[1.8.x+] Waypoint Manager [v2.8.1] [2019-10-22]

nightingale

On 12/30/2018 at 10:37 AM, nightingale said:

Thanks for confirming that - I had suspected an underlying stock bug, but hadn't had a chance to look yet.

You might be interested in my most recent update to that bug report: https://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/issues/20769

I noticed these "duplicates" often have slightly different longitudes so they are placed not in *exactly* the same spot.  This may cause you some problems with trying to cull the list by looking for exact match duplications.

On 1/29/2019 at 3:01 PM, Steven Mading said:

You might be interested in my most recent update to that bug report: https://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/issues/20769

I noticed these "duplicates" often have slightly different longitudes so they are placed not in *exactly* the same spot.  This may cause you some problems with trying to cull the list by looking for exact match duplications.

It did, but I just gave it a bit of a tolerance and it looks good.  Should have a new release out in the next couple of days.

7 hours ago, nightingale said:

It did, but I just gave it a bit of a tolerance and it looks good.  Should have a new release out in the next couple of days.

The problem I ran into was the fact that technically the name match isn't enough to "prove" it's one of the duplicates (you are allowed to give two waypoints the same name) and a fuzzy location match with tolerance can disallow waypoints that are genuinely close by and are truly two different waypoints.

I might be interested in seeing what criteria you used to make the decision.  I'm going to have to do the same thing in kOS.

7 hours ago, Steven Mading said:

The problem I ran into was the fact that technically the name match isn't enough to "prove" it's one of the duplicates (you are allowed to give two waypoints the same name) and a fuzzy location match with tolerance can disallow waypoints that are genuinely close by and are truly two different waypoints.

I might be interested in seeing what criteria you used to make the decision.  I'm going to have to do the same thing in kOS.

See the details in my commit.  The difference is coming from rounding errors in KSP calculating the position.  A tolerance of 0.01 mm was enough to get a consistent match - so I doubt it's going to remove any legitimate close/similar waypoints.

31 minutes ago, nightingale said:

See the details in my commit.  The difference is coming from rounding errors in KSP calculating the position.  A tolerance of 0.01 mm was enough to get a consistent match - so I doubt it's going to remove any legitimate close/similar waypoints.

The problem I was talking about involved the runway waypoint duplicates appearing much further apart than that.  Take a look at the screenshot in the Squad issue I linked to above in my previous post.  (I tried to post the screenshot here but the annoying forum editor keeps telling me I can't.)

These duplicates of the runway waypoint are spread out over about 2 kilometers of runway length.  They're much farther apart than 0.01 mm.

Edited by Steven Mading
(Tried uploading screenshot - the What You See Is All You Get, Sorry, Too Bad editor wouldn't let me, so instead I described it in words.)

22 minutes ago, Steven Mading said:

The problem I was talking about involved the runway waypoint duplicates appearing much further apart than that.  Take a look at the screenshot in the Squad issue I linked to above in my previous post.  (I tried to post the screenshot here but the annoying forum editor keeps telling me I can't.)

These duplicates of the runway waypoint are spread out over about 2 kilometers of runway length.  They're much farther apart than 0.01 mm.

Wow, okay...  that is a lot more than what I saw in my (limited) testing.  I may have to give this one a bit more thought.

2 hours ago, nightingale said:

Wow, okay...  that is a lot more than what I saw in my (limited) testing.  I may have to give this one a bit more thought.

To recreate it, I think you have to be doing scene switches (which generate the extra waypoints), while nowhere near Kerbin.  When I had it happen, I was landing a vessel on Ike, and using Map View to swap between various vessels in the Duna/Ike system.  Then when I returned to Kerbin that's when I saw the extra runway waypoints  being really far apart from each other like in the screenshot.  Maybe it requires some big position vectors for it to show up with that much error.  *shrug*

3 hours ago, Steven Mading said:

To recreate it, I think you have to be doing scene switches (which generate the extra waypoints), while nowhere near Kerbin.  When I had it happen, I was landing a vessel on Ike, and using Map View to swap between various vessels in the Duna/Ike system.  Then when I returned to Kerbin that's when I saw the extra runway waypoints  being really far apart from each other like in the screenshot.  Maybe it requires some big position vectors for it to show up with that much error.  *shrug*

Oh yeah, I just checked - it figures out lat/lon based on world position, which is centered on the player (Krakensbane stuff).  Out at Ike you're more or less on the same plane, which is why it's only affecting the longitude.

I think I'll just bring the tolerance way up to one km or so, and only do the check if the waypoint name matches something in the list of site names.  That plus the existing no contract check should hopefully limit it enough.

New release, get it here!

Waypoint Manager 2.7.5

• Recompile for KSP 1.6.1
  • Group auto-generated site waypoints separately from custom waypoints.
  • Make waypoint data visible in IVA (thanks @taniwha).
  • Workaround stock bug that causes the launch site waypoints to be added in duplicate on each scene change (thanks @catonthekbd & @Steven Mading).

Hi,

Thank you very much for 2.7.5 update, but unfortunately I get exception everytime scene change.

I've open a GitHub issue #57. For now I'm using unmodded KSP 1.6.1 (except MM 4.0.1 and Making History DLC 1.6.1), by this way I'll can test again later if necessary, so don't hesitate to contact me here or on GitHub! ;)

Regards,

Dominique.

• 3 weeks later...

Quick Question, I'm using the GPP planet pack and was wondering if there is any way to remove the default waypoints for KSC, the Island Airfield, and the Woomerang Launch site? Since I'm on a different planet the only one of those waypoints that is correct is the KSC.

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm new to this mod; really like it so far.

When I first started using it, I got a target marker where my landing point was projected to be.  I don't know what I did, but it's gone now.  I don't see a setting for it and would love to know how to get it back.

Also, I don't see a UI-scaling setting anywhere.  It's a bit of a pain for those blessed with 4k.

19 hours ago, NermNermNerm said:

When I first started using it, I got a target marker where my landing point was projected to be

AFAIK Waypoint Manager will place a marker where you WANT to go (The target you want to go to.) NOT where your projected landing will be.

Off Hand I can think of 2 other mods that will show Impact/Landing Projections (where you are going to hit the ground on your current flight path)

Kerbal Engineer's Landing window has an (optional?) marker for Impact/Landing location. 

Trajectories mod will display a marker for Impact/Landing location in Map view on bodies with an atmosphere.

I suspect Mech-Jeb (which I never used) may also have a impact/landing location maker in one of its display screens.

I suspect you might have confused a feature of another mod with Waypoint Manager.

Just upgraded KSP and mods from 1.5.1 to 1.6.1, and and I noticed that I get an exception from WaypointManager when I enter the VAB:

[EXC 22:56:01.106] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	WaypointManager.WaypointManager+<RemoveDuplicateWaypoints>d__30.MoveNext ()
	UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress)

(In case it matters, I've just loaded a save that was created in 1.5.1, and haven't actually done anything in 1.6 yet.)

Doesn't seem to hurt anything, though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On ‎2‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 2:57 PM, CoriW said:

Quick Question, I'm using the GPP planet pack and was wondering if there is any way to remove the default waypoints for KSC, the Island Airfield, and the Woomerang Launch site? Since I'm on a different planet the only one of those waypoints that is correct is the KSC.

Thanks.

I was also curious if anyone knew of a way to disable, or at least rename the stock waypoints for the KSC, desert, island, and woomerang. I've always enjoyed making custom waypoints with custom names for my various games {roleplay reasons} and with the immutable, all ways visible stock waypoints, it complicates things for me greatly.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, many thanks for making this mod, it's very useful!

I have a question. For some reason, I can only save 45 custom waypoints. When exporting them for backup, it says 45 points were exported, but next time I load the game the new points are not there and importing does nothing. Any hints what could be the problem?

Thanks!

PS I'm using the latest version of KSP and Waypoint Manager (from CKAN).

• 1 month later...

A heads-up. While checking my output log due to a Basic dV Nullref I saw that there was also a Nullref in there from Waypoint Manager.

Log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/pqksfjoqgoh1yez/Basic-dV_output_log.zip?dl=0

KSP 1.7.0, quite modded, but not ridiculously so.

===============================

Edit: @nightingale I tested again on a clean 1.7.1.02539 +MH +BG install, no mods other than Waypoint Manager, fresh Sandbox. It appears that the 'removeduplicate' fix you wrote is having a bit of trouble here and there. I got three nullrefs after entering the VAB, and got another one after quitting to the main menu.

Outputlog: https://www.dropbox.com/s/011fwfryui0fc5o/output_logWaypointManager.zip?dl=0

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at WaypointManager.WaypointManager+<RemoveDuplicateWaypoints>d__30.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename:  Line: -1)
  at WaypointManager.WaypointManager+<RemoveDuplicateWaypoints>d__30.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Edited by Jognt

• 4 weeks later...

When playing with RSS Waypointmanager spams the log with "Couldn't find celestial body with name 'Kerbin'."
KSP 1.6.1
MM 4.0.2
Waypoint Manager 2.7.5
RSS 16.2

There's something written (that I don't fully understand) about it here:

• 1 month later...

Hi Nightingale,

the waypoint manager is one of the most useful tool of KSP. Actually I wonder why they are not dealing with you to add it directly into the game. I am wondering. Anyone tested it with 1.7.3 yet? Raise your hand if you did guys :)

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Frag2000 said:

Hi Nightingale,

the waypoint manager is one of the most useful tool of KSP. Actually I wonder why they are not dealing with you to add it directly into the game. I am wondering. Anyone tested it with 1.7.3 yet? Raise your hand if you did guys :)

Thanks!

I didn't test it in 1.7.3.

But I've been using it.

2 hours ago, Frag2000 said:

Hi Nightingale,

Thanks!

There are some minor outstanding bugs, but they dont impact the mod’s function so its still functional.