[Question] How to make this aircraft?

Misterspork

I was watching this video by kurtjmac on Microsoft Flight:

And the aircraft interested me. I tried to recreate it, but it kept spinning out of control no matter what I tried, due to the off-center propeller.

Does anyone have an idea on how to recreate this aircraft in KSP?

Here is a picture of my design:

*Note: It may look like it is flying, but trust me, it was just the propeller wasn\'t providing thrust. I connected it directly to the fuselage to get fuel to it and it started the spin problem.

screenshot11-1.png

Have you tried connecting a fuel line between the fuel tank and the engine nascelle?

Well, I tried that with the original design(In the picture) and it flies beautifully, but I figured out what the spinning problem was, I think. It\'s not because of the off center propeller, because I can fly with it running, but it only happens when I decouple the SRB\'s that get the thing in the air, and after I stabilize it it goes away, never to be seen again. Weird.

Here is pictures of the flight:

screenshot17-1.png

screenshot19.png

The only other problem is, the propeller seemingly provides no thrust, even though I know it is running. It feels like it is just a glider. I don\'t get it S:|.

The only other problem is, the propeller seemingly provides no thrust, even though I know it is running. It feels like it is just a glider. I don\'t get it S:|.

That happens when the thrust is being blocked by parts of crafts; open your debug console, and see if it\'s being spammed with \'X is damaged by Y engine exhaust\' messages.

That happens when the thrust is being blocked by parts of crafts; open your debug console, and see if it\'s being spammed with \'X is damaged by Y engine exhaust\' messages.

It was being blocked, I checked it. It was the tail. I raised the propeller using the shock absorber gear, and it flies fine. Only one problem left to fix, and that is it still tends to spin out of control, but this time it\'s nearly impossible to get out of it.

EDIT: Fixed the problem, mostly. The only thing you really need to watch out for now is:

Not good at climbing(I don\'t think can be fixed)

Don\'t jerk the nose down really fast, or you\'re dead

You have to roll the plane to get out of any spins it gets into, though only works really well at high altitude with engine off.

Looks interesting, but since lift is not simulated on a zero degree angle, the plane will keep on wanting to frontflip in mid air without massive elevators.

Are you sure? This flies just fine without control input or SAS;

Eb3s5.png

Although it does act like that when it\'s upside down (which it is to start with), so I\'m not too sure what\'s going on there...