'Design an engine' mod

MatterBeam

Hi!

I'm looking for a mod that allows me to add an engine to the game with characteristics I choose myself.

What I'm trying to do is implement technologies such as Nuclear Salt Water rockets, Inertial containment fusion reactors, Fission Fragment drives or even antimatter rockets.

I don't need special visual models...

Is there anything like this out there?

Or,

Can it be done by tweaking the game files?

You can do that by just tweaking the cfg file of an engine.

Look into your Gamedata directory, find an engine you like to mod, copy'n'paste its cfg and mod it with an test editor. What all that stuff in the file means is described here: http://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/CFG_File_Documentation

Oh thank you!

What is the test editor though?

What I'm trying to do is implement technologies such as Nuclear Salt Water rockets, Inertial containment fusion reactors, Fission Fragment drives or even antimatter rockets.

Sounds very similar to Interstellar mod.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/43839-0-25-KSP-Interstellar-%28Magnetic-Nozzles-ISRU-Revamp%29-Version-0-13

Yes! However, that mod is much too complicated and time intensive, and I loathe using the editor to skip the resource-collecting (ISRU) part of the mod.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.