[1.1.2] Kerbal Konstructs v0.9.7.1 - Slopey Glidey

AlphaAsh

So I just built a custom base using Kerbal Konstructs and it shows up in the boss base in the SPH but when i try to actually launch at it I get a message saying that the launchsite is not in serviceable conditions and I cannot proceed. And idea as to what is causing this?

"...the launchsite is not in serviceable conditions and I cannot proceed..."

Can I get a screenshot of this? Kerbal Konstructs has no such status check. Is either your runway or launchpad at KSC destroyed? KK 'ghosts' these (as in the custom launchsite pretends to be either KSC's runway or launchpad) when it launches you at an alternative site.

Can I get a screenshot of this? Kerbal Konstructs has no such status check. Is either your runway or launchpad at KSC destroyed? KK 'ghosts' these (as in the custom launchsite pretends to be either KSC's runway or launchpad) when it launches you at an alternative site.

I fixed it! Not sure how but I did. Thanks anyways though!

Vessel recovery doesn't seem to work when it's on the launch pad, it only works after quiting and restarting the game.

This is what is in the log:

[EXC 13:55:00.527] MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'MessageSystem.AddMessage'.

KerbalKonstructs.KerbalKonstructs.OnVesselRecovered (.ProtoVessel vessel)

EventData`1[ProtoVessel].Fire (.ProtoVessel data)

VesselRetrieval.recoverVessel (.Vessel v)

VesselRetrieval.recoverVessels ()

VesselRetrieval+.MoveNext ()

Edited by Albert VDS

Vessel recovery doesn't seem to work when it's on the launch pad, it only works after quiting and restarting the game.

This is what is in the log:

Probably the runway too. I think I know what this is and I'll get a fix into the next update. Thanks for the report.

v0.9.5.0 is available from KerbalStuff.

It's fairly obvious that KSP 1.0.5 has broken Kerbal Konstructs, based on the reports I'm getting and more extensive testing. I cannot guarentee the stability of the mod at the moment and I'm struggling to track down these new issues. KK has always been something of a "hack" and what seem like unrelated changes to KSP have a tendency to impact KK more than they do some other mods that the API is better suited to work with.

[quote name='AlphaAsh']v0.9.5.0 is available from [URL="https://kerbalstuff.com/mod/165/Kerbal%20Konstructs"]KerbalStuff[/URL].

It's fairly obvious that KSP 1.0.5 has broken Kerbal Konstructs, based on the reports I'm getting and more extensive testing. I cannot guarentee the stability of the mod at the moment and I'm struggling to track down these new issues. KK has always been something of a "hack" and what seem like unrelated changes to KSP have a tendency to impact KK more than they do some other mods that the API is better suited to work with.[/QUOTE]

Ugh. So sorry to hear about this. With 1.1 on the horizon, efforts may be better spent there and just let KK be for a moment.

I had an amusing anecdote about installing kerbinside / air race and flying over to the start only to smash into an invisible wall at the starting gate. It was awful and triumphant at the same time

I was trying 1.0.5 and x64 hack, so not expecting a bee-free experience.

[quote name='AlphaAsh']v0.9.5.0 is available from [URL="https://kerbalstuff.com/mod/165/Kerbal%20Konstructs"]KerbalStuff[/URL].

It's fairly obvious that KSP 1.0.5 has broken Kerbal Konstructs, based on the reports I'm getting and more extensive testing. I cannot guarentee the stability of the mod at the moment and I'm struggling to track down these new issues. KK has always been something of a "hack" and what seem like unrelated changes to KSP have a tendency to impact KK more than they do some other mods that the API is better suited to work with.[/QUOTE]

Man, I'm sorry to hear this. I've always hoped that Squad would add a stock ability to config-in new static assets, much like they added the ability to simply use configs to add contract agencies and the like. But at least providing some real API hooks to make these things work would be great too.

[quote name='AlphaAsh']It's fairly obvious that KSP 1.0.5 has broken Kerbal Konstructs, based on the reports I'm getting and more extensive testing. I cannot guarentee the stability of the mod at the moment and I'm struggling to track down these new issues. KK has always been something of a "hack" and what seem like unrelated changes to KSP have a tendency to impact KK more than they do some other mods that the API is better suited to work with.[/QUOTE]

The AddMessage thing is fairly straightforward to fix, there were also minor tweaks to PQSCities to allow them to fire events, which I'm guessing this mod utilizes intimately. If you shoot me a PM with the precise issues you are having, I'd be happy to help you work them out.

[quote name='Arsonide']The AddMessage thing is fairly straightforward to fix, there were also minor tweaks to PQSCities to allow them to fire events, which I'm guessing this mod utilizes intimately. If you shoot me a PM with the precise issues you are having, I'd be happy to help you work them out.[/QUOTE]

Ola Arsonide. Take a look at [url]http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/82785-1-0-4-ON-HOLD-Kerbin-Side-%28v1-0-5%29-Supplements?p=2303950&viewfull=1#post2303950[/url]

That's the primary issue. The AddMessage problem I can probably solve. Kerbal Konstructs does have some legacy module support but I've never bothered to expand it. All of KK's facility features are orphaned out to a GUI - no events involved.

[COLOR="silver"][SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='amankd']are you going to try and fix it?[/QUOTE]

Yes, I have tried to fix it.

[quote name='Thomas P.']I have submitted a [URL="https://github.com/AlphaAsh/Kerbal-Konstructs_DEV/pull/3"]pull request[/URL] to your repository, AlphaAsh. The changes I've done should fix the issue with the colliders, though the current configs will need adaptions.
Basically, the .mu loader of 1.0.5 forces every collider to be convex, because in Unity 5, concave colliders won't be supported anymore for objects who have rigidbodies attached. That may be useful for parts, but for static assets it is totally useless. So I introduced a new config variable that goes directly into the STATIC { } node, named "concaveColliders". This value takes a comma-seperated list of collider-names that should be forced back to concave mode. You also have the ability to set "concaveColliders" to "all", then it'll change all colliders in the asset.
Adapting the packs would be a bit of work, but I think that is better than redoing every single collider.

For example, here's a ModuleManager script that I used to convert all assets by AlphaAsh back to concave colliders
[CODE]
@STATIC:HAS[#author[AlphaAsh]]:NEEDS[KERBALKONSTRUCTS]
{
concaveColliders = all
}
[/CODE]

Cheers!
Thomas[/QUOTE]

so this seriously fixes it? wow im impressed, would tis work in unity 5 as well or is it just a tempory hack?

[quote name='Thomas P.']I have submitted a [URL="https://github.com/AlphaAsh/Kerbal-Konstructs_DEV/pull/3"]pull request[/URL] to your repository, AlphaAsh. The changes I've done should fix the issue with the colliders, though the current configs will need adaptions.
Basically, the .mu loader of 1.0.5 forces every collider to be convex, because in Unity 5, concave colliders won't be supported anymore for objects who have rigidbodies attached. That may be useful for parts, but for static assets it is totally useless. So I introduced a new config variable that goes directly into the STATIC { } node, named "concaveColliders". This value takes a comma-seperated list of collider-names that should be forced back to concave mode. You also have the ability to set "concaveColliders" to "all", then it'll change all colliders in the asset.
Adapting the packs would be a bit of work, but I think that is better than redoing every single collider.

For example, here's a ModuleManager script that I used to convert all assets by AlphaAsh back to concave colliders
[CODE]
{
concaveColliders = all
}
[/CODE]

Cheers!
Thomas[/QUOTE]

Lovely. Thank you.

[COLOR=silver][SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='amankd']so this seriously fixes it? wow im impressed, would tis work in unity 5 as well or is it just a tempory hack?[/QUOTE]

It's a temporary hack.

I'll look to getting this implemented soon. Probably when I get bored with Fallout 4 early next week :D

[quote name='AlphaAsh']Lovely. Thank you.

[COLOR=silver][SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE][/COLOR]

It's a temporary hack.

I'll look to getting this implemented soon. Probably when I get bored with Fallout 4 early next week :D[/QUOTE]

GOOD! So that means you tested it and it works; and you can use it to bring my favorite mod to 1.0.5? NICE!

By the way, from what I've seen in the mod files (and KerbinSide statics) it seems you have some pretty ambitious goals, with all those building types, the employing kerbal things and the hangars... How many of these features work, and what do you ultimately are going to do with that?

Anyways, great mod, I'm glad amankd found a way to solve the colliders issues

PS: I think you'll get bored pretty fast, which is good for us hehe. You find the power armor early in the game (and the nuke launcher too)

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/11/2015, 13:06:00, Thomas P. said:

I have submitted a pull request to your repository, AlphaAsh. The changes I've done should fix the issue with the colliders, though the current configs will need adaptions.

Cheers!
Thomas

{
concaveColliders = all
}

how do i go about using this? i tried putting it in a config externally and running it lke that but it didnt work?

7 hours ago, amankd said:

what i meen is where do i put the code? is it in the configs, or in a mm config or does it have to be hard wired?

The DLL has to be recompiled with the changes (and the MM patch has to be somewhere in GameData).

On 21/11/2015, 16:47:36, AlphaAsh said:

[quote name='Thomas P.']I have submitted a pull request to your repository, AlphaAsh. The changes I've done should fix the issue with the colliders, though the current configs will need adaptions.

Cheers!
Thomas

Lovely. Thank you.

- - - Updated - - -

[quote name='amankd']so this seriously fixes it? wow im impressed, would tis work in unity 5 as well or is it just a tempory hack?

It's a temporary hack.

I'll look to getting this implemented soon. Probably when I get bored with Fallout 4 early next week :D

{
concaveColliders = all
}

fallourt 4 boared you yet? only i have a mod in development that really needs this! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FEyeTt6lMs

my launch sites are all gone, but in the statics.cfg files of the instances they are all still listed there. Im running 1.0.4 btw. This seriously should not be happening. help !

UPDATE !  Found something in the ksp.log that said KK could not find Kerbin,,, the game was renaming all the "CelestialBody = Kerbin" fields  to "CelestialBody = Earth" . Can I write a MM patch to fix all those?

Edited by FlarpingFlipperFlapper

On 12/15/2015, 5:32:49, FlarpingFlipperFlapper said:

my launch sites are all gone, but in the statics.cfg files of the instances they are all still listed there. Im running 1.0.4 btw. This seriously should not be happening. help !

UPDATE !  Found something in the ksp.log that said KK could not find Kerbin,,, the game was renaming all the "CelestialBody = Kerbin" fields  to "CelestialBody = Earth" . Can I write a MM patch to fix all those?

looks like you are having Realism overhaul....

in other news.. i have compiled the latest dll done by thomas P and it works! added a MM patch as stated in github.

download : https://copy.com/qWBTwzk3e3dniDaD

download the zip and move to the gamedata folder. drop it there :)

Edited by Joshwoo69