[1.0.2] B9 Aerospace | Procedural Parts 0.40 | Updated 09.06.15

bac9

On 2/15/2016 at 4:21 AM, NathanKell said:

No logs are showing up in your post. I've tried rereading it.

;)

I figured out what it was before your post. All working now.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is it possible to remove the modular wings?

Edited by Speedster159

3 hours ago, Table said:

That's the unofficial one, it's very glitchy. I just used it

If it's glitchy then I'd like to see logs, because it's meant to be fixing problems, not creating them.

General update
I have just committed (no release, testing only) a number of requested changes and fixes to github including the configurable fuel tankage and a unique folder (B9_Aerospace_ProceduralWings). If you're feeling a little daring, gates are open for bug reports

Edited by Crzyrndm

13 hours ago, Table said:

That's the unofficial one, it's very glitchy. I just used it

It's as official as anything.  bac9 is no longer actively developing this mod - he has passed it into Crzyrndm's capable hands.

And if you have issues, they're on your end.  Everyone else is using it without trouble.

6 hours ago, blowfish said:

It's as official as anything.  bac9 is no longer actively developing this mod - he has passed it into Crzyrndm's capable hands.

And if you have issues, they're on your end.  Everyone else is using it without trouble.

Hmm, I found out I kind of messed up with the mod a little. I fixed it. But thanks for your responses guys!

7 hours ago, blowfish said:

bac9 is no longer actively developing this mod - he has passed it into Crzyrndm's capable hands.

I would have said "bac9 is inactive and I have just continued fixing bugs". There was no handover per se (there's a reason I label the download as unofficial ;))

8 hours ago, kcs123 said:

@Crzyrndm, master branch from this link ?

That's the one.

1 hour ago, Table said:

Hmm, I found out I kind of messed up with the mod a little. I fixed it. But thanks for your responses guys!

Good to hear you got it working :)

Edited by Crzyrndm

Hi there, great mod btw.

i was just gona ask a question.

with due corse could you maby try to impliment a option for the leading edge of the wing to become an air intake? It would provide next to no lift and be mostly structural. I dont know if this would be hard or not but i think it would be a very nice feature to have.

an example of this is the wing root in the hawker hunter and the de haviland venom. 

Thanks

Edited by harryloud

A few bug fixes (mainly, wings not initialising correctly on vessels that aren't the primary vessel coming into loaded range), probably not stuff everyone will see (although, may be more of a concern for BDA). If you use the unpackaged github stuff, you can also configure the fuel load outs to be stuff other than LF, Oxidiser, and mono prop

How did you come to the conclusion that lift/drag is too high? The current lift numbers are based on the advise for mod makers from NathanKell and Porkjet, and the drag is modelled by what should be the same system as KSP uses for every other part

8 hours ago, Crzyrndm said:

How did you come to the conclusion that lift/drag is too high? The current lift numbers are based on the advise for mod makers from NathanKell and Porkjet, and the drag is modelled by what should be the same system as KSP uses for every other part

I was told the B9 Pwings have too much drag and lift when you dont use FAR. It also says you MUST use FAR

3 hours ago, Combatsmithen said:

I was told the B9 Pwings have too much drag and lift when you dont use FAR. It also says you MUST use FAR

You were told by whom?  That's not a very convincing argument for changing the mod unless you can show that aero forces are significantly higher than stock wings with the same area.

And you don't need FAR.  I believe this is some confusion over woding in the OP.  It says that if you're using FAR, you need X version or higher.  But that's many months old at this point so it should probably just be removed.

I found a bug were the Mass of Control surfaces is negative.

Was mucking around making very lightweight aircraft, when i found that adding Control surfaces below a certain size would reduce my mass.

to try and see if it was just a vessel report bug,i put on lots of small control surfaces until i had negative mass and launched; instead of creating a UFO, it just crashed my game.

Edited by pyrosheep

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.