[1.1.2] Kerbal Konstructs v0.9.7.1 - Slopey Glidey

AlphaAsh

... Am I wrong to assume this only works on Kerbin? I'd love for this to allow building up bases on Mun, Minmus and beyond!...

Few posts up:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/105247-0-90-Kerbal-Konstructs-%28v0-7-1%29-Fuel-Mah-Spaceplane!?p=1671998&viewfull=1#post1671998

...also, I'd love for them to be hidden/unusable until they're discovered by flying around/scansat. ;)

That may seem like fun but when I tried that implementation it broke immersion and I didn't follow it through to release. It just didn't make sense that Kerbin would be covered in bases you don't already know of.

Few posts up:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/105247-0-90-Kerbal-Konstructs-%28v0-7-1%29-Fuel-Mah-Spaceplane!?p=1671998&viewfull=1#post1671998

That may seem like fun but when I tried that implementation it broke immersion and I didn't follow it through to release. It just didn't make sense that Kerbin would be covered in bases you don't already know of.

AlphaAsh I think after reading a few dozen posts that almost everyone has the Idea that it would be great to be able to have off Kerbin bases. I think for your own sanity you may want to address the difficulty in doing this in the main post, at least until you or a collaborator (or Squad?) find a workable solution. The Idea I expressed down thread clearly is on the minds of many people, since it has come up before and since, I posted it, so I suspect this will come up over and over again and we really don't want you to get burned out answering this question over and over again.

... so I suspect this will come up over and over again and we really don't want you to get burned out answering this question over and over again.

Thanks chap but no need to worry. I'm rather sporadic in my posting and have learnt after many years frequenting gaming forums when not to post. I have no problem just ignoring posts when I want to ;)

Few posts up:

That does make total sense, but so far--Kerbin is a vast, uninhabited paradise. Maybe it's a case of wide-flung colonies of Kerbals, finally reconnecting after the decline of a long-forgotten empire... ;)

And thanks also for the link about off-Kerbin bases. Not long after asking the question, I found all sorts of responses and comments answering my question. I'll stay tuned about that sort of thing.

... And thanks also for the link about off-Kerbin bases. Not long after asking the question, I found all sorts of responses and comments answering my question. I'll stay tuned about that sort of thing.

np. It is definitely something I want to get working, along with using the native persistency of KSP, in order to make it possible to found and upgrade bases, on and off Kerbin, per career save. Both hurdles are just proving to be very high and my shins are currently recovering from the last few attempts :)

Cheers OWK. That's been on the outstanding bugs list forever though. Still haven't found a fix for it, sorry, although something just literally popped into my head as I type this. I'll re-open the issue.

Any chance that the option to show closed bases could be made persistent? Maybe in the per-game config file?

Separately, I'm getting blank white icons for KK. I'm not using ATM, since I run Linux and have scads of memory available. KSP 0.90, KK v0.7.1 installed via CKAN

Any chance that the option to show closed bases could be made persistent? Maybe in the per-game config file?

Separately, I'm getting blank white icons for KK. I'm not using ATM, since I run Linux and have scads of memory available. KSP 0.90, KK v0.7.1 installed via CKAN

If it was installed by CKAN, there's a good chance you've got GameData/KerbalKonstructs/.. instead of GameData/medsouz/KerbalKonstructs.. which would explain the texture issues.

I can make the filters editable by the KK settings config, np.

EDIT - Confirmed that the latest CKAN setup is incorrect. I don't maintain the CKAN setup and it looks like someone was manually fixing the subdirectory issue but hasn't done so for a few versions. I'm not wanting to have to babysit CKAN so all I can suggest is bugging the CKAN devs to actually fix the issue in their automation.

Edited by AlphaAsh

Please, where exactly do the files for this program get installed. If it is the GameData does the Kerbal Konstructs folder go into GameData or just the folders in it?

Edited by Larrt_M

Please, where exactly do the files for this program get installed. If it is the GameData does the Kerbal Konstructs folder go into GameData or just the folders in it?

No. GameData/medsouz/KerbalKonstructs/*

* being all the files and subdirectories exactly as they are in the zip.

kkdirectories.png

Edited by AlphaAsh

git user "puetzk" performed a change on December 21th that causes things to be installed directly into GameData... I'll fix that on our side.

Fixed, the bot should generate correct files from now on:

Showing 104 installed files:
- GameData/medsouz
- GameData/medsouz/KerbalKonstructs
- GameData/medsouz/KerbalKonstructs/Assets
- GameData/medsouz/KerbalKonstructs/Assets/ANYMapIcon.png
- GameData/medsouz/KerbalKonstructs/Assets/DefaultSiteLogo.png
- GameData/medsouz/KerbalKonstructs/Assets/KSCLaunchpad.png

Edited by hakan
Fixed ckan file

git user "puetzk" performed a change on December 21th that causes things to be installed directly into GameData... I'll fix that on our side.

Fixed, the bot should generate correct files from now on:

Showing 104 installed files:
- GameData/medsouz
- GameData/medsouz/KerbalKonstructs
- GameData/medsouz/KerbalKonstructs/Assets
- GameData/medsouz/KerbalKonstructs/Assets/ANYMapIcon.png
- GameData/medsouz/KerbalKonstructs/Assets/DefaultSiteLogo.png
- GameData/medsouz/KerbalKonstructs/Assets/KSCLaunchpad.png

Thank you hakan.

It would appear that KK doesn't play well with Kerbal Construction Time. When I start a new career save with no mods other than KK and KCT, KCT isn't working. There isn't any crash or an output log, though. Also, the KSC facilities appear to be fully upgraded. Looks like this.

29BlC7o.png

Any ideas?

When I start a new career save with no mods other than KK ... the KSC facilities appear to be fully upgraded

KCT aside, that is known problem of the x64 version and also happens on x86 if you use an outdated version of KK. Redownload KK and reinstall and try on x86. Also unless you have intentionally disabled it, there will be an output_log.txt. It's in KSP_Data.

*nod* Thanks OWK. I haven't had my morning coffee yet and that's where I get tact, diplomacy, manners and my stunning wit from.

Still keen to see if KK still plays up without KCT being installed. That'll confirm if it is indeed the two mods having a slap-fight over something.

I also got my logs mixed up. The one that is most useful is KSP.log straight out of the GameData folder.

Hey :D

(only mods are ScanSat, MechJeb, DMP)

So I got this to make a launch pad on the opposite side of Kerbin for greater landing choice in polar orbits, but it's not working so well for me. I installed it by dropping it just like was instructed in the GameData folder, however..

1. When I go click on the base icon in the upper menu, I get this

a8f140ee1f1738668266d4003297f595.png

But when I click on anything, nothing happens.

2. When I go into the VAB or Spaceplane Hangar and click on the base icon, I get this

e6bbb5ff7bfc3a6e4e88e0029b1a516d.png

3. In the tracking station, it looks like this

7ec916120a9c05c252ce6fd51c78911d.png

The only thing on there is the 'Round Range' facility, and there are no preview images or interaction whatsoever.

KCT aside, that is known problem of the x64 version and also happens on x86 if you use an outdated version of KK. Redownload KK and reinstall and try on x86. Also unless you have intentionally disabled it, there will be an output_log.txt. It's in KSP_Data.

That is where I looked for the output_log.txt. I was surprised I couldn't find one. I can never get KSP x64 to work, so I don't use that. The version of KK I am using is the newest from the KerbalStuff site, 0.7.1, according to the zip file. After redownloading and reinstalling, however, it appears to be working! I must have derped something on the install. Thank you for your help and my apologies for taking up your time, same to AlphaAsh.

1. When I go click on the base icon in the upper menu, I get this...

<snip>

...But when I click on anything, nothing happens.

That's a bonus feature I haven't finished yet. It doesn't do anything beyond telling you the levels of the facilities at the KSC. It will do more than that in a future version of KK.

When I go into the VAB or Spaceplane Hangar and click on the base icon, I get this...

<snip>

You haven't installed KK properly which probably means everything else in this reply is moot.

3. In the tracking station, it looks like this...

That's what it should look like in Sandbox mode without a base selected.

The only thing on there is the 'Round Range' facility, and there are no preview images or interaction whatsoever.

It's Sandbox mode. There's no interaction because you don't open or close bases in Sandbox mode. They're already all open.

EDIT - And then I see funds active in the screenshots, so no it isn't Sandbox mode. Therefore it's all going to be that KK isn't installed properly. See the Installation section and Troubleshooting section of the OP.

That or it's 64 bit KSP on Windows you're playing. If that's the case, can't even start to help you. KK won't work in 64 bit KSP in Windows. The end.

Edited by AlphaAsh

Found a bug, first I was unable to get the navigation guidance working. All I had installed at that point, KerbalKonstructs aside, was KSC++ and it wouldn't select KSC as a target for guidance. After that I replaced KSC++ with KerbinSide and now I find that the guidance works for any site but the KSC runway. When I click on all the other sites in map view the NGS window shows up with the target site selected, when I click the runway the window disappears. Don't know if it is just the runway or everything else at KSC as well, but Runway is absolutely borked.

Edit. Same thing with the Launchpad, not a site the navigation guidance accepts. The helipad works.

Edited by Flashblade

Found a bug... it wouldn't select KSC as a target for guidance... works for any site but the KSC runway... Same thing with the Launchpad, not a site the navigation guidance accepts.

Cheers for the report Flashblade. On my known bugs list, no fix yet.

Many thanks to whoever fixed the CKAN metadata. Removing and readding Kerbal Konstructs has put the KerbalKonstructs folder under medsouz properly, and now I have proper icons!

Can I make a suggestion that "Show Closed bases" be off by default in Map manager settings? I think that is a better starting position, especially if the Map manager settings aren't persistent (which they aren't). Closed bases are only really useful to show when you're deciding which bases you want to pay to open. Otherwise, they clutter up the surface of Kerbin, making it hard to see contract locations.