[1.4.2] Kaboom! v1.1.3 - Another way to not go to space today! Detonate parts from EVA / Part Menu

russnash37

Kaboom!

What is Kaboom!?

Kaboom! is a very simple mod for KSP that allows the destruction of individual parts:

• Kaboom parts either through the right-click menu or via action groups.
  • Parts can be kaboomed either immediately or via a tweakable delay timer of up to 30 seconds.
  • Kabooms can also be set by kerbals on EVA.

Future planned features:

• Kabooming of parts via staging.
Javascript is disabled. View full album

Download

Download from GitHub

Download from SpaceDock

Source on GitHub

License

Kaboom! is released under an open license, feel free to modify and re-release Kaboom! just be sure to link back to the original version and to also include this license.

Edited by russnash37
Update download sites

I'm currently working on the ability to add the kabooming of parts to the staging list, although this is proving tricky in terms of allowing it to be turned on/off and integrating it with parts that are already stage-able. I'm also trying to get my head around how the staging is handled code-wise.

Well, I am going to use it for a rather different purpose than it was made for. My Kasholo 1 Mission (Apollo Style missions using mods) has been jeopardized by the fact that the Spacey 2.5m to 3.75m payload fairing have become welded to the lander's engine. I don't know how, but the engine is definitely attached to the fairing. Whack-a-kerbal was not working, so I am hoping with this I will be able to destroy the rogue fairing and save the mission.

Edit: Success! It did work perfectly fine, so the mission will continue as it normally would without thes eissues.

Edited by mike9606

Well, I am going to use it for a rather different purpose than it was made for. My Kasholo 1 Mission (Apollo Style missions using mods) has been jeopardized by the fact that the Spacey 2.5m to 3.75m payload fairing have become welded to the lander's engine. I don't know how, but the engine is definitely attached to the fairing. Whack-a-kerbal was not working, so I am hoping with this I will be able to destroy the rogue fairing and save the mission.

Edit: Success! It did work perfectly fine, so the mission will continue as it normally would without thes eissues.

That's awesome! I've had a couple of these myself, put a nice telescope in a high Kerbin orbit with an ion drive for changing it's orbit if I needed to... but forgot to place a decoupler between the ion drive and the fairing... doh!

That's awesome! I've had a couple of these myself, put a nice telescope in a high Kerbin orbit with an ion drive for changing it's orbit if I needed to... but forgot to place a decoupler between the ion drive and the fairing... doh!

I had a decouple, so I dunno what happened. Anyways, I discovered that the lander did not have enough fuel to land during the braking burn being done by mechjeb. The lander did survive, but the engine was destroyed. Jeb and Bill currently await rescue.

Great mod! I had been looking for a while for a mod that allows me to separate parts.

My example:

Very large space plane, in event of catastrophe it'll break the crew compartment away from the rest of the craft.

There isn't a separator for the Mark II or Mark IV cockpits, so this is the perfect mod for it.

With the advanced cunard, and a parachute as a backup I can typically land the Crew Cabin alone.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Personally, as a game-wide setting. I want it so it can be another use for Eva kerbals, representing them taking some c4 out there and detonating it by hand when something gets stuck :)

theres a mod for that called Chop IT. THat forces EVA. This mod in particular lets you blow of parts that are stuck on craft due to game bugs ....aka failed decouplers.

I LOVE THIS MOD!! THANK YOU AUTHOR!

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
9 minutes ago, russnash37 said:

Can't believe you guys are still using this old mod of mine!

I haven't been able to play KSP for a long time, mainly due to work, but am finding some time to get back into it now.

Please do return to us... :D

thanks!

my only complaint is you used version "1.1.1" in your versioning already in december 26 of 2014 apparently which confused me. I downloaded the master branch instead and I'm sure things work fine now (seems to be latest module manager at least, and you know, not 2 years old:D).

Cheers.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.