[v1.3!] Silisko Industries Doughnut Research & Spacecraft Development

NovaSilisko

it should work... just make sure you don't have decouplers separating your ignition stage 'away', i.e. put the ignition one stage AFTER the separation, and you should be able to trigger it even if it's detached ::)

Has a way to activate parts after detaching been implemented yet in the game? I can't seem to build a system where the payload assist works effectively.

Put the PAM and payload on top of the command module with a decoupler under the PAM and above the 'chute.

Arrange the PAM to fire before the decoupler, fire rocket, fire decoupler.

If Nova could do an upside down PAM, it would be easier.

Am I the only one unable to use the Omniscient Bertha because something causes it to pop off after a set amount of usage? It's powerful and everything, but after a while, it pops off. Haven't found a way for it not to happen. Maybe the exhaust is slowly damaging it?

Am I the only one unable to use the Omniscient Bertha because something causes it to pop off after a set amount of usage? It's powerful and everything, but after a while, it pops off. Haven't found a way for it not to happen. Maybe the exhaust is slowly damaging it?

throttle control.. once its off the ground you really don't need more then 3/4 throttle. once you are past about 10000 meters you can drop the throttle a little more, once past 36000 meters you can drop it almost to half throttle and still accelerate. you can not leave it at full throttle otherwise it will overheat.

That happens to me too, keep it throttled down to 80-85% or so. Continuous 100% will knock it off the tank.

throttle control.. once its off the ground you really don't need more then 3/4 throttle. once you are past about 10000 meters you can drop the throttle a little more, once past 36000 meters you can drop it almost to half throttle and still accelerate. you can not leave it at full throttle otherwise it will overheat.

What if I want to?

Also, I believe I found the problem, lemme check if my home fix helps. Be back in a while for the results. Results are positive, although the stand-in values I used for the fix are perhaps a bit high. Still, for those who are interested (and with Silisko's permission), I can upload the 'fixed' config file.

I shall however remain silent on the subject if it was in Silisko's intentions for it to be like this (although by looking at the file either it was a forgetting or a non-knowledge)

What if I want to?

Also, I believe I found the problem, lemme check if my home fix helps. Be back in a while for the results. Results are positive, although the stand-in values I used for the fix are perhaps a bit high. Still, for those who are interested (and with Silisko's permission), I can upload the 'fixed' config file.

I shall however remain silent on the subject if it was in Silisko's intentions for it to be like this (although by looking at the file either it was a forgetting or a non-knowledge)

I never noticed that happening for me. But, I almost never throttle things up to 100% unless I'm just being silly.

I noticed this when I needed two of them for my first rocket's stage (yes I know it's a lot, even then I had to complement the engine with SRBs until the first fuel tank is empty otherwise it wouldn't be enough. For reference, the whole rocket is taller than the VAB and the first stage alone is almost as tall and wide as the launch tower), not using them 100% means falling back to atmosphere for me.

If you want I'll send it over, although you might need a mod or two to make it work. Off the top of my head I can name SP's stuff (who doesn't have it nowadays) and the lander legs (I found out they're extremely convenient to avoid the sticky pad glitch AND the engines-falling-off-before-launch problem), along with the side booster stuff (not entirely sure about that one). But on the plus side, it requires close to zero user interaction to fly, and can do much anything you ask it (Managed to get to 1000KM and back alive within a half hour, and has the moduling and agility to be able to get in orbit. Probably could deorbit too.)

Could you make a part with the same dimensions as the 'HH-78ab Small Fuel Tank' but without the fuel as an accommodation module?

Slightly more mass than the empty tank, same drag figures, maybe with a couple windows like the pod has, but totally useless apart from for looks.

Nova's new stellar probe sitting in the cargo bay of my Titan IV launch vehicle.

I'm tempted to build one of those myself, but attach a booster/small rocket to it that ignites after/before decoupling it.

Russian rocket problems? The damn thing just doesn't have enough thrust? The solution: American strap-on boosters!

Nah. I just made a new generation ship that sports five of them buggers. That thing, when it doesn't decide that it's taking a day off, can reach 1000km and 2 km/s. It's a monostage craft.

Hmm... Hey, Nova, ran into an amusing issue with your small-scale decoupler. It's, umm, rather flexible. Had one of your probes and a payload assist module on the front of my rocket, stacked on top of a nano-decoupler and a stackable parachute. On launch, the satellite and PAM both 'sagged' over at the decoupler, pulling the rocket sideways and off course.

Any way of correcting this beyond duck tape struts?

Oh, also, can you adjust the 1.75-2m adapter to flow fuel?

will these parts work with the latest KSP version .9? the tooltips and all work but when i try to assemble a spaceship with them i just hear a short buzz sound and then the item disappears. am i doing something wrong or are these parts just not compatible with the latest version? thanks

will these parts work with the latest KSP version .9? the tooltips and all work but when i try to assemble a spaceship with them i just hear a short buzz sound and then the item disappears. am i doing something wrong or are these parts just not compatible with the latest version? thanks

Nova updated the pack to be compatible with 0.9. Make sure you removed all old part folders before installing the latest version. Some part names have changed and using the older orphaned parts cause funny things to happen.

Open the debug window(ALT-F2) and you should be able to see some messages to help you determine which parts are causing problems.

Arrr!

Capt'n Skunky