[1.1.2] Kerbal Konstructs v0.9.7.1 - Slopey Glidey

AlphaAsh

NOT entirely accurate. You can do it within certain limits. For instance, I have one of those all-in-one launch pads on the Mun and it works flawlessly. I haven't tried anything further out though.

Yes, I suppose I should make the distinction between "impossible" and "unreliable." In any case it's not officially supported.

• 2 weeks later...

This is your culprit:

[FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=#000000][Aeris 3A]: ground contact! - error: -0.823m [/COLOR][/FONT]

The vessel loaded into the ground. Can't say I know what did it. Can you recreate the issue on a save with only KK and the mod from which you got the launch site installed?

Spacepetscompany, ok, wait a minute...

My save: https://yadi.sk/d/5HJDuOv5fkgHM (There is a Kerbal-2 in the tracking station, use it)

My GameData: https://yadi.sk/d/E6Vc5_CCfanka

I tried to solve the problem by spawning on no-collision platforms on a big altitude.

P.S. Sory for my English...

Edited by MrKerbMan

• 4 weeks later...

1.0 compatibility is looking very promising with initial testing. Not sure if level 0 facilities were introduced so testing continues. Fingers crossed launching from custom sites will just work. More info after some more testing.

Just so you know, neither Kerbal Konstructs nor Kerbinside is prescent on CKAN. Not sure how it works, if it's you or the CKAN guys who has to flag it compatible with 1.0, but as of now it's not showing up. I'll just install it manually for now but would be nice to have it over there as well! Thanks for the great mod!

If it gets listed (by the mod author) as being 1.0 compatible on KerbalStuff (its presently not), then it will show up on CKAN automatically shortly thereafter.

That should happen shortly np :)

Is this still not ready for prime time? I just downloaded it off of KerbalStuff, along with the runways pack and the texture pack, and I can launch from a runway once. If I then try to launch from the runway again, I spawn in the correct place, but there is not runway there anymore (or any other buildings). I can take off just fine (provided there is level ground) but it's weird that the runway and buildings show up the first time, but not the second.

It was an intermittent bug in 0.90 that I haven't tracked down yet. It is now more prominent in 1.0. Try revert to launch if the launchsite doesn't appear. Let me know if that helps.

v0.7.3 now available from KerbalStuff.

Changelog:

• Fixed: Bases vanishing when you relaunch at them.
  • Fixed: Bits of buildings vanishing (particularly at the KSC).
  • Fixed: Open/close state of bases being saved in career.
  • Changed: Preview image size support reduced by 50%.
  • Changed: Launch Site Selector because of new preview image size.
  • Changed: Textures of statics included with KK converted to DDS.
  • Please delete old version of Kerbal Konstructs before installing this one.

Technical Notes

1- This: Obsolete("gameObject.SetActiveRecursively() is obsolete. Use GameObject.SetActive(), which is now inherited by children.") :is wrong. You DO have to explicitly recurse through children. 99% sure this is responsible for a very old and annoying bug in KK I finally swatted (I hope).

2- SetNode got changed in 1.x (it got a new parameter). If your mod uses it, you need to rebuild against the new API.

I do not know how feasible this is, but what would it take to use the added KK statics for calculating recovery using the Stage Recovery mod?

It basically uses a distance from KSC to calculate how much your debris is worth on recovery, it would be nice to have additional recovery stations. Is that something that would have to change on the SR mod side?

A splashed or landed mission will be recovered from the nearest open base with KK, although it isn't always reported correctly by the post-recovery dialog. I'm not sure how feasible it would be for Stage Recovery to do something similar. KK temporarily changes the active space centre with a different object when recovery takes place and there's currently no hooks for that.