[1.8.x+] Waypoint Manager [v2.8.1] [2019-10-22]

nightingale

I have observed a grafical glitch which turns up when I select a waypoint on minmus (don't know if this is related to minmus, that's just where I've seen it.

I the screen shot you can clearly see a white square. I think it must be related to waypoint manager, since it happens when selecting a waypoint, and I get a null exception

[EXC 21:13:20.403] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    NavHud.WaypointMarker.LoadTexture ()
    NavHud.MainBehaviour.OnPreCull ()

Log file

8 minutes ago, Warezcrawler said:

I have observed a grafical glitch which turns up when I select a waypoint on minmus (don't know if this is related to minmus, that's just where I've seen it.

I the screen shot you can clearly see a white square. I think it must be related to waypoint manager, since it happens when selecting a waypoint, and I get a null exception

[EXC 21:13:20.403] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    NavHud.WaypointMarker.LoadTexture ()
    NavHud.MainBehaviour.OnPreCull ()

Log file

Although it's possible that it's waypoint manager related, the error is coming from NavHud (and the square may be where it draws one of its many markers, so I'd try there first.

Just now, nightingale said:

Although it's possible that it's waypoint manager related, the error is coming from NavHud (and the square may be where it draws one of its many markers, so I'd try there first.

Ohhh.... thanks... will look that way then.... sorry.

• 2 weeks later...

Concerning "Waypoint Manager" interaction with other mods, I have this to add:

Like Warezcrawler, I have white square issue with "NAVHud" and "Waypoint manager".

I am also using "Raster Prop Monitor" and, when in an IVA cockpit, if I setup an RPM MFD to display the NAVBall, as soon as I click on the Waypoint Manager icon to open the window, the MFD goes blank and "Exception Detector" pops an error encountered with RPM...

So, perhaps this is not Waypoint Manager fault... Not sure at this point. Just thought I would add more information to the discussion.

2 hours ago, Galenmacil said:

Concerning "Waypoint Manager" interaction with other mods, I have this to add:

Like Warezcrawler, I have white square issue with "NAVHud" and "Waypoint manager".

Assuming that it's the same issue as warezcrawler, then it should be solely a NAVHud problem - but I haven't checked the follow up in that thread to see what happened.

2 hours ago, Galenmacil said:

I am also using "Raster Prop Monitor" and, when in an IVA cockpit, if I setup an RPM MFD to display the NAVBall, as soon as I click on the Waypoint Manager icon to open the window, the MFD goes blank and "Exception Detector" pops an error encountered with RPM...

So, perhaps this is not Waypoint Manager fault... Not sure at this point. Just thought I would add more information to the discussion.

That's weird.  I can't think of anything that would do that could break RPM - maybe toss a log my way and I'll take a peek.

Here is the log.

I loaded my current game with all my mod suit, went to an active vessel on the runway, switched to IVA, set the Primary MFD to show navball. I then opened the waypoint manager window and clicked on a waypoint to activate it: MFD went dark and exceptions started to flow.

Edited by Galenmacil

12 hours ago, nightingale said:

Assuming that it's the same issue as warezcrawler, then it should be solely a NAVHud problem - but I haven't checked the follow up in that thread to see what happened.

@Galenmacil I think nightingale is right. The issue lies with NavHud. There are several others who have reported the issue with "whitesprites" in that thread. And if I have understood some of them correctly, then the issue is there between NavHud and apparently all custom navpoints.

12 hours ago, Galenmacil said:

Here is the log.

I loaded my current game with all my mod suit, went to an active vessel on the runway, switched to IVA, set the Primary MFD to show navball. I then opened the waypoint manager window and clicked on a waypoint to activate it: MFD went dark and exceptions started to flow.

Nothing obvious in the log or code that would cause this - I'd recommend seeing what they say over on the RPM thread.

• 2 weeks later...

New release with a couple bug fixes.  Download here.

Waypoint Manager 2.5.2

• Remove waypoints from the waypoint list when they no longer active (thanks severedsolo).
  • Move config file to PluginData to prevent unneccessesary Module Manager cache rebuilds (thanks galenmacil).

I love WPM!  Use it all the time.  But the one feature I'd pay good money for is if there was a way to show whether the mission has to be performed above or below the waypoint.  It's annoying to have to dig through the contracts list and sort out which ones are "above 18,500 meters" or "below 17,000 meters."

Good.... money.

12 hours ago, Sarxis said:

I love WPM!  Use it all the time.  But the one feature I'd pay good money for is if there was a way to show whether the mission has to be performed above or below the waypoint.  It's annoying to have to dig through the contracts list and sort out which ones are "above 18,500 meters" or "below 17,000 meters."

Good.... money.

Unfortunately there's no easy way to do this, as different contracts can use waypoints in different ways (using a variety of different parameters).  So it'd be a lot of work to pull the information that you want (the best I can do is show which contract the waypoint relates to.

21 hours ago, nightingale said:

Unfortunately there's no easy way to do this, as different contracts can use waypoints in different ways (using a variety of different parameters).  So it'd be a lot of work to pull the information that you want (the best I can do is show which contract the waypoint relates to.

Ahh ok!  I can live without it... barely :P   Thanks for the reply!

Waypoint Manager doesn't seem to like it if the PluginData folder itself is deleted, throwing IsolatedStorageExceptions when attempting to enter the VAB from KSC. This also has the side effect of breaking the KSC scene, with symptoms like being unable to quit to the main menu. Navigation to/from some places (e.g. R&D, mission control) works fine.  The flight scene is also broken; if a preexisting craft is entered (it was on the launchpad in my case and thus accessible from the KSC scene), there doesn't appear to be a way to get back to the KSC.

If the folder is present, even if it is empty, WM works fine.

Steps to reproduce:

- Set up stock install + Waypoint Manager

- Delete GameData/WaypointManager/PluginData

- Start KSP, load a file

- Click on the VAB

Logs here: http://pastebin.com/SLfWffrw

29 minutes ago, awang said:

Waypoint Manager doesn't seem to like it if the PluginData folder itself is deleted, throwing IsolatedStorageExceptions when attempting to enter the VAB from KSC. This also has the side effect of breaking the KSC scene, with symptoms like being unable to quit to the main menu. Navigation to/from some places (e.g. R&D, mission control) works fine.  The flight scene is also broken; if a preexisting craft is entered (it was on the launchpad in my case and thus accessible from the KSC scene), there doesn't appear to be a way to get back to the KSC.

If the folder is present, even if it is empty, WM works fine.

Steps to reproduce:

- Set up stock install + Waypoint Manager

- Delete GameData/WaypointManager/PluginData

- Start KSP, load a file

- Click on the VAB

Logs here: http://pastebin.com/SLfWffrw

Solution: Please don't delete the PluginData folder. :)

Just now, nightingale said:

Solution: Please don't delete the PluginData folder. :)

Hmmm... Normally I wouldn't, but I'm trying to set up my install under git to help with troubleshooting, and it doesn't keep empty folder, resulting in me running into this after a fresh checkout. I can work around that, though.

Still, I thought Waypoint Manager should handle a missing folder more elegantly. Something I should create a PR for, I guess?

1 hour ago, awang said:

Hmmm... Normally I wouldn't, but I'm trying to set up my install under git to help with troubleshooting, and it doesn't keep empty folder, resulting in me running into this after a fresh checkout. I can work around that, though.

Still, I thought Waypoint Manager should handle a missing folder more elegantly. Something I should create a PR for, I guess?

A PR would be awesome.  Now that I get the root issue though, the real workaround would be to just check in the settings file that is auto-generated on first startup (technically it's written on shutdown).

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, @nightingale. I have a kind of bug:

Checkout the screenshot. The subject is the pink radar. I was flying straight towards it (white cross) and then edited it and set a new location. Now it's shown as inactive in the list but navigation is still visible on the navball and points towards the old position. That's until I reactivate navigation manually.

Spoiler

OgEGYtn.jpg

I guess the root of the problem is that the NavWaypoint is not updated when custom WP's position is edited. IsNavPoint() returns false because the positions do not match, that's why it's not checked in the list but in fact stock navigation is active and still set to the old location.