[v1.3!] Silisko Industries Doughnut Research & Spacecraft Development

NovaSilisko

I gave the PAM a spin today (literally). In order to stabilize the PAM and payload, I had to spin the vehicle at full rotation, other wise the PAM just flipped the payload end over end.

The second and primary issue is when I fired the PAM from a non-thrusting vehicle, the PAM fell behind even though the PAM rocket was going. It went forward due to the decouplers impulse, but then the PAM fell behind the vehicle.

New parts and changes so far:

Added a new mini engine for orbital adjustment and landings on airless bodies

Added tiny 1m hollow decoupler, for the above engine

Added scientific module for decorative purposes

Added deployable airbag (nonfunctional for now)

Updated several textures

Added a full set of lunar lander parts (legs, descent fuel tank, ascent fuel tank, decouplers)

N1 engine made much stronger(not more powerful), hopefully preventing it from spontaneously detaching.

Added a new mini engine for orbital adjustment and landings on airless bodies

Added tiny 1m hollow decoupler, for the above engine

Added scientific module for decorative purposes

Added deployable airbag (nonfunctional for now)

Updated several textures

Added a full set of lunar lander parts (legs, descent fuel tank, ascent fuel tank, decouplers)

N1 engine made much stronger(not more powerful), hopefully preventing it from spontaneously detaching.

Extremely good news, can't wait! 0yHhG.gif

I especially want to try lunar lander parts because because I have some strange issue with lander legs from this theme http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/index.php?topic=2251.0 (the rocket constantly leans to one side with lander legs).

Hells yeah, 1.75 metre quad coupler too. And a lateral coupler like the 1m versions which has a titan-like configuration. (3 connected together linearly.)

You can already get the latter by using the 1.75m lateral stack decouplers and symmetry to place two of them.

• 3 weeks later...

@ Silisko: I\'m refining my mun candidate (which would be going quicker if you would just release your lander :P), and I wanted to ask if the docking claw is working? I cannot for life of me get two seperated stages to reconnect using it.

The idea is, using the stackable chute, to put a habitation module and return tank / engine on top the lander. Then when it\'s in a stable mun orbit, detach the lander, land, ascend, redock to habitation module. Once redocked we burn home. However as I say I cannot get the docking claws to work, and attempts at docking take a bit of time to set up (fun though).

Cheers.