would it be to change the UI theme to the KSP default bubble instead of the transparent gray/black border? I love this mod but it is the only one I have that uses the old gray and it seems very out of place :(

4 lines need to be added and then tested to be sure the spacing is good

10 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Any idea why he closed the issue, it seems the problem is still there

No idea I wondered that myself. I compiled the mod locally with the changes mentioned and it does indeed fix the issue. The only hiccup, as mentioned in the github issues, is it put the games default waypoint for KSC in the sun.

50 minutes ago, Svm420 said:

No idea I wondered that myself. I compiled the mod locally with the changes mentioned and it does indeed fix the issue. The only hiccup, as mentioned in the github issues, is it put the games default waypoint for KSC in the sun.

But that's only a problem with RSS?