[1.0.4]Better Buoyancy v1.4 - obsolete as of 1.0.5; 7/29/15

ferram4

I have held off on installing either mod due to the astrolice issue. Sounds like better buoyancy is safe for my install from what you guys are saying? I would eventually like to be able to give jool's rings a few asteroids to visit, but I can wait. I'd rather be able to ditch at higher speed now.

FYI looks like this module conflicts with Hangar (http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/88933-0-90-0-Hangar-v2-0-2-2/page41) - (vehicles are launched far away from hangar and it doesn't automatically switch to the vehicle)

Taking into account the other issue reported earlier with custom asteroid, it looks like BB might be causing issues with any mod that does "spawning" of items (so I haven't tried but i wouldn't be surprised if extra-planetary launchpads would break too

Edited by yannickm

FYI looks like this module conflicts with Hangar (http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/88933-0-90-0-Hangar-v2-0-2-2/page41) - (vehicles are launched far away from hangar and it doesn't automatically switch to the vehicle)

Taking into account the other issue reported earlier with custom asteroid, it looks like BB might be causing issues with any mod that does "spawning" of items (so I haven't tried but i wouldn't be surprised if extra-planetary launchpads would break too

Other than one incident that may or may not be related, I haven't noticed anything untoward that I could blame BB while using EL (looking at the logs, everything was definitely a problem in EL itself). That one incident, my new ship spawned some distance from my orbital dock, and I think it began to fall from the sky (wasn't actually orbiting), but reload and respawn "fixed" it.

That said, I would appreciate it if anyone can get me logs showing problems with EL spawning vessels with BB installed (even if only BB or only EL are shown in the stack traces).

He's not sinking; he's floating right below the surface, there's a big difference.

Anyway, not much I can do; Kerbals are just too dense. Ocean is already twice as dense as water, and the size of the Kerbals is set as the volume of human beings (which is a fair bit larger than Kerbals are). Not much I can do when I've already weighted it so much in their favor.

I got this mod for the reason stated in the description (fixes RSS's bouncy water), but whenever my ships touch the water, they just evaporate. The capsule touched the water at ~12 m/s and it was just gone. No splash, no explosion. At first I thought I was somehow just coming in too quickly and misread the speed, so I tried a new launch and ensured that I was coming in slowly. The same thing happened. If I take the mod out, I can splashdown safely, but with the addition of the new button for returning to the space center being below the recover button, I am not able to recover ships in the bouncy water.

Any ideas?

He's not sinking; he's floating right below the surface, there's a big difference.

Anyway, not much I can do; Kerbals are just too dense. Ocean is already twice as dense as water, and the size of the Kerbals is set as the volume of human beings (which is a fair bit larger than Kerbals are). Not much I can do when I've already weighted it so much in their favor.

That's a shame, but nothing to be done, I suppose. Thanks anyway, it's still a great mod :)

Is this compatible with Firespitters' flotability modules? Can't try it now, not at the computer, but wondering how will they work.

I hope they don't call the kraken :P

Amazing mod, i can finally *try to* use boats to move around my future laythe base :)

Cheers!

Edited by tajampi

HI! I'm trying to land an VTOL aircraft in water, and, even with 0 horizontal velocity and 1m/s vertical velocity, my craft simply explodes seconds after it touches the water due to "atmosferic stress" failure.

I tried to land several times: . I tryied with firespitter floaters, USI Survivability floaties, and even without any floatation device - every test with almost 0 horizontal speed and 1m/s vertical speed.

I'm using Better Bouyancy, FAR and Deadly reentry (and a lot other mods, like mechjeb, vertical velocity controller, Davon Throttle Control systems and a lot of parts....), with kerbal 0.90 x64 running in ubuntu 14.04

Sorry for my poor english, i'm from Brazil and i still learning how to write in english.

Hypothetically, what would happen if you changed the kerbals density? If it can even be done.

Is a water wings mod a possibility? LOL

I can just imagine, Jeb floating around in the ocean, with one of those Inflatable Duck Tubes around his waist. :cool:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.