[1.0.2] B9 Aerospace | Procedural Parts 0.40 | Updated 09.06.15

bac9

The previous problem has completely gone, no idea what caused it, sorry for pestering. I noticed a minor problem with one set of wings though, which is probably real fuels fault, but I figured i would still mention it:

http://imgur.com/a/ZQEDW (Volumes are the same, decimal moves due to menu bug? masses actually act that weight)

Both wings are about the same size, yet one wing, the old one, weighs 19 tonnes BASE, where the other only 700 kg. This is some funky bug. Luckily it was easily fixed, but it just peaked interest. 

Edited by SirusKing

@Crzyrndm
The version in CKAN is still at 0.40.7 for KSP 1.0.5, you said to someone go report it to CKAN people. Can i report it in the CKAN thread?
Also the version in github says for 1.1, that includes 1.1.2?

Sorry for those dumb questions >.<

Edited by Skeltcher

On 01/05/2016 at 11:26 AM, Flashblade said:

Great accomplishment @Crzyrndm , but unfortunately yes I have found an issue. At certain distances and perspectives any highlights on the wings become very sharp dancing white pixels. They are kind of like the pixels you can see when your graphics card is overheating, although these tend to be green most of the time. These only seem to appear on the wings edges.

This is a long-running Unity issue ( usually called fireflies ). Can you ( or anyone else with the issue ) try this shader & see if it's reduced? it ( probably ) won't go away but certainly for me there's a little less of it.

Back up your wingshader.ksp & replace it with that one. I still get firefly issues due to antialiasing not working right, but I think that is a rather more complex issue.

4 hours ago, Van Disaster said:

This is a long-running Unity issue ( usually called fireflies ). Can you ( or anyone else with the issue ) try this shader & see if it's reduced? it ( probably ) won't go away but certainly for me there's a little less of it.

Back up your wingshader.ksp & replace it with that one. I still get firefly issues due to antialiasing not working right, but I think that is a rather more complex issue.

Sure I can do that @Van Disaster

EDIT: Sorry to say it, but I can't see any discernible improvement here. It is more like the opposite. The effect feels slightly stronger.

Edited by Flashblade
Test complete

6 hours ago, Flashblade said:

Sure I can do that @Van Disaster

EDIT: Sorry to say it, but I can't see any discernible improvement here. It is more like the opposite. The effect feels slightly stronger.

@Flashbladeit was worth a try; HOWEVER, please redownload it - there's a more comprehensive fix which for me has reduced the issue back to slightly jagged edges, which is the same as it was in unity 4.

@Crzyrndm

Hey, I tried using the updated version you made, but every time I launch my crafts, the mass on the wings duplicates or just increases in general.. I have one that started out at 30 tons, and went all the way up to 196 in 10 launches.

I tried removing RealFuels, thinking that was the issue, like someone else said above me, but that wasn't it either. The output log is in the spoiler, I had to upload it to dropbox because it had over 120 thousand lines and copying it here wouldn't work.

Hope that's fine with the forum guidelines, I haven't been an active user. Let me know if there's anything else you need.

Edited by MrKibe
Edit: forgot to mention I am actually using a lot of other mods, but they all seemed compatible, and as far as ckan is concerned, are updated. Also grammar

5 minutes ago, LayTzz_swe said:

I'm having troubles with placing wings, they end up with the upside down, but only on one side. Anybody got tips?

I was having the same issue, turns out I was using an outdated version of the mod. Check if you're the same maybe?

@Crzyrndm I've been helping test RSS/RO on 1.1.2  Using the latest fork of this as linked above, I'm seeing two problems: about half the time in the VAB, the option to press J and configure the wings doesn't appear.  Leaving the VAB scene and coming back will usually, but not always, fix this.  Also, and perhaps more importantly, it's doing something very wonky with mass.  As a test case, I made a sample vessel, nothing more than a probe core and 4 unmodified pwings.  Vessel mass as shown by mechjeb was 2.656t in the VAB, but then on the pad it shows 4.570t.  This was easily reproducible, only happened to vessels with pwings on them, and the difference in vab and pad mass scaled based on how large the wings were.

Also check FAR thread. I wasn't watched closely recent events, but there is conversation about tweakscale and FAR regarding mass part change. Something entirely new API functions introduced with Unity 5 and KSP 1.1.2 as I was able to understand.

Might be same or similar thing with mass changing as wing is reshaped.

1 hour ago, Crzyrndm said:

Unable to replicate any mass or menu issues using stock or FAR. Something else is interfering and I need more information as to what...

I posted this on your plugin thread, but. I installed your plugin through CKAN, but sadly I can't find the wings in game. they are nowhere to be found. Do I have to install your plugin manually?

1 hour ago, CaptainCreeper56 said:

I have tried installing the fork that you provided and it says that it is incompatible. Do you have a version that works in 1.1.2 ? 

I'm looking at my 1.1.2 game including an install of this taken from github - the only claimed incompatible mod is "Procedural Parts", which is not this mod ( and in fact PP still appears to work anyway ). This mod works fine in 1.1.2.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.