[1.8.x+] Waypoint Manager [v2.8.1] [2019-10-22]

nightingale

2 hours ago, smjjames said:

After removing the CapCom mod, I haven't had any of those duplication issues, the icons are still magenta though. So, looks like some sort of interaction problem between this and CapCom.

I think I might've re-borked it when I fixed the saving of state.  I'll take another look at this shortly.

1 hour ago, smjjames said:

Any idea what's up with the icons turning magenta though? That's a separate issue from the duplicate waypoints.

No idea - I assume the icons for that contract were a different color before?  It should all be based off the random seed of the contract, but that's all stock KSP stuff...

13 hours ago, nightingale said:

No idea - I assume the icons for that contract were a different color before?  It should all be based off the random seed of the contract, but that's all stock KSP stuff...

They're normally different colors. Sometimes there will be a bunch that use the same color, but they don't typically get stuck on one color repeatedly.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks to  @Miles Teg who has provided some custom waypoint files!  To use them, copy the to GameData/WaypointManager/CustomWaypoints.cfg (I'll have to add a proper file dialog in a future version) and hit the "Import Custom Waypoints" button.  Included are files for the various KSC biomes and for marking off the runway and helipads.

I've also added this info to the OP.

So, I'm a bit confused. I recently loaded back up my save and updated all mods on CKAN since last playing in December. Now, Waypoint Manager is no longer showing any waypoints for my contracts with the Anomaly Surveyor pack, and I have the two monoliths on the mun contract active, as well as a few others. Anyone else have this problem? I'm wondering if it's with Waypoint Manager or with the Contract Pack...

13 minutes ago, severedsolo said:

Navball markers seem a little large? (Navball seems a little large full stop in 1.1 but the marker seems excessively big)

<snip>

Navball markers are stock functionality. :)

All my custom waypoint markers today have changed to Nyan cat. funny.

Is there a way to disable this, or am I stuck with it all day, april fools?

Edited by vardicd

53 minutes ago, vardicd said:

All my custom waypoint markers today have changed to Nyan cat. funny.

Is there a way to disable this, or am I stuck with it all day, april fools?

Actually, not just the custom waypoint markers, but ALL OF THEM. :)

Just delete WaypointManager/icons/Special/nyan.dds (or was it .png?) and it should revert back to normal.

I'm sure the explanation will make me feel foolish but I have been trying for awhile now to download the custom waypoints linked above.  All I am ever able to see is what looks like a text file of programming.  If someone would please take pity on me and tell me what I'm missing?  Thank you kindly.

2 hours ago, Bored971 said:

I'm sure the explanation will make me feel foolish but I have been trying for awhile now to download the custom waypoints linked above.  All I am ever able to see is what looks like a text file of programming.  If someone would please take pity on me and tell me what I'm missing?  Thank you kindly.

From the OP:

@Miles Teg has provided some custom waypoint files!  To use them, copy the to GameData/WaypointManager/CustomWaypoints.cfg (I'll have to add a proper file dialog in a future version) and hit the "Import Custom Waypoints" button.  Included are files for the various KSC biomes and for marking off the runway and helipads.

Does that help?  You need to download the text file, copy it to the directory above (and possibly rename it).  It's a bit clunky at the moment...  if/when I get a chance I'll make it a little bit smarter, but it's a surprisingly big thing to code up for minimal gain.

14 hours ago, nightingale said:

From the OP:

Does that help?  You need to download the text file, copy it to the directory above (and possibly rename it).  It's a bit clunky at the moment...  if/when I get a chance I'll make it a little bit smarter, but it's a surprisingly big thing to code up for minimal gain.

I wish I could offer more than my thanks.  That's the link I followed before but I couldn't find a link to DL it as a file, only to view it as a text format on the screen.  I cut n pasted the text into the CustomWaypoint file and now, when I click the "import waypoints" button in game, it says it's importing 41 waypoints but none show up in the actual window in game.

GkFfMTm.png

Edit:  I fixed it.  It was a problem with the way I had pasted in the info to the CustomWaypoints.cfg file.  In case anyone else has this problem I'll briefly cover what I did to finally make this work right.  On the link provided I went to "Raw" so that the files to be downloaded were shown as formatted text.  I then manually cut and pasted that into the CustomWaypoints.cfg file.  I had done this previously by downloading the two files and then cutting and pasting their contents into the CustomWaypoints.cf file but doing it this way kept none of the text formatting and made a mess of it.  Hope that helps someone out there and thanks for your work nightingale!  Awesome mod!

Edited by Bored971
Fixed it

• 2 weeks later...

Hey,

Quick question, do you know if there is any way to disable/hide the stock nav markers?

When using Kerbin side, the stock nav marker covers the actual runway on approach (eek), made me misjudge my approach speed and ran out of runway. :P

Use your mod daily!

1 hour ago, MasseFlieger said:

Hey,

Quick question, do you know if there is any way to disable/hide the stock nav markers?

When using Kerbin side, the stock nav marker covers the actual runway on approach (eek), made me misjudge my approach speed and ran out of runway. :P

Use your mod daily!

Not sure what nav markers you mean?  Could you post a screenshot?

2 hours ago, nightingale said:

Not sure what nav markers you mean?  Could you post a screenshot?

I mean the stock waypoint markers that are rendered on the surface or point when we accept a contract. I can hide the waypoint manager's markers, but not the stock. Not sure if that ability is present or not.

Wiki link: http://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/Navigation_marks 

Ill see about a screenshot in a few.

Edited by MasseFlieger
Added wiki link

On 23/12/2014 at 2:03 PM, nightingale said:

@Miles Teg has provided some custom waypoint files!  To use them, copy the to GameData/WaypointManager/CustomWaypoints.cfg (I'll have to add a proper file dialog in a future version) and hit the "Import Custom Waypoints" button.  Included are files for the various KSC biomes and for marking off the runway and helipads.

There's no functionality for hiding waypoints (although you can press F2 to hide the whole UI).

So ever since I installed this mod, when I get to a waypoint for a contract then it creates a new waypoint for the contract. This goes on indefinitely (or at least for 6 waypoints, I didn't bother to go to the next) and there's no way to complete the contract. Is this a known bug or intended feature or what?

30 minutes ago, Iamsodarncool said:

So ever since I installed this mod, when I get to a waypoint for a contract then it creates a new waypoint for the contract. This goes on indefinitely (or at least for 6 waypoints, I didn't bother to go to the next) and there's no way to complete the contract. Is this a known bug or intended feature or what?

Could be an old bug (I think it was @smjjames that reported something similar a while back, which was fixed, then broken, then fixed again).  It could also be something brand new due to the somewhat limited testing I've done in 1.1.  A log would help here as it what you're describing is definitely not intended behaviour.

Just now, nightingale said:

Could be an old bug (I think it was @smjjames that reported something similar a while back, which was fixed, then broken, then fixed again).  It could also be something brand new due to the somewhat limited testing I've done in 1.1.  A log would help here as it what you're describing is definitely not intended behaviour.

I can get you that tomorrow, as well as the save if that would help. It was a contract that existed prior to installing the mod if that matters.

5 minutes ago, Iamsodarncool said:

I can get you that tomorrow, as well as the save if that would help. It was a contract that existed prior to installing the mod if that matters.

Shouldn't matter - but it would be useful to know if this is reproducible on a new contract (or even an entirely new save).

3 hours ago, Iamsodarncool said:

There is one contract type (probably, from Field Science or Bases and Stations), which wants you to "do observations" in a waypoint, then adds another one and so on (a total of around 5 points). Is it this?

7 hours ago, garwel said:

There is one contract type (probably, from Field Science or Bases and Stations), which wants you to "do observations" in a waypoint, then adds another one and so on (a total of around 5 points). Is it this?

Reading the contract description more closely, it looks like this was an intended feature. My mistake :) sorry @nightingale!