How did YOU find KSP?

Anister

Steam kept advertising it to me. I cynically thought it couldn't possibly deliver what it claimed, so I ignored it for a couple months. Snagged it on a 40% sale without having watched any gameplay videos or done any research. An hour later I bought another copy for a friend, and have bought two more since then.

Does anyone remember any of those notch's Temple and Jebs Temple videos from minecraft? when I was watching the Jeb's temple there was a video by syzygy (scott's old youtube name) and it was called Jebs Dream or Jebs plan did anyone else see that? it was just after they added rcs and scott ran out of it in orbit but had a long ship so he spun it fast enough and let the capsule go and the periaps decreased. anyone else remember that? No? ok...:blush:

Loving the limitations of the early stages of the career mode.

I managed to get to the moon with only a launchpad upgrade to level 2 and buying a few parts. Playing on hard mode rewards but with quicksave enabled.

I really have to grind out some cash and science but its worth it as it makes the bigger missions feel very rewarding.

Squad are VERY close to nailing this game down as an all time classic, I could be playing this for 10 years or more! I hope for DLC and many official patches, for now I will just buy the merchendise to keep thanking them for making a fantastic game, I have still a long way to go to repay what I feel this game is worth.

I paid just over a tenner for this and I feel I should have paid £50 (At least)!

I watched Day9 play it some time back and I thought to myself "Hey, I can totally do a better job of it than this guy" and bought it on steam.

I DID THE SAME EXACT THING! (Seriously he should just stick to Starcraft and Hearthstone he's awful at everything else):sticktongue:

I found out about it two years ago (technically three now with it being 2015, but we're only 2 days in so I won't count it :P) from Manice08 on youtube. He only did one video of it as he mainly did minecraft but from there I found more people to watch the game from, like Scott Manley and Pleborian.

I discovered the game for almost exactly one year ago. I watched a semi-popular youtuber play Spore, and one day I found out that he also published lets-plays from a game called "Kerbal Space Program". My first thought before I bothered watching a video of it was that it was a game where you managed and owned a company sending rockets to space, not a simulatur featuring REAL newtonian physics.

Edited by Thorium

OMG, I had replied to this back before the great forum crash, and now I can't remember where from.

All I remember is basically a real life FRY moment. Grabbed my wallet, found their website, made my account,

shouted TAKE MY MONEY, installed, and been playing/modding/videoing/etc ever since!

I stumbled upon a KSP thread on dobrochan (a russian anonymous imageboard) once. I looked at it and thought something along the lines of "wow, that thing seems really complicated". Fast forward to me browsing the steam store and stumbling upon KSP. Hey, it has a free demo, why don't I try that? So I did. Then I watched some Scott Manley vids and played the tutorials. After that I killed Jeb a couple times, got an orbit on my ~5th try, added KSP to my steam wishlist and went to the Mun. As I was exploring the Munar arches, Steam put the game on sale. I bought it. I also bought it later from the store, too, because I disliked steam's in-place updates and wanted to pay the full price to support development.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.