[v1.3!] Silisko Industries Doughnut Research & Spacecraft Development

NovaSilisko

@ Silisko: I\'m refining my mun candidate (which would be going quicker if you would just release your lander :P), and I wanted to ask if the docking claw is working? I cannot for life of me get two seperated stages to reconnect using it.

The idea is, using the stackable chute, to put a habitation module and return tank / engine on top the lander. Then when it\'s in a stable mun orbit, detach the lander, land, ascend, redock to habitation module. Once redocked we burn home. However as I say I cannot get the docking claws to work, and attempts at docking take a bit of time to set up (fun though).

Cheers.

Heh no, its a placeholder. If you look at the part.cfg file its currently actually a parachute-type.. though I\'ve never tried to use it as one.

Oh, is there a reason for mod parts showing up red in the VAB? Was about to make a topic to ask for help, also couldn\'t find anything about it alsewhere on the forums. If there is a sollution I would like to know it very much. Tnanx

Oh, is there a reason for mod parts showing up red in the VAB? Was about to make a topic to ask for help, also couldn\'t find anything about it alsewhere on the forums. If there is a sollution I would like to know it very much. Tnanx

Its a common problem with an easy fix.

On windows, go into the parts folder, find the part showing red. Open its folder. Open the texture folder for the part. Right click the texture, select edit. It should open it in paint. File > save. Open KSP and the part is no longer red.

In short, open the texture in paint and save it

If you run KSP in wine for linux then editing with GIMP also works (not tried any other softwares).

I don\'t have a mac and don\'t know what the default image editor is but I assume the above method works.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest GroundHOG-2010

no. It has the K1 which looks like the N1 but only has one simalar engine and 3 fuel tanks and 2 decoupers.

Just noticed something weird about this pack. All three 1.75m engines are slightly off the centre, meaning the thrust of any spacecraft using these engines isn\'t quite through the center of gravity. This makes using them that bit more difficult.

Might I request you make an update just to fix this and the red textures remaining in 0.11? Pretty please? ;D

Thanks Tiberion. :D

Lol guys. As part of my top secret project, (Prj- 12a) I was planning on getting the mods my Mun-ship needs and the .craft file onto the Desktop for easy installation into 0.12 so I can get to the Mun asap and try and win the race. :)

But I just realised instead of the menial task of sorting through all the 400+ mod parts the find the right ones I could just take the mod packs. :D

Sooooo much easier.

Just noticed something weird about this pack. All three 1.75m engines are slightly off the centre, meaning the thrust of any spacecraft using these engines isn\'t quite through the center of gravity. This makes using them that bit more difficult.

Might I request you make an update just to fix this and the red textures remaining in 0.11? Pretty please? ;D

For the thrust part, it might not be his fault. I have noticed the behaviour in MANY engines, even out of this pack. I made a thread in the development, I think there\'s something wrong with thrust. So far, the KW pack and possibly my Firelark engine is affected by this.

Say, it DOES cause your craft to react in unexpected manners, doesn\'t it?

It does, it causes my ship to list in the opposite direction to the direction in which the engine is offset. I believe the engine\'s position is specifically what\'s causing this, because they\'re all about I\'d say 30-50cm offset from the centre.