[1.0.5] Atomic Age - Nuclear Propulsion - Red Hot Radiators

Porkjet

5 hours ago, Mikki said:

Same here, everyday i look into this thread and... me wonders if mister porkjet is aware that many people love the lightbulb for its infamous isp... ahem...:rolleyes: and its gigantic weight... huh... :0.0:
Could it become... stock... somehow? :wink:
It is simply "THE ENGINE" of choice for massive endgame fun...

Well, the Devnote Tuesday for this week mentions that Porkjet is working on some "new rocket parts" for 1.2, so fingers crossed?

On ‎22‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 5:21 PM, RocketSquid said:

Plugins as in application extensions, as in .dll files. Those are all kaput unless they're updated. This is just parts, so it should be good.

Yes that's right unless those parts are landing legs or wheels in which case they apparently explode on impact. Fortunately this mod has none of those.

5 hours ago, Wardstone111 said:

Yes that's right unless those parts are landing legs or wheels in which case they apparently explode on impact. Fortunately this mod has none of those.

Well, they do that regardless of updatedness. That's a unity thing. However, wheel modules might do weird things.

Edited by RocketSquid

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/31/2016 at 11:35 AM, Mikki said:

Same here, everyday i look into this thread and... me wonders if mister porkjet is aware that many people love the lightbulb for its infamous isp... ahem...:rolleyes: and its gigantic weight... huh... :0.0:
Could it become... stock... somehow? :wink:
It is simply "THE ENGINE" of choice for massive endgame fun...

I can't say I would mind the lightbulb becoming stock, but SQUAD has shown a preference for ensuring each engine has it's niche, even in the end-game, so any engine that is likely to obsolete so many other engines seems unlikely to become stock( at least not as-is).

But that is fine by me, as I'll happily install the mod.

Of course if you combine it with Tweakscale, then you have a whole range of engines with awesome ISP...

Edited by Terwin

• 3 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Thobewill10 said:

What did you tweak in the config to make the yaw control work?

Well it is not a total engine gimbal solution, but it makes yaw function again, which is to simply not use the engine gimbal.

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, Warezcrawler said:

What is wrong with it? I'm running it in 1.1.3 with no issues....

its playable, the only thing that seems to be broken is the jet engine it works fine though it just looks wired

heyas! was wondering, if there a chance of this being added (back?) into Ckan's modlist? been feeling like playing again recently (was playing on a DMP last year, friend set up a modpack via .ckan file), and belatedly realsied Atomic age wasnt being listed...

*edit* ooooh right. version incompatibility >.< err, in case i continue being dense, whats the command line ect option to let me force it to install? (since apparently the mod still works in the current version)

*edit the second* got some help via the Ckan IRC chat, to force install use the following command via command prompt (on windows at least) after using CD <KSP folder> to navigate to your installation directory:  ckan install AtomicAge=3.2

Edited by GantradiesDracos

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/4/2016 at 5:45 AM, GantradiesDracos said:

heyas! was wondering, if there a chance of this being added (back?) into Ckan's modlist? been feeling like playing again recently (was playing on a DMP last year, friend set up a modpack via .ckan file), and belatedly realsied Atomic age wasnt being listed...

*edit* ooooh right. version incompatibility >.< err, in case i continue being dense, whats the command line ect option to let me force it to install? (since apparently the mod still works in the current version)

*edit the second* got some help via the Ckan IRC chat, to force install use the following command via command prompt (on windows at least) after using CD <KSP folder> to navigate to your installation directory:  ckan install AtomicAge=3.2

We've now marked it with 1.1.3 compatibility in CKAN :)

• 2 weeks later...

Works with 1.1.3, but with two issues I've noticed (as did others now that I read the comments),

1) the exhaust port's texture of the jet engine is...weird, but not that disturbing,

2) Lightbulb gimbal, it has no yaw control. If anyone could use a wee bit of computer magic and make it work for those who'd use this magnificent engine, it would be appreciated! Yes, I'm talking about me primarily. :)

• 1 month later...

Works for me so far in 1.2, but have not extensively tested it.

Community Tech Tree does throw an error on load but the parts do show as I remember in the tree and they work in my tests, but I admit i have not extensively tested them.

CTT is in the bundle and I think it is needed to show right but it is NOT updated to 1.2 as far as I know, so that is probably why it throws that error, and I of course replaced the Module Manager with the one for 1.2.

I did not test without those installed, but the short of it is the parts seem to work but I am not completely sure as I have not tested in a career play through

Wow, I explain to much :confused:

Edited by Mad_Mads
Clarification, felt it was needed

On 10/13/2016 at 4:23 AM, Mad_Mads said:

Works for me so far in 1.2, but have not extensively tested it.

Community Tech Tree does throw an error on load but the parts do show as I remember in the tree and they work in my tests, but I admit i have not extensively tested them.

CTT is in the bundle and I think it is needed to show right but it is NOT updated to 1.2 as far as I know, so that is probably why it throws that error, and I of course replaced the Module Manager with the one for 1.2.

I did not test without those installed, but the short of it is the parts seem to work but I am not completely sure as I have not tested in a career play through

Wow, I explain to much :confused:

So essentially it works in 1.2? I don't use CTT btw.

5 hours ago, Nicholander said:

So essentially it works in 1.2? I don't use CTT btw.

I have been using it in 1.2 since without CTT, and so far it is working without issue, so I would have to say yes it works.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here are some patches for AtomicAge. It adds in missing things such as tags and bulkheads, and balances things like thermal values and costs vis-a-vis stock. To be fair, you can play with the mod as is, just fine... for the most part.

There are two optional patches, disabled by default, that removes GimbalResponseSpeed and another that converts ModuleAnimateHeat over to FXModuleAnimateThrottle. Use if you're having issues with either.

I tested everything, got everything nice and glowing. Works fine.

Repo is shared with patches updating Porkjet's HabitatPack as well; you can delete that folder if you don't use that mod.

Requires Module Manager, and the base mod. Extract somewhere into GameData.

As always, feedback is welcomed.

Enjoy.

Direct download of v0.1 here

Repo here

Edited by Deimos Rast