Roblox

Kinglet

• 1 month later...
<sarcasm>RÃ…Âblox is no cheap buggy rip off of minecraft. Minecraft clearly copied RÃ…Âblox. I don't play both games, but RÃ…Âblox is pi times better than Minecrap</sarcasm>

FTFY (i hope)

Anyways, I happen to occasionally enjoy roblox, mostly because It feels good to know that your are most likely the on person on that particular server that can form a coherent sentence, and if there are other people on the server who can say more than "HACKER!!!", then the conversations that result are usually pretty fun.

Edited by temporalExile

RÃ…Âblox is no cheap buggy rip off of minecraft. Minecraft clearly copied RÃ…Âblox. I don't play both games, but RÃ…Âblox is pi times better than Minecrap

tumblr_m8vu7piGbC1qi6mbr_zpsca8d4dfd.gif

Nobody copied anything off of anybody.

I honestly get tired of the people who say:

"OMG YOU BUILD IN THE GAME SO YOU COPIED MINECRAFT!!!"

Heck, I've literally seen people leave ROBLOX for this reason:

"Hey, they just got dynamic lighting! You copied that from Minecraft! That's it, I'm leaving!"

I wanted to throw my computer out the window after that.

Ah, ROBLOX. Yeah, it's really gone downhill. The well-built games with dedicated developers (no, I'm not patting myself on the back here. I personally sucked) go unnoticed and forgotten while "roleplay in the copied, built in two hours, pay-to-win [insert overused theme here]" dominates the front page for months.

I honestly don't know what happened. Too many five-year-olds playing it now? :P

Ah, ROBLOX. Yeah, it's really gone downhill. The well-built games with dedicated developers (no, I'm not patting myself on the back here. I personally sucked) go unnoticed and forgotten while "roleplay in the copied, built in two hours, pay-to-win [insert overused theme here]" dominates the front page for months.

I honestly don't know what happened. Too many five-year-olds playing it now? :P

What makes me cringe is the community stupidity. People take the titles of awesome forgotten games, slap "survive in" or "tycoon" on them, and poof, they have thousands of players online. Good games also get monetized by their creators very often, turning them into p2w hellholes where people can pay money to get griefing privileges.

What makes me cringe is the community stupidity. People take the titles of awesome forgotten games, slap "survive in" or "tycoon" on them, and poof, they have thousands of players online. Good games also get monetized by their creators very often, turning them into p2w hellholes where people can pay money to get griefing privileges.

Gotta admit, that's totally true. That's why I don't even plays games that much; only play games I know are good, because if the creator knows what they're doing I should be able to tell the quality of the game just from looking at the title and thumbnails. Unfortunately, that's where false advertising destroys and rips apart everything fun about Roblox.

Good rule of thumb? Just assume all games on the front page are terrible.

• 4 months later...

ive made a lot of good friends there, and played it for over 2 years, but now the comunity is just a bunch of kids, the places are most "free models" and its filld with fnaf crap, and instead of doing new stuff, the devs get an old one and retexture it

Yeah, the unfortunate thing about ROBLOX's decline is that it does have a really good building system. I mean, I thought it was mediocre until I started looking into Blender and Unity. Real life game development is freaking hard, and I'm amazed that ROBLOX's engine manages to simplify it so well.

(Note here: I'm not talking about building with the freemodels and Minecraft-like system. Everyone agrees that those suck. Once you really do get into advanced building and especially scripting, though, you'll be amazed at how complex these games can get.)

But I just can't tell what the admins are trying to do. Half the time, they're publishing guides and blog posts and reaching out to indie development companies... the other half, they're getting deals with Disney and pretty much intensifying the five-year-old portion of the community. :huh:

All I know is that my friend literally begs for me too play Roblox and I say no every time. We have a little Minecraft-Roblox debate war going on. So far team Minecraft outnumbers team Roblox 3-1. But I don't really have a problem with the game, it's only the serious fans.

http://i887.photobucket.com/albums/ac80/xiaomei23mai/tumblr_m8vu7piGbC1qi6mbr_zpsca8d4dfd.gif

Nobody copied anything off of anybody.

I honestly get tired of the people who say:

"OMG YOU BUILD IN THE GAME SO YOU COPIED MINECRAFT!!!"

Heck, I've literally seen people leave ROBLOX for this reason:

"Hey, they just got dynamic lighting! You copied that from Minecraft! That's it, I'm leaving!"

I wanted to throw my computer out the window after that.

And minecraft is awesome and is in no way a copy of roblox.

Edited by Rainbowtrout

That is a reaction gif and reaction gifs are illegal on these forums.

Backseat moderation is illegal. However, a .gif combined with a post is not. Only posts that purely are reaction .gifs are not allowed.

2.3 section c:

Messages that only contain images in response to a certain subject dependent to the context of the thread (ie. reaction images);

*Shutters* I remember leaving that game back in 2012, played since 2010 before then, I agree that it has an extremely toxic community. In fact, it is the worst community I think I experienced in a game... ever! The "groups" have turned into idiotic armies that think they have power when they are just groups of little kids thinking they are cool, stealing of textures, models and games happen 24/7 and has become normal, the staff and moderators of the game are a complete joke and are horribly greedy, making the game horrendously filled with micro-transactions and lastly the players themselves while in-game are some of the harshest and immature people I've seen online. I am actually to the point of being afraid of that game, I wouldn't touch it with a mile-long pole!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.