If Bungie had thought up Kerbals, they might have looked like this.

Dispatcher

Motokid600 & steve_v: I understand and agree with you. Though I don't console-game and thus I don't play Destiny, I've seen some gameplay videos and I'm "underwhelmed" by everything about it; especially as far as "story" is concerned. I mean, nowadays any serious game company can output a decent looking and sounding game; so many of them have that and fail to distinguish themselves from the pack, IMHO. Interestingly, Bungie actually escaped the clutches (mostly) of M$ and I hope some good will come of that. As a side effect of Activision's ongoing court battle with former Infinity Ward heads ... details of the company's deal with Bungie have been made public in documents posted by the LA Times. ... The contract also gives Bungie the freedom to put five percent of its staff to work on a prototype for a new game referred to as "Marathon" ...

Until they come out with that new Marathon, everyone who uses a modern OS who wants to play the old Trilogy, may play the games. I hope we'll see something outstanding in the new game.

Motokid600 & steve_v: I understand and agree with you. Though I don't console-game and thus I don't play Destiny, I've seen some gameplay videos and I'm "underwhelmed" by everything about it; especially as far as "story" is concerned. I mean, nowadays any serious game company can output a decent looking and sounding game; so many of them have that and fail to distinguish themselves from the pack, IMHO. Interestingly, Bungie actually escaped the clutches (mostly) of M$ and I hope some good will come of that. As a side effect of Activision's ongoing court battle with former Infinity Ward heads ... details of the company's deal with Bungie have been made public in documents posted by the LA Times. ... The contract also gives Bungie the freedom to put five percent of its staff to work on a prototype for a new game referred to as "Marathon" ...

Until they come out with that new Marathon, everyone who uses a modern OS who wants to play the old Trilogy, may play the games. I hope we'll see something outstanding in the new game.

Don't get your hopes high, it is likely to be a boring AAA shooter with microtransactions. Am I the only one getting bored of nearly identical AAA shooters loved by middle school boys?

PenguinsMeep: I'm not holding my breath, for sure. If Bungie (and Jason Jones in particular) have any sense, they might realize that the Marathon crowd are very particular and will be a hard group to please. Making a Marathon which excels the original in terms of story, gameplay and that feeling of "awe" will be a major challenge; especially so since many of that same crowd still use Macs and will expect a new Marathon to be inclusive of their platform of choice upon initial release. Recall that Halo was first announced by Steve Jobs at MacWorld NY 1999, but due to the M$ stuff, it came last to the Mac as a port.

Some may find this interesting:

segaprophet: you reminded me of good fun indeed:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.