Jump to content

[1.0.2] B9 Aerospace | Procedural Parts 0.40 | Updated 09.06.15


Recommended Posts

35 minutes ago, AccidentalDisassembly said:

Anyone else having the issue where control surfaces used as flaps and placed in mirror symmetry don't deploy in the same direction? Just wondering if I've messed something up with my install/version/something or if there's actually a problem.

I was having issues with this in the past, but those were come from old craft file imported in latest KSP version. Not many aircraft created in KSP 1.3.1 yet, but this one worked fine:

s2Gxs7h.jpg

It's from career game, early in playtrough with very limited parts, part number and weight fo rdecent aircraft, but it payed off for couple of science contracts as well as some tourist panorame flights.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, kcs123 said:

I was having issues with this in the past, but those were come from old craft file imported in latest KSP version. Not many aircraft created in KSP 1.3.1 yet, but this one worked fine:

s2Gxs7h.jpg

It's from career game, early in playtrough with very limited parts, part number and weight fo rdecent aircraft, but it payed off for couple of science contracts as well as some tourist panorame flights.

FAR does stuff to flaps that prevents this, I think - at least it doesn't show up when I have FAR installed, but seems to be broken (at least visually) without FAR.

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, AccidentalDisassembly said:

FAR does stuff to flaps that prevents this, I think - at least it doesn't show up when I have FAR installed, but seems to be broken (at least visually) without FAR.

Yep, it might be that. In previous version of KSP when it twas take long time for ferram to update FAR, I have played with stock aero. That might be a reason why that bug was present back then and I don't see it now.

Link to post
Share on other sites

For some reason I can't modify the wings at all. It seems that it also tries to load all of the leading/trailing edge models and textures at once as well.

E: Nevermind, I had clearly messed something up royally. All good.

Edited by falken
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, BlackWing Pilot said:

Can i use this mod for ksp 1.3.1?

Yep.

EDIT: Well, kinda. bac9 and Crzyrndm are no longer actively maintaining the mod, with the thread regarding Crzyrndm's involvement posted here. That thread contains a version of B9 Procedural Wings that does work in 1.3.x. I use those wings in pretty much every design I actively fly. Makes me a little concerned about what's going to happen when 1.4 rolls out...

Mods, it might not hurt to lock down the thread with the link to the new thread in the final post.

Edited by capi3101
self-correction
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys. I've tried installing this on a current steam update of KSP twice and had it completely break the game twice. I've tried scanning this thread for information but come up with nothing. I get an error stating I'm running an unsupported version of KSP and then the program crashes and gives me a massive error log. Any thoughts?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 months later...

I'm using the 0.50 fork to play in 1.4.3 and it worked yesterday, but today the mod won't work properly. I can't get wing data screen to open to modify wings when I load a ship, and it gets really wonky with the "press J" to show wing data even if I try placing a new wing just to be able to get the pop-up menu to appear. Eventually the "press J to modify wing" pop up disappears completely, as well as the black box in the bottom right part of the editor screen.

So it seems the only way it can work is if I place a new wing, be happy with it, save, and never want to edit that wing again in a single game session.

The "show wing data" blue button in the right-click on wing parts menu doesn't do anything (but didn't do anything either yesterday).

How sad. This is SO much more fun to play with than the default wings, which to be very plainly frank are excrements since unlike rockets they lack connecting node points, making building a custom wing a very, very major pain in the ass.

Curiously, disconnecting and then connecting the wing again makes one wing flip upside down: https://imgur.com/p4ehoDh

Edited by Wagmaster
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

I love this mod so much, but I'm having trouble designing around them because I can't see wing data in the VAB. If I click the "show wing data" button, nothing happens? I can see how weight changes and they seem to be heavier than normal wings, but how do I see lifting area?

I'm using Crzyrndm's B9 PWings Fork v0.40.13, with KSP 1.3.1.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/23/2018 at 9:24 PM, 1straycat said:

I love this mod so much, but I'm having trouble designing around them because I can't see wing data in the VAB. If I click the "show wing data" button, nothing happens? I can see how weight changes and they seem to be heavier than normal wings, but how do I see lifting area?

I'm using Crzyrndm's B9 PWings Fork v0.40.13, with KSP 1.3.1.

B9 Pwings was made to work with FAR. It does function with stock but not as well. With FAR you will be able to visually see the lifting area in the SPH/VAB as well as set the wing mass to reduce its weight:
 

 

Edited by Jebman82
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/24/2018 at 8:05 PM, Jebman82 said:

B9 Pwings was made to work with FAR. I does function with stock but not as well. With FAR you will be able to visually see the lifting area in the SPH/VAB as well as set the wing mass to reduce its weight:

I see, thanks. Do you know if FAR significantly reduces performance with many parts? The voxel model sounds more intense, and I was looking into procedural wings mainly to reduce the number of parts in the first place.

Edited by 1straycat
fail quote
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 1straycat said:

I see, thanks. Do you know if FAR significantly reduces performance with many parts? The voxel model sounds more intense, and I was looking into procedural wings mainly to reduce the number of parts in the first place.

I find the parts saved using Pwings will more than make up for the FAR performace. Tbh I’ve never really noticed much of a performance hit using FAR!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, lilbat said:

I can't find a way to make the mod work in 1.3 (maybe because it's meant to be working in 1.3) i have the parts but i can't acces the menu to modify theses parts.

You need to hover over wing with mouse cursor and then press "J" (default key) to open menu for modification of PW parts. If does not work for you it can be that you messed up install somehow, or menu is showing outside of your visible display area.

Link to post
Share on other sites
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...