[1.0.2] B9 Aerospace | Procedural Parts 0.40 | Updated 09.06.15

bac9

http://i.imgur.com/EEry4Vn.png

Any idea why this thing doesn't pitch very well? It rolls fine, it yaws fine. But it can't pitch for crap.

I think it might be those control surfaces used in the rear wings, I need to test this beautiful wings on more designs.

Could just be too stable. If you're using stock aero check where the CoL is with respect to the CoM - if the CoL is too far back then it's going to have trouble pitching. If using FAR, run static analysis - if the Cm line slopes down too quickly, you have the same issue.

Could just be too stable. If you're using stock aero check where the CoL is with respect to the CoM - if the CoL is too far back then it's going to have trouble pitching. If using FAR, run static analysis - if the Cm line slopes down too quickly, you have the same issue.

Using stock, how's this look? http://i.imgur.com/tjg6mUi.png

That offside lift bug resurrect from time to time. Whenever I thought that was dealed form SQUAD or mod side it reapears again. It is not restricted to PW only, I got same issue even with stock parts.

Workaround is easy enough though. Worked for me whenever come across with this one.

Just grab wing from oposite side where you attached wing on hull. Attach it again from that oposite side and CoL should be normal again.

Some other users reported that surface/angle attachment change could also solve this big, but I can't confirm it, previous method worked for me so I haven't investigated it.

That offside lift bug resurrect from time to time. Whenever I thought that was dealed form SQUAD or mod side it reapears again. It is not restricted to PW only, I got same issue even with stock parts.

Workaround is easy enough though. Worked for me whenever come across with this one.

Just grab wing from oposite side where you attached wing on hull. Attach it again from that oposite side and CoL should be normal again.

Some other users reported that surface/angle attachment change could also solve this big, but I can't confirm it, previous method worked for me so I haven't investigated it.

Neither of those solutions seem to solve much. If this is a common problem, is there anywhere I could find more ways to fix this?

hey folks, been a while since i played with the procedural wings, picked it up again. I have a problem with the CoL not updating in the SPH when using the wings, any idea what i have missed out here?

- - - Updated - - -

hmmm and my control surface aren't working either....

- - - Updated - - -

[Error]: Cannot find module 'ModuleLiftingSurface' (774390114)

hey folks, been a while since i played with the procedural wings, picked it up again. I have a problem with the CoL not updating in the SPH when using the wings, any idea what i have missed out here?

- - - Updated - - -

hmmm and my control surface aren't working either....

- - - Updated - - -

[Error]: Cannot find module 'ModuleLiftingSurface' (774390114)

SmashBrown I noticed you've been active in Nertea's WIP / Mark IV Development thread and I believe your issue with B9 control surfaces is due the FAR patch included with the latest Mark IV prerelease. I've posted more information here, in that thread.

Short question regarding my understanding of the requirements for using this mod:

You must FAR 15.3.1 or later. Previous versions had a serious issue preventing proper voxelization of mirrored meshes.

Does that mean that if I use FAR, I should use the latest FAR version?

Or does it mean, that using a newer FAR version is a hard requirement?

Since it is also only written under "note" and I otherwise can't read anything about "requirements" I am simply not sure.

Thanks for any answers! :)

Short question regarding my understanding of the requirements for using this mod:

Does that mean that if I use FAR, I should use the latest FAR version?

Since it is also only written under "note" and I otherwise can't read anything about "requirements" I am simply not sure.

Thanks for any answers! :)

0.15.3.1 or later usually means that 0.15.3.1 or any version after that will work. Why would you not be using 0.15.4 though?

It means that for users with FAR installed, if the FAR version is 15.3.0 or older, I can guarantee that your vehicle will experience "phantom" yaw caused by port facing wings appearing larger to those FAR versions than starboard facing wings.

It can be used without FAR. NEAR no longer exists.

That was the answer I am looking for.

Now I only need to find out why in my heavily modded install the CoM and CoL doesn't change when I change the wing dimensions.

Not that I know of. I checked for that mod/cfg and I generally don't use WIP versions. (I naturally did some searching before posing my question).

However, I will check for that error later today when I am back home.

I'm also not expecting any help at this point since my install is heavily modded.

Well, I don't know what it was, but I fixed it with a CKAN uninstall, deleting the folder by hand (I don't know right now which mod put anything in there), and reinstalling it.

Made quick plane to test it:

qwspw83.png

Edit: So... I would recommend trying that if anything goes awry in the future. Thanks for answering my question earlier! :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.