[1.0] Mk3 Mini Expansion Pack (Mk3 NoseCone and Alternate Cockpit)

K.Yeon

First off: Congratulations, this is probably one of my favourite mods, for doing a wonderful job so neat and tidily. :D

Small balance point: The airline cockpit feels like it's a little too fragile and either too heavy or too pricy at the moment; I figure if it's going to be the Not Going To Space Today, it's probably got some savings in there somewhere.

I second this motion! also, I'd like to propose dedicated Mk. 3 bi/tri/quad couplers?

I certainly don't - I like these extra parts, but not massive shipments. The cargo bay doors could be handy, though. And I'd love tri/quad couplers, I do confess. I've been using the Mk3-2.5m adapters, but it's just not quite the same. ;)

Can you do a rear cargo ramp like C-17 one or a cockpit for loading cargo like AN-225 one?

There's one in the SXT pack, available as a seprate download.

As for request, I would find a mk3 sized reaction wheel or probe core quite usefull... Would that be in the scope of this mod? Anyway, great parts!

Edited by Initar

• 2 weeks later...
SXT one is curved, and its hard to load stuff in :P

... You know, I was going to scoff at that, but I've actually gone and tried it.

It's not bad, but probably the biggest sin is that the cargo tail curves down - I much prefer the more stock Mk3 to Mk2 adapter, that lifts the tail up neatly and keeps the top roofline straight.

So yeah, actually, a cargo door to go with that pretty nose actually would be pretty cool. If, y'know, you ever felt like it. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Is it possible for you to add a MK3 Cockpit that has an opening nose with a configurable ramp like the 1.0.5 cargo rear ramp (similar to the Russian cargo planes)? That would be nice since building a plane similar to the 'Mallard' and flying it (which pitches 1 meter per billion years) is painful...

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...