[1.0.2] B9 Aerospace | Procedural Parts 0.40 | Updated 09.06.15

bac9

Hey, I installed the 1.0 release from the link in your post but the parts dont show up anywhere in the editor. I have module manager 2.6.2 but it doesn't seem to work :C are there any other dependencies?

Hey, I installed the 1.0 release from the link in your post but the parts dont show up anywhere in the editor. I have module manager 2.6.2 but it doesn't seem to work :C are there any other dependencies?

You need to install from the link in the OP and then overwrite the relevant parts from Crzyrndm's link.

Install orginal Bac9 files => Overwrite with files from the link in my sig => Further fixes from the location I linked earlier (which will eventually make it to step 2)

E: Ninja'd

Edited by Crzyrndm

er, forgive my poor English level, but it seems u already have a fix to make B9 procedural part work in 1.0.2? Can someone tell me where can I find that fix please?

@Hodo

I'm not having any major issues with the dev FAR build from about 6 hours ago. There's a couple of niggles when reverting to editor that insist on being persistent little annoyances, but I haven't encountered anything game breaking. Assuming you have both the necesary dependancies (MM, Modular Flight Integrator for FAR), I need a log and steps to produce your issue.

I found the problem.

It was a user failure, I had failed to download and install the correct version of B9PWings and had the .90 version installed. Oops.

KSP 1.0.x - Patch v2 has been packaged.

Fixes:

• Material index exception
  • Nullrefs caused by reverting to the editor
  • Significantly reduced logging in flight for control surfaces

Requires Module Manager

Requires Download Bac9's files from the OP

Has it fixed the big bug that is: the procedural wings don't appear in the parts table even in a fresh install?

Has it fixed the big bug that is: the procedural wings don't appear in the parts table even in a fresh install?

Did you follow the last instruction and use the download in the OP, then apply Crzyrndm's patch?

Did you follow the last instruction and use the download in the OP, then apply Crzyrndm's patch?

Yes, twice. Once in conjunction with other mods, once in a new install.

I'm in career. Can you confirm that procedural wings aren't hidden away in the late tech nodes?

Yes, twice. Once in conjunction with other mods, once in a new install.

I'm in career. Can you confirm that procedural wings aren't hidden away in the late tech nodes?

Per the configs, the tech required is Advanced Aerodynamics. I don't know exactly where that is in the new tech tree. Do they show up in sandbox mode?

Per the configs, the tech required is Advanced Aerodynamics. I don't know exactly where that is in the new tech tree. Do they show up in sandbox mode?

I just unlocked the required node.

It functions just like in 0.90. Sorry for the worry.

Crzyrndm,

I was testing last night in NuFAR with B9Pwings and your patch. There is one minor issue that crops up this is more of a warning to anyone else using this and NuFAR dev build. The Voxel aero blue arrows does not always display the correct information for wings attached to another set of wings. They work just fine, but the display doesnt correctly show them with the Voxel aeroflow diagrams.

I have one minor request. Can we get a curved end piece for the wings so we can have a smoother look to our wing designs. Because this version I think I am going to go without the original Pwings and some designs just look better with a rounded wing tip.

Like this Cessna.

Lzg6m2L.png

@Crzyrndm, small request. Can you make separate thread with links in OP for all stuff that is needed for this mod ?

I thought it will be easier for you to maintain links and easier for all fans to track doen changes in bac9 apsence.

Thanks for maintain this, anyway.

I'm having issues with the control surfaces / latest release.

1.1:

screenshot137.png

1.1.1:

screenshot139.png

If I replace the elevons in the SPH I get both sides as on the left wing, but on launch they revert to the default sizes as on the right. Texture switching appears to be broken too.

I'm having issues with the control surfaces / latest release.

Changes causing the above issue and an issue reported earlier on github reverted. The exceptions they were preventing appear to be less harmful at this stage >.<

Not sure whether to post here or in the FAR thread, but with 1.1.2 the wings don't seem to be 100% compatible with the new FAR. FAR's voxeling works fine on them and picks up the shape changes, but the CoL indicator is still showing a vector like FAR isn't taking over. Doesn't seem like a FAR issue, it shows only the indicator dot with all the other wings I've tried (stock, KAX, Firespitter).

Not sure whether to post here or in the FAR thread, but with 1.1.2 the wings don't seem to be 100% compatible with the new FAR. FAR's voxeling works fine on them and picks up the shape changes, but the CoL indicator is still showing a vector like FAR isn't taking over. Doesn't seem like a FAR issue, it shows only the indicator dot with all the other wings I've tried (stock, KAX, Firespitter).

I am running FAR with B9Pwings and they work together fine for me. Do you have your output log?

Issue with the 1.1.2 I can take wing tip size down to zero causing some errors in the log. Needs a clamp to avoid division by 0 I imagine. Thanks crzy for the maintenance!

Issue with the 1.1.2 I can take wing tip size down to zero causing some errors in the log. Needs a clamp to avoid division by 0 I imagine. Thanks crzy for the maintenance!

Unable to replicate errors caused by reducing any parameters to zero

I have tried to replicate my crafts from V0.90. Since some of mods are still not updated, I replicated SpacePlane Mk2 B9PW(craft file) from only stock parts and B9 PW.

First thing I noticed is that stability derivates in FAR graph are not shown properly. Nearly same shaped plane shows all red numbers for speeds at 0.35 mach, AoA can't evem be determinated, etc. Despite this, plane fly close as possible like in KSP V0.90, capable to lift off without problems at intended speeds near 120 m/s.

Second thing I come across is some kind of memory leaks as shown on album. I tried to uninstall almost all mods except few essentials:

Blizzy toolbar, B9 PW, CrossFeed enabler, nuFAR, Modular Flight integrator,GCMonitor(used memory on screen), KJR, Stock bug fixes, ModuleRCS fix, Kerbal Alarm clock

Javascript is disabled. View full album

I'm not sure if it is B9PW bug or stock game bug, I will try to replicate problems with stock parts only, to see if problem exist, I just wanted to warn people to pay attention if they have similar issues, or it is somewhere on my end.

Forgot to mention, screenshots taken on Windows KSP 1.0.2 game version.

Edited by kcs123

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.