[1.0.2] B9 Aerospace | Procedural Parts 0.40 | Updated 09.06.15

bac9

I finally broke down and did a clean install of KSP and a manual install of the mod before adding in any other mods from CKAN. B9 procedural wings seems to work now. I still get the appearance of that the textures are going to be flipped when deciding placement, but once the part is actually attached the textures are normal.

• 2 weeks later...

Folks, I have a few shader tweaks to test, if some people would be so kind: back up wingshader.ksp in GameData\B9_Aerospace_ProceduralWings, grab the new file from here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6gybk7ycuksln16/wingshader.ksp?dl=0 and drop it in place.

Stuff:

* Much improved editor behaviour: wings should now go transparent when detached from your craft, and not block the view if you drop them.
* Tweaked lighting function, please check for fireflies ( large white sparkling edges ) and specular light going the right direction, and if it looks reasonable. You'll get *some* white edges because of AA & hard edges, but they shouldn't be very noticeable - I have no idea if I can improve that yet, this is a good learning experience. You may get some if you're running KSPRC because something in there is getting at just about all part shaders.
* FAR aerovis compatibility -  lift/drag/stall tinting like stock parts ( although that could be a recent FAR change too ).

I want to sort out some of the blending when you've coloured a part in a dark colour & the overlays come up bright white, but that will require dismantling the assets first.

I'd especially like someone with a Mac to test because I haven't really checked OpenGL, because it runs like a slug for me :(

Edited by Van Disaster

8 hours ago, Van Disaster said:

Folks, I have a few shader tweaks to test, if some people would be so kind: back up wingshader.ksp in GameData\B9_Aerospace_ProceduralWings, grab the new file from here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6gybk7ycuksln16/wingshader.ksp?dl=0 and drop it in place.

Stuff:

* Much improved editor behaviour: wings should now go transparent when detached from your craft, and not block the view if you drop them.
* Tweaked lighting function, please check for fireflies ( large white sparkling edges ) and specular light going the right direction, and if it looks reasonable. You'll get *some* white edges because of AA & hard edges, but they shouldn't be very noticeable - I have no idea if I can improve that yet, this is a good learning experience. You may get some if you're running KSPRC because something in there is getting at just about all part shaders.
* FAR aerovis compatibility -  lift/drag/stall tinting like stock parts ( although that could be a recent FAR change too ).

I want to sort out some of the blending when you've coloured a part in a dark colour & the overlays come up bright white, but that will require dismantling the assets first.

I'd especially like someone with a Mac to test because I haven't really checked OpenGL, because it runs like a slug for me :(

Tried and didn't have any issue with it. Although I didn't realy observerved carfefuly all textures and differences between previous and this one. Transparent wings are noticable change in SPH, but again, I didn't have too much trouble with them before, so I didn't realy paid attention to it either.

On 16/05/2016 at 9:55 AM, Matuchkin said:

I go on Bitbucket, and see a million files, including some uncertain "PSSM-01" thing. Which .zip do I download?

Is there any answer to my previous question? Excuse me for being self centred, but I'd really like to have this mod.

51 minutes ago, Matuchkin said:

Is there any answer to my previous question? Excuse me for being self centred, but I'd really like to have this mod.

No worries, it's easy for questions to get lost on busy threads.  The OP is out of date, releases can be downloaded here.

8 hours ago, kcs123 said:

Tried and didn't have any issue with it. Although I didn't realy observerved carfefuly all textures and differences between previous and this one. Transparent wings are noticable change in SPH, but again, I didn't have too much trouble with them before, so I didn't realy paid attention to it either.

"Nothing noticeable" is a win by itself :) thanks.

2 hours ago, Matuchkin said:

Damn, that explains all my problems. Where did you find out about that github page?

Hard to say really.  I knew that Crzyrndm was maintaining the fork and that it was now on Github, and that's been the case for a while.

Well, this time I got the link through CKAN's metadata, but that was just convenience as I could have found it by hand as well.

Hello

I am using the B9 procedural wings in 1.1.2 and my plane from 1.0.5 have got weight problem. My 470T SSTO take 7T more every time I revert to SPH. The dry weight of all B9 P wings is increasing each time from 7T, the fuel quantity remaining the same. I use the B9 Pwings fork patch from Crzyrndm, here, and i got several mods that may interfere: Interstellar fuel switch, Tweascale, modular fuel tanks and Fuel tank plus.

Any idea why this is happening ? and would I get the same issue with the Plugin B9 procedural part modified for the wings?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys

I got another issue with B9 wings. It's about flight controls.

They work fine provided your plane is balanced -CL behind CG- and you take off with the plane, go to space and come back. 

Issue is when I set a plane on the top of a rocket to be sent to Eve. Here is what will perform the entry in Eve atmosphere: The tank with the speed brakes at the rear act like a pendulum and the entry is flown prograde protected by the shield. Works fine but

855769screenshot344.png

When you set the plane alone on the launch pad, if you pitch up, the stab and the aileron moved up, they move the way they should move. Ailerons move also the right way for bank.

If you set the plane like on the screen, on top of the rocket, even when the tank is empty the CG is behind the CL and the pitch move opposite way it should move. it is reversed and even cliking on the reverse option in flight or on ground won't do anything. Aileron for pitch move the right way, but ailerons for bank are reversed too and impossible to set the right way, even by clicking on reverse.

I solve the pitch problem by using a remote guidance unit and "control from here" on the main tank behind the aircraft. in that way plane Pitch is never used till the aircraft is disconnected from the rear tank.

But ailerons are still used and even if i inactivate them, once the plane is flying alone in Eve atmoshere, ailerons are reversed.....

I tried a to use 2 ailerons each side: one for pitch, one for bank. When i set the ailerons for bank "reverse" in the SPH, and launch the aircraft alone on the runway, the reverse ailerons don't work reverse, they move normal!

Reverse fonction does not seem to work.

I do not use FAR

Any idea about this issue?

I get the same issue using stock wings, when COM is behind the surfaces, they move inverted. It's the game. But what i do not understand it's why when all stuff is ejected, we get a "normal" plane COM being again ahead of the surfaces and they should move the right way as on a plane alone in the air, but they remain inverted as if the COM was still behind them. I just tested it,  after re entry, on a stock wings plane I launched on Kerbin orbit.

Edited by gilflo
new test with stock wings

I created a wing pretty much the same size as 1 of the stock wings.... yet the mass of the b9 wing is like 1810 KG and the mass of the stock wing is 13kg... I'm curious why do you make you wings with so much mass?  it's like10x + times the weight for roughly the same size....

Look at the mass.... of the part that I right click on.

sawcgim.jpg

and this b9 part

iqe1oiD.jpg

Why is roughly the same sized part weight so much more? Am I miss reading stuff? not understanding something? did I find a bug? is this intended?

Edited by Dermeister

Wing mass is directly proportional to lifting power in stock aero. The same should be true for the stock wings (mass = 10% of lift coefficient for fixed wings, 20% for control surfaces). Possibly you have fuel in these wings? Otherwise example plane/logs/etc.

3 minutes ago, Crzyrndm said:

Wing mass is directly proportional to lifting power in stock aero. The same should be true for the stock wings (mass = 10% of lift coefficient for fixed wings, 20% for control surfaces). Possibly you have fuel in these wings? Otherwise example plane/logs/etc.

NO I have 0 fuel and 0.3 structure strength... HOw do I provide logs ect? and example plane? I want ot help you guys help me as much as possible but i'm not a pro at knowing where to get the info you need. SO I need help  so that I can help you help me >_> It's a lot of helping to help I know :P! lol

6GmccAb.jpg

No fuel

Flight control inverted after back tank ejection is a issue with Dynamic control mod. when the COM is again ahead of COL, flight controls should move the right way. I do not use FAR with this mod and when i remove it from game data folder, I have no more control inverted once the back tank is ejected.

Edited by gilflo

You appear to be using Realfuels,  correct? there's a known issue with MFT at least ( or was recently ).

Upload your log to Dropbox or similar & link it here. I'd say do the same with as basic a craft as possible but I'm not sure how much help that will be with your moved game.

On ‎6‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 6:57 PM, Van Disaster said:

You appear to be using Realfuels,  correct? there's a known issue with MFT at least ( or was recently ).

Upload your log to Dropbox or similar & link it here. I'd say do the same with as basic a craft as possible but I'm not sure how much help that will be with your moved game.

G4V3lHY.jpg

This part has negative mass O_o So there's something weird going on. Posted logs below and craft file.

I noticed something as I was redoing my shuttle from scratch..... at first when I build the Wings the mass seemed fine like  let's say 500kg but then something interesting happened.... When I saved and reloaded the craft all the wing masses had tripled some even were in the negative mass.

Here's a log of all the mods i'm using. If you need anything else let me know. But so far I was able to recreate this 3X on 3.

KSP: 1.1.2 (Win64) - Unity: 5.2.4f1 - OS: Windows 10  (10.0.0) 64bit
B9 Animation Modules - 1.0.2
B9 Part Switch - 1.4.2
B9 Aerospace - 6.1.1
B9 Aerospace Procedural Parts - 0.40.7
Chatterer - 0.9.8.1230
Community Resource Pack - 0.5.2
CryoEngines - 0.2.1
DMagic Orbital Science - 1.3
EditorExtensionsRedux - 3.2.4
Ferram Aerospace Research - 0.15.6.5
Firespitter - 7.2.3
Interstellar Fuel Switch - 2.0.7
RasterPropMonitor - 0.26
Kerbal Attachment System - 0.5.8
Kerbal Engineer Redux - 1.1.1
Kerbal Joint Reinforcement - 3.1.7
Kerbal Inventory System - 1.2.11
KSP-AVC Plugin - 1.1.6.1
ModularFlightIntegrator - 1.1.5
Docking Port Alignment Indicator - 6.3
NRAP - 1.5.1.1
PlanetShine - 0.2.5
Procedural Wings - 0.11.1
Procedural Parts - 1.2.4
RCS Build Aid - 0.8
RCS Sounds - 5.0
RealChute - 1.4.1.1
RealSolarSystem - 11.2
SCANsat - 1.1.6.1
ShipManifest - 5.1
SolverEngines - 2.1
TextureReplacer - 2.4.13
Trajectories - 1.6.2

Here is a link to the Log file and the craft file. It's on drop box let me know if the link doesn't work.https://www.dropbox.com/s/j01n3m8zlnm59m8/Log and craft file For help with B9wings.rar?dl=0

Edited by Dermeister

You can find "output_log.txt" file in "..\KerbalSpaceProgram\KSP_x64_Data\" folder or in "..\KSP_Data\" in case you use 32 bit version.

Craft file can be found in "..\KerbalSpaceProgram\saves\<chosen savename>\Ships\SPH\" folder.

There is also "How to get support guide" with more detailed instructions.
Thing that is also useful in debug procedure is "ModuleManager.ConfigCache" file that can be found in GameData folder.

19 hours ago, kcs123 said:

You can find "output_log.txt" file in "..\KerbalSpaceProgram\KSP_x64_Data\" folder or in "..\KSP_Data\" in case you use 32 bit version.

Craft file can be found in "..\KerbalSpaceProgram\saves\<chosen savename>\Ships\SPH\" folder.

There is also "How to get support guide" with more detailed instructions.
Thing that is also useful in debug procedure is "ModuleManager.ConfigCache" file that can be found in GameData folder.

Was the log and craft file helpful?

I added the link for them in my above post.! hope it will help you guys figure out what's going on.

Edited by Dermeister
Added craft file and log

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.