The overdone F-22 Raptor

Styles2304

I've seen a few other F-22s . . . thought I would throw my hat in the ring and get some input. I couldn't come up with a good solution for a concealable weapons bay that was stock so you just decouple the panel when you're ready to go weapons hot. It has your standard amazing maneuverability . . . but if anyone wants a video, let me know and I'll see what I can come up with.

Lastly, it's labeled stock but the pictures show it with weapons from BD Armory. I've included links to the stock weaponless version as well as the one that requires BD.

** Update **

Modified the wings a bit. Still not 100% but I think it's good for now.

rwKUlKY.jpg

wEZIdqo.jpg

Javascript is disabled. View full album

_F22_Raptor_v1.2.craft"][stock] F22 v1.2

_F22_Raptor_v1.2.craft"][bD] F22 v1.2

Edited by Styles2304
Updated craft files.

Not too bad of a job building the f-22. I built one of these back in version 0.18 with a whole airport load of replica aircraft which were call atmos and were a succeesfull until the unfortunate forum reset back in october (2012) which lost my thread and never recovered. If you want some inspiration "I guess" take a look at atmos military aircraft replicas.

Edited by Grand Lander

Quite clean for a stock replica. Out of curiosity, is it realistic-sized?

Also, one slight thing, I'm pretty sure that the real one had vertical stabilizers that aren't straight up at the front. Not sure if SP+ parts can easily fix that, but it might be worth trying.

@Jeb Cubed - The load out is accurate for air to air (6 AMRAAMs and 2 Sidewinders) but I couldn't work in the side missile bays for the sidewinders.

@Pds314 - It's as realistically sized as I could make it. I based everything off of the cockpit but it's all by eye . . . no real measurements involved. Also, you're right about the stabilizers. They are raked a little bit. I also redid the wings a big. I'll post a V2 soon.

Edited by Styles2304

No, unfortunately it's a one time deal. There's a radial decoupler holding on the bottom panel. Once you activate it, you jettison the bottom panel and your weapons bay is open. If there's ever stock hinge support added, I'll update it.

Edited by Styles2304

• 1 month later...
I think Mareczex333(a.k.a the replica god) created his own stock cargo bays for his space shuttle using stock hinges(landing legs+fuel lines). Maybe you could learn something from him and make the F-22 complete

I'll look into . . . some sort of stock hinge is definitely lacking in a lot of my crafts. From what I remember though, they're pretty bulky. Worth a shot though right?

This is a gorgeous design, but my spite for this plane doesn't allow me to like it. Ever.

Still, really good job. It's a very good replica.

Well thank you nonetheless!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.