[1.0.2] B9 Aerospace | Procedural Parts 0.40 | Updated 09.06.15

bac9

Getting an odd error. I can attach a all moving surfaces to a part, I can attach a single wing to a part, but if I try to attach two wings using symmetry things go wonkey, the cost is added but the wings are not attached. Error log below.

[LOG 12:17:02.344] [SCANsat] start: in editor
[LOG 12:17:02.344] [SCANsat] sensorType: 0 fov: 0 min_alt: 0 max_alt: 0 best_alt: 0 power: 0.05
[LOG 12:17:02.345] Tac.LifeSupportModule[FFF74192][251.47]: OnStart: Editor
[LOG 12:17:09.895] deltaWing added to ship - part count: 2
[LOG 12:17:09.896] SAFix.onPartAttach(): Host = deltaWing | Target = Mark2Cockpit | Symmetry Count = 1
[LOG 12:17:09.897] stage count is: 0
[LOG 12:17:09.897] deltaWing added to ship - part count: 3
[LOG 12:17:09.898] SAFix.onPartAttach(): Host = deltaWing | Target = Mark2Cockpit | Symmetry Count = 1
[LOG 12:17:09.898] [VersionTaggedType] found KSPAPIExtensions.PartMessage.KnownPartMarker_1_7_2_0 for KSPAPIExtensions.PartMessage.KnownPartMarker
[LOG 12:17:09.899] [VersionTaggedType] found KSPAPIExtensions.PartMessage.KnownPartMarker_1_7_2_0 for KSPAPIExtensions.PartMessage.KnownPartMarker
[LOG 12:17:09.901] stage count is: 0
[LOG 12:17:11.042] deleting part deltaWing
[LOG 12:17:12.411] deltaWing added to ship - part count: 2
[LOG 12:17:12.412] SAFix.onPartAttach(): Host = deltaWing | Target = Mark2Cockpit | Symmetry Count = 1
[LOG 12:17:12.413] stage count is: 0
[LOG 12:17:12.413] deltaWing added to ship - part count: 3
[LOG 12:17:12.414] SAFix.onPartAttach(): Host = deltaWing | Target = Mark2Cockpit | Symmetry Count = 1
[LOG 12:17:12.415] [VersionTaggedType] found KSPAPIExtensions.PartMessage.KnownPartMarker_1_7_2_0 for KSPAPIExtensions.PartMessage.KnownPartMarker
[LOG 12:17:12.416] [VersionTaggedType] found KSPAPIExtensions.PartMessage.KnownPartMarker_1_7_2_0 for KSPAPIExtensions.PartMessage.KnownPartMarker
[LOG 12:17:12.416] stage count is: 0
[LOG 12:17:13.193] deleting part deltaWing
[LOG 12:17:14.197] deleting part deltaWing
[LOG 12:17:18.248] B9.Aero.Wing.Procedural.TypeC added to ship - part count: 2
[LOG 12:17:18.248] SAFix.onPartAttach(): Host = B9.Aero.Wing.Procedural.TypeC | Target = Mark2Cockpit | Symmetry Count = 1
[LOG 12:17:18.261] stage count is: 0
[LOG 12:17:18.262] B9.Aero.Wing.Procedural.TypeC added to ship - part count: 3
[LOG 12:17:18.262] SAFix.onPartAttach(): Host = B9.Aero.Wing.Procedural.TypeC | Target = Mark2Cockpit | Symmetry Count = 1
[LOG 12:17:18.263] [VersionTaggedType] found KSPAPIExtensions.PartMessage.KnownPartMarker_1_7_2_0 for KSPAPIExtensions.PartMessage.KnownPartMarker
[LOG 12:17:18.264] [VersionTaggedType] found KSPAPIExtensions.PartMessage.KnownPartMarker_1_7_2_0 for KSPAPIExtensions.PartMessage.KnownPartMarker
[LOG 12:17:18.277] stage count is: 0
[LOG 12:17:19.429] deleting part B9.Aero.Wing.Procedural.TypeC
[LOG 12:17:20.492] deleting part B9.Aero.Wing.Procedural.TypeC
[LOG 12:17:23.149] B9.Aero.Wing.Procedural.TypeA added to ship - part count: 2
[LOG 12:17:23.150] SAFix.onPartAttach(): Host = B9.Aero.Wing.Procedural.TypeA | Target = Mark2Cockpit | Symmetry Count = 1
[LOG 12:17:23.162] stage count is: 0
[LOG 12:17:23.163] B9.Aero.Wing.Procedural.TypeA added to ship - part count: 3
[LOG 12:17:23.164] SAFix.onPartAttach(): Host = B9.Aero.Wing.Procedural.TypeA | Target = Mark2Cockpit | Symmetry Count = 1
[EXC 12:17:23.165] ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range.
Parameter name: index
System.Collections.Generic.List`1[PartModule].get_Item (Int32 index)
PartModuleList.get_Item (Int32 index)
ClawKSP.SAFix.UpdatePartAndChildren (.Part SourcePart, .Part UpdatePart, SymmetryMethod SymMethod)
ClawKSP.SAFix.onPartAttach (HostTargetAction`2 AttachedPart)
EventData`1[GameEvents+HostTargetAction`2[Part,Part]].Fire (HostTargetAction`2 data)
Part.setParent (.Part p)
EditorLogic.attachPart (.Part part, . attach)
EditorLogic.attachSymParts (.[] cAttaches)
EditorLogic.<SetupFSM>m__B4 ()
KerbalFSM.RunEvent (.KFSMEvent evt)
KerbalFSM.updateFSM (KFSMUpdateMode mode)
KerbalFSM.UpdateFSM ()
EditorLogic.Update ()
[LOG 12:17:23.543] deleting part B9.Aero.Wing.Procedural.TypeA
[LOG 12:17:24.794] deleting part B9.Aero.Wing.Procedural.TypeA

Have you tried with Claw's dtock bug fixes ?

Since the symmetry fix is already showing in the logs, isn't it obvious that he's using it? Infact, IIRC there was a bad interaction reported between the two recently (time to go digging...)

E:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/97285-KSP-v0-90-Stock-Bug-Fix-Modules-%28Release-v0-1-7e-28-Feb-15%29-Misc-Utilities-%2818-Jan-15%29?p=1766510&viewfull=1#post1766510

Error looks pretty much the same

Edited by Crzyrndm

So I take it no fix or even a clue as to what is causing my problem with it.

Have you tried simply removing all mods, apart from bac9 wings an FAR? Remove every possible other cause and check then. Nothing special about the version you use?

Have you tried simply removing all mods, apart from bac9 wings an FAR? Remove every possible other cause and check then. Nothing special about the version you use?

Haven't gone to that extreme yet, but seeing as I have time after my surgery I may do that.

So performed a complete uninstall and reinstall with just FAR KER MJ B9 DRE TAC and KJR installed. This is the output log and still getting a string of nullref errors.

output

SyqKAaR.jpg

Same errors as before as soon as I switch the trailing edge to none and attach a control surface it goes crazy.

Edited by Hodo

So performed a complete uninstall and reinstall with just FAR KER MJ B9 DRE TAC and KJR installed. This is the output log and still getting a string of nullref errors.

output

http://i.imgur.com/SyqKAaR.jpg

Same errors as before as soon as I switch the trailing edge to none and attach a control surface it goes crazy.

So what happens if you just have the minimum mods installed; that is FAR and Procedural Parts?

At this stage you have several mods loaded; this won't help debugging. KJR is a known source of nullrefs for various reasons (not to mention other odd behaviour). I would (as recommended earlier) literally strip back to absolute minimum.

So what happens if you just have the minimum mods installed; that is FAR and Procedural Parts?

At this stage you have several mods loaded; this won't help debugging. KJR is a known source of nullrefs for various reasons (not to mention other odd behaviour). I would (as recommended earlier) literally strip back to absolute minimum.

I tried it with just the B9 procedural wings and FAR it still kicks those nullref issues.

I tried it with just the B9 procedural wings and FAR it still kicks those nullref issues.

Yeah I get tons of NRE with this. What happened to Bac9 there where updates like every other day now bac9 is dead silent on these issues. Hope things are ok and life is just busy...

Yeah I get tons of NRE with this. What happened to Bac9 there where updates like every other day now bac9 is dead silent on these issues. Hope things are ok and life is just busy...

Glad I am not the only one. I just uninstalled it till it works with my install it is a good mod but still very much in the works. I hope it doesnt become like other Bac9 projects.

I get them too, sometimes - usually after using the offset tool. In my case saving & reloading the craft seems to cure it.

That could explain why I didn't encountered issues with this mod. I rarely used offset tool, even when I used it, I moved parts with offset tool just a little.

Only to fine tune almoust balanced craft. Didn't tested with other modes that were updated recently, I was busy elsewhere for last few weeks.

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8696/16780598332_504f54fd49_b.jpg

Still discovering neat things you can do... I wish there was an actual texture atlas & you could choose a UV offset to get sets of different styles. Must install some C# environment, I guess.

how do you manage to use retro-future parts in 0.90? arent they outdated?

On the OP it says:

So people using FAR 14.6 will encounter NRE errors as it's not the dev version?

Never noticed that good Q. I will give it a shot and see if that improves anything for me. I encorage others to try it as well to see if it fixes anything.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.