noob's question: how to copy paste?

i want to build a spaceplane with the new parts and i figured out that i have to build massive wings for it.

so i tried to copy and paste the patterns of the lift surfaces, but... well, i failed. how do i do it?

i want to build a spaceplane with the new parts and i figured out that i have to build massive wings for it.

so i tried to copy and paste the patterns of the lift surfaces, but... well, i failed. how do i do it?

Not exactly sure what you are asking, but I can try and help.

So if you are building a space plane, and you want to have the patterns of the control surfaces on both wings be the same, then you should press the "X" key to enable symmetry. If you want to actually copy & paste, then left clicking on the part while holding down the "mod" key will copy that part, and all the daughter parts attached it. Your computers "mod" key depends on what operating system you have. For example, if your operating system is Windows, then your mod key would be the "Alt" key.

~Z

Alternatively, if you want to copy the wings for later use, you have to use the sub assambly system.

Open the sub assambly map (in the parts), and select the part of the wings that's attatched to the main plane. Drag that to the box at the bottom of the sub assambly map. This will prompt you to give it a name.

You can now select this group of parts from there to use on any new craft

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.