[1.0.2] B9 Aerospace | Procedural Parts 0.40 | Updated 09.06.15

bac9

I found something interesting about that problem. When I launch KSP by normal launcher, or OpenGL launcher(-force-opengl) it demage the wings, and wheels, and most of functions of the mods(I found problem with adjustable landing gears too, all wheels are wrong roatetd, etc.). But when I launch KSP via CKAN, it works fine, wings are normal, other mods are normal and so on. When I launched it normally I see it haven't any mods icon too. Like all the mods aren't there. Icons of mods(like config of wings, intake aid, robotic parts, etc at left down corner) were missing. The only way now for me is launch it with CKAN....and I ll post here the log soon if u want....with edit....

Anyway thanks for help!
Toonu

EDIT1: And one big important problem I now find....when I try to printscreen it does nothing, then I wanted to close fullscreen to printscreen it with lightshot/prntsc and when I tried load setting, the game just freezed at loading screen(black + rolling planets at right down corner freezed)...I ll try to force setting in settings file in folder and printscreen it...

EDIT2: I ll for sure upload output log, it must be something strage causing this. :D

EDIT3: Changed fullscreen in settings.cfg and nothing changed......but the plane have thumb so I ll find it and post it.....

EDIT4: Ok, ok ok...it s really corrupted, thumb nowhere, only the old with normaly looking plane, but the bugged plane thumb nowhere........aaaarrgh Edited by Toonu

[quote name='Toonu']Hello I have a big problem, I installed the mod a lot of time ago, but now when I loaded career, load the hangar all planes with this wings have them in "basic" proportions, not shaped as before. The flaps were same. Whe n I tried to load one plane I had parked near KSC, it have the "basic" shape of wings too. It s very bad for me, because I used them a lot. Any suggestions or help?

EDIT: Next loading the game works perfectly, but still, I don t want reload game everytimes it do this weird thing.....[/QUOTE]
I have this too. I'll test it further and check if Open GL has anything to do with it.

Edit: Nope, it doesn't matter. Here is what happens after a vessel gets unloaded and reloaded. I spawned one plane and drove it back and then took another one, flew away and landed back.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/ncUMdNNl.png[/img]

[quote name='Toonu'] most of functions of the mods(I found problem with adjustable landing gears too, all wheels are wrong roatetd, etc.)[/QUOTE]

Same here. Edited by theend3r

[quote name='theend3r']I have this too. I'll test it further and check if Open GL has anything to do with it.

Edit: Nope, it doesn't matter. Here is what happens after a vessel gets unloaded and reloaded. I spawned one plane and drove it back and then took another one, flew away and landed back.

[URL]http://i.imgur.com/ncUMdNNl.png[/URL]

Same here.[/QUOTE]
Need a log if you want help. MM.cache too is great too. Also to add this should be fixed. What version are you using?

[quote name='Crzyrndm']I'm guessing not [URL="https://github.com/Crzyrndm/B9-PWings-Fork/releases/download/2.1/B9.PWings.Unofficial.zip"]this one[/URL].[/QUOTE]

That fixed it, sorry for this. (although the adjustable wheels still bug out)
I returned to KSP after 3 versions and DL'd about 20 mods I can't play without. There are bound to be a few more things I'll need to repair. :(

[quote name='DiamondBack973']Is this mod compatible with 1.0.5, does it require FAR for 1.0.5, or is it just plain incompatible with 1.0.5? I hope that one of the first 2 possibilities is true, because it's a total pain in the neck to make non-conventional wings and control surfaces without B9PW.[/QUOTE]
1 Yes
2 No
3 No

4 hours ago, 01010101lzy said:

Forked this, and started heavy modification on it.

GitHub branch here: https://github.com/01010101lzy/B9-PWings-Fork/

What about it are you modifying? A changelog would be nice to see how you're modifying the original mod.

I'm just curious if you're taking on adventurous things like allowing for more complex wing geometries. That would be a nice feature, but it would require extensive reworking of the code, I would imagine. I haven't looked at the source. I'd be happy to give you a hand with whatever modifications you're making, though.

16 hours ago, Spartan-S63 said:

What about it are you modifying? A changelog would be nice to see how you're modifying the original mod.

I'm just curious if you're taking on adventurous things like allowing for more complex wing geometries. That would be a nice feature, but it would require extensive reworking of the code, I would imagine. I haven't looked at the source. I'd be happy to give you a hand with whatever modifications you're making, though.

I have modified the wing properties' ranges to be infinite, and I'm now working to add a sweep angle defining mode.

My future plans include:

• Edge scales with thickness,
  • Better fine mode using right mouse button,
  • Include or exclude edge in angle/length calculations.

I'm glad there's someone who want to give me a hand, but for now I want to work on my own first.

--edit--

Dev logs are posted here(partially chinese): http://weibo.com/p/100808e4134fd4485c66f3fff414d6c728f793

Edited by 01010101lzy

8 hours ago, 01010101lzy said:

I have modified the wing properties' ranges to be infinite, and I'm now working to add a sweep angle defining mode.

My future plans include:

• Edge scales with thickness,
  • Better fine mode using right mouse button,
  • Include or exclude edge in angle/length calculations.

I'm glad there's someone who want to give me a hand, but for now I want to work on my own first.

--edit--

Dev logs are posted here(partially chinese): http://weibo.com/p/100808e4134fd4485c66f3fff414d6c728f793

Oh cool. Sounds good. Thanks for the info on what you're changing. I look forwards to playing your fork of the mod sometime soon.

19 minutes ago, blowfish said:

No.  FAR treats all wings as having the same thickness.

thanks

kinda sucks tho :s I was under the impression FAR was a realistic aerodynamics model, but I suppose such a thing is outside the scope of KSP. Maybe KSP II tho?

9 minutes ago, Nnimrod said:

thanks

kinda sucks tho :s I was under the impression FAR was a realistic aerodynamics model, but I suppose such a thing is outside the scope of KSP. Maybe KSP II tho?

FAR is pretty realistic, but there are some things that are very difficult to model/not worth the effort.  I believe that modeling wings comes down to assuming a particular aerofoil, and that's mostly incompatible with variable thickness.  Another example is the ground effect.

2 hours ago, Nnimrod said:

I was under the impression FAR was a realistic aerodynamics model, but I suppose such a thing is outside the scope of KSP.

When you consider that most wings are built from a multitude of rectangular boards, making a few behind the scenes adjustments isn't exactly unreasonable. Wing thickness helps a lot with area ruling and probably contributes to drag, but it is not accounted for by the wing module

11 hours ago, blowfish said:

FAR is pretty realistic, but there are some things that are very difficult to model/not worth the effort.  I believe that modeling wings comes down to assuming a particular aerofoil, and that's mostly incompatible with variable thickness.  Another example is the ground effect.

9 hours ago, Crzyrndm said:

When you consider that most wings are built from a multitude of rectangular boards, making a few behind the scenes adjustments isn't exactly unreasonable. Wing thickness helps a lot with area ruling and probably contributes to drag, but it is not accounted for by the wing module

I don't mean anything negative towards FAR, I am using it. 

14 hours ago, blowfish said:

No.  FAR treats all wings as having the same thickness.

It definitely doesn't. Maybe for computing lift but otherwise you can see the CoL moving when you adjust wing thickness with procedural wings, iirc.

13 hours ago, blowfish said:

Ahhhh....I was always trying to get my wings EXACT for my craft replica's of real spacecraft and aircraft. The camber l/d etc...lol this explains a lot why it never seemed to make a difference. I also didn't realize ground effect wasn't a factor but I suspected. Thanks for the info. I love FAR as well and will now not spend so much time on the wings. Can't wait for this mod to be updated..thanks for all the hard work.

2 hours ago, theend3r said:

It definitely doesn't. Maybe for computing lift but otherwise you can see the CoL moving when you adjust wing thickness with procedural wings, iirc.

Does the static analysis change, or just the CoL indicator?  Wing thickness will affect some things in FAR, but it shouldn't affect how the wing itself is modeled.

50 minutes ago, blowfish said:

Does the static analysis change, or just the CoL indicator?  Wing thickness will affect some things in FAR, but it shouldn't affect how the wing itself is modeled.

The differences are very minute but it does move all the curves from what I can see. It may just as well be only a result of the increased drag, though.

2 hours ago, theend3r said:

The differences are very minute but it does move all the curves from what I can see. It may just as well be only a result of the increased drag, though.

Thats your answer. No reason to be pedantic :P

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.