[1.0.2] B9 Aerospace | Procedural Parts 0.40 | Updated 09.06.15

bac9

Placing vertical stabilizers on the end of wing seems to mess up the CoL indicator. It seems to be just a cosmetic problem- I don't seem to have a crazy yaw/roll

http://i.imgur.com/VwkBXk4.jpg?1

Grab the wing from oposite side that you attached on hull first time and attach it to hull again. It is small issue I got from time to time with various wings, not only B9 procedural wings.

So I doubt that is related to B9 PW, source for that issue is elwhere.

Can I be so bold as to request a fine control feature, maybe akin to Procedural Parts?

Javascript is disabled. View full album

I'm building a ~1:1 replica of, as jonrd463 correctly guessed, a Starfighter (NF-104A) and while your addon has been of great help, I feel the current minimum size and increments to be too rough for finer engineering. :)

Edited by MAKC

Can I be so bold as to request a fine control feature, maybe akin to Procedural Parts?

http://imgur.com/a/da20u

I'm building a ~1:1 replica of :)

correct guess gets a rep.

and while your addon has been of great help, I feel the current minimum size and increments to be too rough for finer engineering.

I have absolutely no idea what this widowmaker is :P

Yes the current minimum values are a bit to coarse for smallish aircraft/ surfaces.

But its hard to satisfy both range and precision, unless we have two different wing part.

-------------------------------------------------------

To Bac9,

FAR don't seem to analyse flaps properly, I believe it's more of the FAR side of the problem?

Thanks.

Version 0.33

r5ws7xH.pngAXkQOlc.png

• Modular Fuel Tanks mod is now supported
  • Fixed fuel saving in the flight scene, tanks no longer reset themselves to full capacity on quicksave or tracking station loading.
  • Added step buttons to the left and right of the tweakable sliders, allowing you to move through the values more quickly
  • Some minor fixes and UI style improvements

Yeahhhh, this keeps happening to me. It seems to happen on any of the 3 parts, and when it does happen, it sticks with that part. It doesn't matter if I delete it and try again, it still squashes the menu like this. Any quick fixes?

5tk7Rnu.png

Edit: found my quick fix... I have to press J on the other side when using symmetry :/

Yeahhhh, this keeps happening to me. It seems to happen on any of the 3 parts, and when it does happen, it sticks with that part. It doesn't matter if I delete it and try again, it still squashes the menu like this. Any quick fixes?

http://i.imgur.com/5tk7Rnu.png

Edit: found my quick fix... I have to press J on the other side when using symmetry :/

Same thing happened to me, which made me revert.

There is no way to do that at the moment.

Why can't you just use multiple wings in a sequence, anyway? I think using a 30m long part is quite a bit of a cop out in terms of working with flex and other factors.

Well, it'd be hard to get that to look right.

But more than that, more parts = more lag, especially with FAR.

I was using the pwings mod, but thought these looked better and could reduce my part count further. Using these, I'll have to double or triple my amount of wing parts.

As far as "flex cop out", well there is nothing preventing someone from putting thin 30m long reverse-swept wing on a 20m long aircraft, which should have extreme flexing but happens to be the most efficient thing to do in FAR. But I can't put 45m long wings on my 70m long space plane.

There's nothing really ridiculous about what I'm trying to do, except the size, which fits in the hanger. http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/541887966941065545/A2BE644594B88524B4E4C2EF3334BCAA2BCD46B6/

I mean really, FAR should be calculating how much something should be flexing, even if it's not visible, and how that'd effect aerodynamics, if that's the issue. I'd like to see the pencils with massive skinny reverse swept wings gone, too.

So the only way would be to recompile the source with those changes? I'm not sure I can do that.

Edited by innociv

Well what sort of wing design are you going for then? Even if your main wings have control surfaces on both edges, you've still only added 12 parts, and I'm having trouble seeing how you'd want anything but the main wings to be >16m.

Are you using stock, RealFuels, or MFT?

- - - Updated - - -

Ah, found the issue, will update it soon.

Stock fuels, and the update I still get the error, it happens when I attempt to add your procedural control surface on the B9 procedural wing.

But more than that, more parts = more lag, especially with FAR.

I was using the pwings mod, but thought these looked better and could reduce my part count further. Using these, I'll have to double or triple my amount of wing parts.

From what I've seen part count can only noticeably influence performance when the difference is in the hundreds or many dozens of parts, and even the sizes you're talking about are unlikely to have more then 10 or 20 parts more with those limits.

As far as "flex cop out", well there is nothing preventing someone from putting thin 30m long reverse-swept wing

That's not possible, at the moment 16m offset is the biggest one available. As about extemely swept wings in general, is that an argument about allowing one wrong thing because another thing is also wrong? I'd prefer neither to be possible.

I mean really, FAR should be calculating how much something should be flexing, even if it's not visible, and how that'd effect aerodynamics, if that's the issue.

Unfortunately that's impossible to do in a performant and general way.

I'd like to see the pencils with massive skinny reverse swept wings gone, too.

I'd like to see them gone too and I'm working on a way to limit offset parameters depending on wing semispan, to make things like 10m offset on 0.25m wings impossible.

Another consideration I have to deal with is limited slider precision. I can't stretch them to an arbitrary range without ruining tweaking precision and making lots of values impossible to select. I have some ideas about zoomable range, but those are some time off.

- - - Updated - - -

Stock fuels, and the update I still get the error, it happens when I attempt to add your procedural control surface on the B9 procedural wing.

For n-th time, please always post a log, I don't have anything to work from. Another person posted one, and I have fixed the reason he had his issue. Your issue can't be connected to his, since it was related to fuel GUI and control surfaces don't have a fuel GUI.

Edited by bac9

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.