I am planning a new PC for STREAMING KSP. Do I want/need anything special?

HafCoJoe

Hello everyone, Avera9eJoe here.

I am planning out a new computer for under $750 made for streaming KSP. I know I need a beefier graphics card than other requirements but is there anything special I need?

Here is my current list: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/UndullingBlade/saved/hHnj4D

Any information you can give me would be useful.

What do you mean by streaming? Like streaming KSP from 1 pc to another or streaming to twitch or such?

As in streaming on Twitch. I posted a question on the PCPartPicker forum as well. You can probably just judge their information and tell me if you find that to be the case.

http://pcpartpicker.com/forums/topic/65511-modest-nvidia-based-ksp-streaming-pc-does-this-look-good

They seem to suggest sticking with stock fans and upgrading my CPU. Does that sound better?

Edited by Avera9eJoe

Hello everyone, Avera9eJoe here.

I am planning out a new computer for under $750 made for streaming KSP. I know I need a beefier graphics card than other requirements but is there anything special I need?

Here is my current list: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/UndullingBlade/saved/hHnj4D

Any information you can give me would be useful.

This is almost the same as my rig actually. If you can, splurge a bit on a 700 or 900 series Nvidia. I am running a 650Ti and getting low frames when recording with ACTION! But if you stream via Shadowplay to Twitch you should be ok, but the 600 series take a hit when capturing. If you are going to capture locally, look to a bigger storage drive also. I have some videos over 1GB with MP4 and over 3ish GB when AVI. Other than that you should be good. Like I mentioned, it's almost the same specs I am using. But now with other games coming out I need to upgrade my 650Ti to capture with better frames. Good news is I think the 960s are coming out soon. But I am leaning to the 970s. All in preparation for Oculus Rift :)

You want a better-than-average Internet connection (5 Mbps upload?). Although, of course, this is impossible to have because of how atrocious the ISPs are in the US.

Well, I actually have 5 Mbps upload... :D

I just bought the PC too. Should be arriving within a week :).

You may want to get a extra 2x4gb sticks depending on RAM useage during streaming and playing.

I may upgrade to 16 gigs of RAM eventually, but 8 is good for now (Especially considering I've been streaming and movie making with 4GB of RAM on my old rig - and I've got good video quality if I do say so myself :))

What I'd be upgrading next would be either RAM or video card.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.