[1.1.2] Kerbal Konstructs v0.9.7.1 - Slopey Glidey

AlphaAsh

Can I make a suggestion that "Show Closed bases" be off by default in Map manager settings? ... especially if the Map manager settings aren't persistent ...

Can do. I'm also planning to make the map manager filters persistent in the settings file.

- - - Updated - - -

Quick question for those who use the editor to make their own bases. Does this sound like a useful feature and does it make sense?

I'm planning to implement a 'MyBases' directory in Kerbal Konstructs. Whenever you're making your own bases, a copy of any instances you make will be saved into the 'MyBases' directory. Then, after you install a new version of content, such as KerbinSide, you just 'import' those instances through a feature in the editor and they're appended to the instances of your updated content.

v0.7.2 available from KerbalStuff.

Not a big update. Lots of new features are still WIP.

Changelog:

• Persistent settings for map filters now available in PluginData/KerbalKonstructs/KerbalKonstructs.cfg
  • Lots of code optimisation, tidying and laying of foundations for new features. Under-the-hood stuff you don't need to care about.
  • Make sure you backup the configs in the Statics folder if you've been making bases with them, before updating. Otherwise you may lose your custom bases and then you would be sad :(

Ooh! Do the map filters allow filtering by "active" or not?

Apologies for asking about the functionality when I'm nowhere near a machine to just check it for myself. ;)

The filters are open bases, closed bases, helipads, rocketpads, runways and other.

The filters are open bases, closed bases, helipads, rocketpads, runways and other.

Thank you for the reply -- and thanks so much for this project. It's a real treat, and makes for some fun exploration of areas of Kerbin I never otherwise see.

[h=2]Version 0.7.2 for Kerbal Space Program 0.90[/h]Released on 2015-01-30

• Persistent settings for map filters now available in PluginData/KerbalKonstructs/KerbalKonstructs.cfg

Thankyou thankyou thankyou!!!!!

Hello AlphaAsh, I'm back with another bug report. I've reinstalled everything so it's not the install this time.

When I am using Kerbal Konstructs with KerbinSide, KSP appears to think my home runway is the Blue Bay helipad. All my basic survey contracts are near there and StageRecovery informed me that a rocket that landed within the KSC grounds was actually ~900km away from what it thought was KSC.

This probe landed maybe 30 klicks from KSC in the grasslands:

Yule5RG.png

Edited by theonegalen

I am mystified. I have a few theories but I need to see if I can reproduce the bug before I can do anything. Try to reproduce the bug yourself and let me have a KSP.log at the point it occurs. Thanks.

EDIT - One thing to keep in mind is that I haven't been able to get the recovery dialog when you get back to KSC to correctly report the recovering base. Whilst the range is correctly reported, it will say from KSC, when it actually has been recovered from another base. Recovery should be done by the nearest open base. However, if your probe landed 30 km from KSC, then yes, it should be KSC that recovers if it's the nearest open base.

EDIT 2 - As for StageRecovery, since it won't have the 'hack' that Kerbal Konstructs has, it'll always recover from the currently active space centre. That should always be KSC - KK only temporarily changes the active space centre when you click recover, and puts it back to KSC when you hit the KSC screen. However, if StageRecovery is also seeing the active space centre as a base other than KSC, then that's a bug in KK, yup.

Edited by AlphaAsh
Paw speling

I am mystified. I have a few theories but I need to see if I can reproduce the bug before I can do anything. Try to reproduce the bug yourself and let me have a KSP.log at the point it occurs. Thanks.

EDIT - One thing to keep in mind is that I haven't been able to get the recovery dialog when you get back to KSC to correctly report the recovering base. Whilst the range is correctly reported, it will say from KSC, when it actually has been recovered from another base. Recovery should be done by the nearest open base. However, if your probe landed 30 km from KSC, then yes, it should be KSC that recovers if it's the nearest open base.

EDIT 2 - As for StageRecovery, since it won't have the 'hack' that Kerbal Konstructs has, it'll always recover from the currently active space centre. That should always be KSC - KK only temporarily changes the active space centre when you click recover, and puts it back to KSC when you hit the KSC screen. However, if StageRecovery is also seeing the active space centre as a base other than KSC, then that's a bug in KK, yup.

The problem does not seem to occur when using KK, KCT, SR, and Kerbinside by themselves in a new install. It happens consistently in new saves with my modlist. More testing to follow.

EDIT: It happens when adding the Outer Planets Mod to the fresh install of KK, KS, KCT, and SR. I'm using v1.4 of OPM, which includes the Kopernicus, KittopiaTech, and Real Solar System dlls.

Edited by theonegalen

• 2 weeks later...

Launch sites on other bodies than Kerbin seems to doesn't work very well :/.

I have one on Minmus:

- icon not displayed on map,

- using HyperEdit plug-in confuse KK (it may also do this on Kerbin): launch site is not loaded at all and crafts and/or kerbals sitting on the building fall to the ground when we're get close.

And, why providing some buildings with KK ? KK is supposed to be just a plug-in, not something else.

Launch sites on other bodies than Kerbin seems to doesn't work very well :/.

I have one on Minmus:

- icon not displayed on map,

- using HyperEdit plug-in confuse KK (it may also do this on Kerbin): launch site is not loaded at all and crafts and/or kerbals sitting on the building fall to the ground when we're get close.

And, why providing some buildings with KK ? KK is supposed to be just a plug-in, not something else.

- Kerbal Konstructs doesn't properly support off-Kerbin bases.

- Don't use Hyper-edit.

- What. Ever. If you don't want the statics, delete the Statics directory.

Edited by AlphaAsh

• 2 weeks later...

I'm currently landed at Kerbinside's KSC 2 and parked right next to a fuel tank. Clicking on fuel tanks in the base boss only lets me "save and close" and "cancel". No refueling interface. I'm playing on sandbox though, is this just a Career feature?

EDIT: Nevermind, Kerbinside's "all in one" install doesn't include the working fuel tanks and must be installed on top of the existing KS install.

EDIT 2: Now refueling interface appears, but can't order any fuel. I can transfer fuel in and out of the tank, but clicking "buy" button won't fill them up. Editing the KK.cfg does not fix it either.

Edited by Ottomic

Well, is there a chance the fuel tank system will ever be implemented in sandbox?

No probably not. It costs nothing to launch a duplicate vessel already full in Sandbox. Being able to re-fuel a re-usable SSTO is much more beneficial in Career and fuel cost and storage adds another element of strategy.

Just downloaded the latest release, after having not used it for a few months. The ingame editor is absolutely phenomenal! Thank you so much! :cool:

Cheers.

Only in RSS. Just a hunch, but I think it has something to do with RSS rescaling the planets after KK loads it's assets, dunno though.

Heh, you were the one who originally told me about this problem on reddit about your Cape Canaveral mod (Which looks very nice by the way). I'm trying to figure out if it's a problem anyone else has had.

You can't launch from other planets. That's a known limitation.

NOT entirely accurate. You can do it within certain limits. For instance, I have one of those all-in-one launch pads on the Mun and it works flawlessly. I haven't tried anything further out though.