[1.0.2] B9 Aerospace | Procedural Parts 0.40 | Updated 09.06.15

bac9

Do you have FAR installed? If so, you shouldn't delete those patches. If not, do you have a phantom FerramAerospaceReserxh folder sitting in GameData? If neither of those help, post your output log as usual.

I dont have or use FAR mod, no FerramAerospaceReserxh folder in my GameData

here is my output_log.txt if u need it

ps.: but for me now everything works fine...I think

Could you elaborate on what you mean here?

Wings that are twisted.

EDIT: Look at the missile on the wing tip and how the angle differs compared to the angle of attack:

1024px-Canadian_CF-18.jpg

EDIT 2: It's also called 'washout' it seems.

EDIT 3: OK, NEVERMIND! I know how to make another kind of washout on wings, but I wouldn't mind if it still got added.

Edited by Veeltch

other mods are adding solar panel plates with a cutout shape to fit on top of wings, mainly stock wings or their own mod wings - which gave me a thought

since this uses procedural wings, what about a button added to right click menu of the part "enable solar panel" and have it change the texture of the top of the wing, and apply ModuleDeployableSolarPanel

Well, neither stock nor FAR support washout, so it would merely be cosmetic...

Are you sure FAR doesn't support washout? Sure, if you have a singular wing section, it probably won't work, but using multiple sections, it seems to work alright. It really is just a matter of wing orientation in relation to the velocity vector.

On another note, I don't know if the voxelization issue in relation to FAR has been addressed here. A thick wing appears to lack the appropriate voxels on the ends, which can prove problematic.

http://i.imgur.com/UqvKF2d.png

Any way to combat this? Strip symmetry doesn't seem to deal with the issue as it says they are not in symmetry.

The reason that the shuttle is pointed this way as it makes the launch work easier.

e: It's editorextensions being a jerk. Disregard!

Can you tell me what you did to solve this? I'm using editor extensions and I'm having the same issue when trying to proper align shuttles for launch.

Easiest way is to just use an identical setup for top and bottom of the wing panel. AFAIK the root cause of the issue is that the "top" is not defined when oriented like that and so it semi-randomly picks a side to use (although it should really pick the same one assuming it's *exactly* the same orientation). Make sure you built the whole wing on the same part, the only reason I can think of is that they're built on symmetry counterparts => different orientation => different top

I found out what was causing it. I previously had FAR installed via CKAN, but when I removed it, CKAN left behind the FAR folder and a few other bits and pieces so the wings I guess were trying to use FAR, even though it wasn't there. Removing the folder fixed the problem

Thank you! Was banging my head against the wall trying to work out what had gone wrong

hi guys, I love to build jets in this game and in particular with help from this mod for wings

till recently I used this mod along with other one million of mods without no problem...till I update some of them, more then 10 mods and from some reason wings recently they stopped producing lift

I remamber in past I had a similar problem with wings from OPT mod and a guy there told me to delete ...something about FAR.cfg files..and i did same for this problem

so far I deleted this 3 files:

FARVoxPatch.cfg (B9_Aerospace)

FAR.cfg (ChopShop)

AoA_FAR_config.cfg (AoATech)

dont know witch of them cause my problem, but I delete them and I don't know why, but after I did this now my game with all his 57 mod works fine, wings from this mods start to produce lift again

I told you this in case you encounter same problem and maybe this will help you\

sorry for my romglish, not my favorite language:D

Having the same problem and have almost the same setup, x64 lots of mods. Procedural Wings had been working perfectly for months. I ran some update on CKAN after being away for a few weeks and could not figure out which one broke it. Reinstalled all B9 and dependencies manually, nothing.

The fix you outlined looks to have worked it out, thanks very much!

Just to share, as these topics tend to be a good place for people to look for solutions (and the author may notice), the "AoA_FAR_config.cfg" file packaged with AoATech breaks this mod. It will make the wings produce no lift and the control surfaces not operate. I was not using FAR but had some AoATech parts, deleting that single file resolved all issues I was having with B9's proc wings.

@Bac9

RE: The wings not working after uninstalling FAR via CKAN. Instead of targeting the patches at "FerramAerospaceResearch" (the folder and main .dll name), either of ferram4's secondary .dll's can be used (ie. "ferramGraph" or "Scale_Redist"). That way it doesn't matter when the folder remains because the .dll pass it's tied to is gone

I never did get an answer to my question.

When I install this in conjunction with the real-fuels mod, the RF dll itself (not any of the configs) kills the ability to utilize the wing tanks.

I'm looking over the files now, but I'd like to know if anyone installed this with Real Fuels and can't switch to the fuel tanks, or if they know what the problem might be.

As far as I can tell, the moduleFuelTanks entry looks problem free. But I'm off looking through real fuels to try and find the procedural parts config so I can see what the modification is (and if I have to build one for the B9 Pwings).

Confirming the issue. Indeed there's some trouble with the cfgs.

For example, patch.cfg adds a *second* copy of ModuleLiftingSurface.

As to AdmiralTigerclaw's issue, the problem is

MODULE:NEEDS[modularFuelTanks]

should be

MODULE:NEEDS[modularFuelTanks|RealFuels]

EDIT: Also Crzyrndm: Did the IPartMassModifier ever get implemented?

Confirming the issue. Indeed there's some trouble with the cfgs.

For example, patch.cfg adds a *second* copy of ModuleLiftingSurface.

As to AdmiralTigerclaw's issue, the problem is

MODULE:NEEDS[modularFuelTanks]

should be

MODULE:NEEDS[modularFuelTanks|RealFuels]

EDIT: Also Crzyrndm: Did the IPartMassModifier ever get implemented?

JAWSOME!

That FINALLY got it. Sheesh, so many patches and repatches everywhere. I see what the patch file's doing though. Remove the tank module, replace with the RealFuel tank module. I was sure something like that was being pulled somewhere, just couldn't find where.

I skimmed the thread and didn't notice anyone else with my issue.

When attaching the control surfaces to wings, they seem to be ever so slightly rotated. This is apparent with larger wings, where the control surface will stick out above on one end and below on the other.

Like this: The wing: | The control surface: \

It's a very small rotation , but it bugs me.

Hm...

Looks like fixing the fuel issue broke the 'mass/strength' modifier. Should I go kick the code with a cudgel until it fixes that? I need to lighten a commercial air frame a little to get a low takeoff speed.

EDIT:

Strike that, it was my fault this time.

When I was trying to fix the tanks, I apparently derped some code in the type A B9-Pwing. I remembered I was derping around with it and just did an original replace.

Edited by AdmiralTigerclaw

Are these all in context menus, or do they use mouse movements like PWings?

If you get the .dll from my github you can use the same methods as PWings. The current release version is context menu only

Is a release coming, either from you or Bac9?

I could package up a drop in patch tonight (after I add in the RF/MFT module that doesn't even appear to be in my version for some reason...). I haven't heard from or seen Bac9 recently so I don't know when an official release will happen

Patch.cfg was accidentally included in the previous release, it can (and should be) deleted. I'll include a blanked file in the patch to overwrite it.

EDIT

Full Download

There's still the nullref being thrown by the engineers report that I can't locate but: this fixes the issues caused by patch.cfg, adds the (updated) original PWings manipulation method using mouse movement and keys, the mass modifier and probably a few other little bits and pieces

Edited by Crzyrndm

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.