[1.0.2] B9 Aerospace | Procedural Parts 0.40 | Updated 09.06.15

bac9

3 hours ago, Horus said:

Do these wings work without FAR? So, how to eliminate tons of NRE then?

They work fine without FAR.  To know what's causing the NRE's you'll need to provide a lot (explained in the first link in my sig).

1 hour ago, Naten said:

Again, do the wings work in career mode? Can't seem to find an answer.

They should.  If they're not showing up it's a bug.

1 hour ago, VenomousRequiem said:

I seem to be having trouble uh... getting these to like change colours like in the screenshots and how everyone else has it? Am I just dumb?

Are you having trouble finding the controls to change color or are they not actually affecting anything?

27 minutes ago, VenomousRequiem said:

Honestly? I'm probably just not finding the controls.

In the editor window (press J while hovering over the wing I believe), it's in each "surface" section - you can ajust the hue, saturation, and brightness.  Image of all the expanded options below

Spoiler

mJFRx2C.jpg

3 hours ago, blowfish said:

In the editor window (press J while hovering over the wing I believe), it's in each "surface" section - you can ajust the hue, saturation, and brightness.  Image of all the expanded options below

Reveal hidden contents

mJFRx2C.jpg

I figured it out, and honestly feel a little silly now...

17 minutes ago, VenomousRequiem said:

I figured it out, and honestly feel a little silly now...

No worries, it happens to all of us.  There are quite a lot of options in this mod and it took me a while to figure out where they all were too.

2 hours ago, blowfish said:

No worries, it happens to all of us.  There are quite a lot of options in this mod and it took me a while to figure out where they all were too.

Yeah, what's the point of mounting machine guns to a plane if I can't fire them off of purple, ridiculously shaped wings.

Edited by VenomousRequiem

Hello!

I'm having problem installing forked wings. Maybe someone can help?

minilog below with problem:

[...]

[LOG 09:21:39.084] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at C:\BARTEK\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\B9 PWings Fork\dll\UnityEditor.dll
[ERR 09:21:39.137] Failed to load assembly C:\BARTEK\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\B9 PWings Fork\dll\UnityEditor.dll:
System.Security.SecurityException: Assembly C:\BARTEK\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\B9 PWings Fork\dll\UnityEditor.dll tried to use forbidden type System.Diagnostics.Process!
Allows launching of external processes.
  at AssemblyLoader.ScanForBadTypeRefs (System.String file) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at AssemblyLoader.LoadExternalAssembly (System.String file) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

[LOG 09:21:39.141] Load(Assembly): B9 PWings Fork/dll/UnityEditor.Graphs

[...]

ZqK80uA.jpg

Edited by bartof
added gamedata screenshot

6 hours ago, bartof said:

Hello!

I'm having problem installing forked wings. Maybe someone can help?

minilog below with problem:

[...]

[LOG 09:21:39.084] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at C:\BARTEK\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\B9 PWings Fork\dll\UnityEditor.dll
[ERR 09:21:39.137] Failed to load assembly C:\BARTEK\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\B9 PWings Fork\dll\UnityEditor.dll:
System.Security.SecurityException: Assembly C:\BARTEK\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\B9 PWings Fork\dll\UnityEditor.dll tried to use forbidden type System.Diagnostics.Process!
Allows launching of external processes.
  at AssemblyLoader.ScanForBadTypeRefs (System.String file) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at AssemblyLoader.LoadExternalAssembly (System.String file) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

[LOG 09:21:39.141] Load(Assembly): B9 PWings Fork/dll/UnityEditor.Graphs

[...]

ZqK80uA.jpg

You seem to have downloaded the wrong thing. Delete the "B9 PWings Fork" folder from your GameData - that is not what you need. You need the last release zip from the releases page on lzy's github (NOT the source code!) - unpack that into your KSP dir and you're good to go

44 minutes ago, boywithumbrella said:

You seem to have downloaded the wrong thing. Delete the "B9 PWings Fork" folder from your GameData - that is not what you need. You need the last release zip from the releases page on lzy's github (NOT the source code!) - unpack that into your KSP dir and you're good to go

Thank you kind sir. Not only you have helped me, You also tought me how to use that damn/lovely github for all future releases! THX AGAIN!

On 11/24/2015, 7:12:37, DiamondBack973 said:

Is this mod compatible with 1.0.5, does it require FAR for 1.0.5, or is it just plain incompatible with 1.0.5? I hope that one of the first 2 possibilities is true, because it's a total pain in the neck to make non-conventional wings and control surfaces without B9PW.

On 11/24/2015, 7:19:08, Svm420 said:

[quote name='DiamondBack973']Is this mod compatible with 1.0.5, does it require FAR for 1.0.5, or is it just plain incompatible with 1.0.5? I hope that one of the first 2 possibilities is true, because it's a total pain in the neck to make non-conventional wings and control surfaces without B9PW.
1 Yes
2 No
3 No

On 12/5/2015, 4:57:30, Naten said:

Again, do the wings work in career mode? Can't seem to find an answer.

Looking at Kerbalstuff would indicate that it does not work in 1.0.5. The forum heading has not been updated since 1.0.2. There does appear to be another source hidden else where that is not clearly linked here!

:confused:

Looks like no 1.0.5 update then. 

Don't look at Kerbalstuff. Bac9 is apsent for a while due to real life issues. Other moders that contribute to this mod like blowfish and crzyrndm have access ony to github.

So, use github link that contains latest updates for KSP 1.0.5 instead of Kerbalstuff.

On 12/1/2015, 10:23:44, 01010101lzy said:

I have modified the wing properties' ranges to be infinite, and I'm now working to add a sweep angle defining mode.

My future plans include:

• Edge scales with thickness,
  • Better fine mode using right mouse button,
  • Include or exclude edge in angle/length calculations.

I'm glad there's someone who want to give me a hand, but for now I want to work on my own first.

--edit--

Dev logs are posted here(partially chinese): http://weibo.com/p/100808e4134fd4485c66f3fff414d6c728f793

Regarding Hotfix II / Build 33

The tip offset slider for control surfaces only goes in one direction (starts at 0 and can be dragged into positive range), which means they can be offset only in one direction - although one might need offsetting them in any direction. The button does offset them into negative range, however it does so in steps of 2000, which is a bit much, so not really practicable.

Edit: looking at github, it seems you're working on offset right now, so I'll just wish you luck and keep my fingers crossed! Also, let me say thank you for the work you do, we appreciate it greatly!

Edited by boywithumbrella

On 12/9/2015, 4:34:14, kcs123 said:

Don't look at Kerbalstuff. Bac9 is apsent for a while due to real life issues. Other moders that contribute to this mod like blowfish and crzyrndm have access ony to github.

So, use github link that contains latest updates for KSP 1.0.5 instead of Kerbalstuff.

It is all very much appreciated as well. Thank you for keeping pointed in the right direction as always kcs123

17 hours ago, boywithumbrella said:

Regarding Hotfix II / Build 33

The tip offset slider for control surfaces only goes in one direction (starts at 0 and can be dragged into positive range), which means they can be offset only in one direction - although one might need offsetting them in any direction. The button does offset them into negative range, however it does so in steps of 2000, which is a bit much, so not really practicable.

Edit: looking at github, it seems you're working on offset right now, so I'll just wish you luck and keep my fingers crossed! Also, let me say thank you for the work you do, we appreciate it greatly!

Thanks for supporting me, and hop you could get a better gaming experience!

I really like this mod, as it eliminates the texture stretching of pWings, but is there a way for the new wing root to snap to the to of the piece it's attached to? Right now, its really hard for me to line up he lenths perfectly on my planes.

12 hours ago, TronX33 said:

I really like this mod, as it eliminates the texture stretching of pWings, but is there a way for the new wing root to snap to the to of the piece it's attached to? Right now, its really hard for me to line up he lenths perfectly on my planes.

Writing from the top of my head, so I don't know exact menu button name for this. I think it is "match shape" or "match ratio" or something like that.
That will create root wing part to match length/width with part it is attached to. Once parts matches sizes it is easier to attach second wing piece to first one. There is no "snap" button for it, but fortunately when you attach wings close enough it is easier to fine adjust them with offset gizmos.

Usual placing wing scenario is like this:

1. attach and shape first PW wing part to craft hull
  2. attach second part to the first part as continuation of large wing
  3. open PW menu (default "J" key)
  4. choose "match shape" option (I hope that I recall correctly button name)
  5. reattach reshaped wing once again to first part, so length of second wing "root" part is aligned with first wing "tip"

46 minutes ago, kcs123 said:

Writing from the top of my head, so I don't know exact menu button name for this. I think it is "match shape" or "match ratio" or something like that.
That will create root wing part to match length/width with part it is attached to. Once parts matches sizes it is easier to attach second wing piece to first one. There is no "snap" button for it, but fortunately when you attach wings close enough it is easier to fine adjust them with offset gizmos.

Usual placing wing scenario is like this:

1. attach and shape first PW wing part to craft hull
  2. attach second part to the first part as continuation of large wing
  3. open PW menu (default "J" key)
  4. choose "match shape" option (I hope that I recall correctly button name)
  5. reattach reshaped wing once again to first part, so length of second wing "root" part is aligned with first wing "tip"

Ah, thanks. Now I can finally reinstall this mod and get rid of pWings

EDIT: *facepalm* yep, it's all fine now, I just used the Release 2.1 version rather than the one from Master/GameData. No bug, just me being stupid again. Sorry about that. ;) 

On 12/5/2015, 12:18:40, blowfish said:

They should.  If they're not showing up it's a bug.

Tested this, there is no P-wings when I unlocked the Advanced Aerodynamics node, and I can't find it under any of the other nodes. Using the fork from https://github.com/Crzyrndm/B9-PWings-Fork/tree/master/GameData/B9_Aerospace by Crzyrndm, and tried this multiple times. I checked the part.cfg's for the wings, and it does say "TechRequired = advAerodynamics", so I don't know what could be causing the problem. Anyone else having this problem?

In addition, the toolbar icon in the Space Center is broken, it's white and I can't click on it.

pBOzDDL.png

In Sandbox mode, it's broken too, and I just noticed that the part is not in the catalog. Very strange. It's working fine with my aircraft building install, but on my main/career install (this one) I'm experiencing these problems. The B9 button isn't in the VAB/SPH, too. In both Career and Sanbox mode. Interesting. If I am using the wrong version, please send me a link to the "good" version. I was downloading the one from the master thingy, should I download the one from Releases instead? https://github.com/Crzyrndm/B9-PWings-Fork/releases/tag/2.1 I was using the GameData folder from the master, but I'll try the Release 2.1 and will post results.

Edited by Naten

2 hours ago, Naten said:

EDIT: *facepalm* yep, it's all fine now, I just used the Release 2.1 version rather than the one from Master/GameData. No bug, just me being stupid again. Sorry about that. ;) 

Tested this, there is no P-wings when I unlocked the Advanced Aerodynamics node, and I can't find it under any of the other nodes. Using the fork from https://github.com/Crzyrndm/B9-PWings-Fork/tree/master/GameData/B9_Aerospace by Crzyrndm, and tried this multiple times. I checked the part.cfg's for the wings, and it does say "TechRequired = advAerodynamics", so I don't know what could be causing the problem. Anyone else having this problem?

In addition, the toolbar icon in the Space Center is broken, it's white and I can't click on it.

Okay, back up a bit.  Did you install from the OP and then install Crzyrndm's fork on top of that?  Because the fork doesn't include the actual part definitions or assets.

On 13/12/2015, 09:02:47, blowfish said:

Okay, back up a bit.  Did you install from the OP and then install Crzyrndm's fork on top of that?  Because the fork doesn't include the actual part definitions or assets.

Just downloaded Crzyrndm's release zip and it certainly _seems_ like it has a part with all its files - GameData/B9_Aerospace/Parts/Aero_Wing_Procedural/ folder has four .dds files, two .mu files and four .cfg files.

9 minutes ago, politas said:

Just downloaded Crzyrndm's release zip and it certainly _seems_ like it has a part with all its files - GameData/B9_Aerospace/Parts/Aero_Wing_Procedural/ folder has four .dds files, two .mu files and four .cfg files.

Okay ... I didn't know they were included in the releases.  My mistake.  The next step would be to post your output log and see if it has any clues as to what's going on.

Hello!
I'm encountering some conflicts of B9 wings (unofficial release by Crzyrndm) with the new Deadly Reentry, when the debug is throwing NullReference exceptions. NathanKell in the DRE thread mentioned, that it is connected to ModuleHeatShield module which is being undefined by DRE, so I'm wondering if there is any way to fix this, or maybe there is some patch somewhere that I missed?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.