[1.1.2] Kerbal Konstructs v0.9.7.1 - Slopey Glidey

AlphaAsh

@AlphaAsh any tips for determining which files I need to edit to get objects to stay gone? I want to prune down the extended KSC buildings and there are a lot of duplicate items, not all of which I want to remove. I can use the ingame interface to determine which is which but how then should I find their file entries to delete? I'll figure it out, but if you're able to offer any advice I would appreciate it. Thanks, enjoy Stellaris it looks like a fantastic game

7 minutes ago, Gaiiden said:

@AlphaAsh any tips for determining which files I need to edit to get objects to stay gone? I want to prune down the extended KSC buildings and there are a lot of duplicate items, not all of which I want to remove. I can use the ingame interface to determine which is which but how then should I find their file entries to delete? I'll figure it out, but if you're able to offer any advice I would appreciate it. Thanks, enjoy Stellaris it looks like a fantastic game

The easiest approach is to remove everything, install everything, then go into KerbinSide/MainBases and delete from whatever base.

Stellaris is a great game, especially with the mod I made :wink:. http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=704063182

19 minutes ago, AlphaAsh said:

The easiest approach is to remove everything, install everything, then go into KerbinSide/MainBases and delete from whatever base.

I mean, I want to remove a few specific roads but if you go to /KSCUpgrades and open ksidevergedroadlong.cfg you see several instances of the road (same for other statics of which there are several and I only want to remove a select few). I'm wondering if you know of a good way to identify which instances I need to delete from the .cfg so they no longer load in the game. I originally did this in the in-game editor but you mentioned that there's a bug that prevents it from saving changes, so I'll have to do it manually

Edited by Gaiiden

23 minutes ago, Gaiiden said:

I mean, I want to remove a few specific roads but if you go to /KSCUpgrades and open ksidevergedroadlong.cfg you see several instances of the road (same for other statics of which there are several and I only want to remove a select few). I'm wondering if you know of a good way to identify which instances I need to delete from the .cfg so they no longer load in the game. I originally did this in the in-game editor but you mentioned that there's a bug that prevents it from saving changes, so I'll have to do it manually

No, there is no easy way to identify which instance is which.

The issue you're having doing it through the editor is that all the instances are saved to core cfgs. Your changes ARE saved, but not to the pointer cfgs, which then take precedence when you restart KSP.

Another way you could handle it, is after saving with the editor, exit KSP then delete all the pointer cfgs. This will then leave you with all the instances in core cfgs. Restart KSP and then delete instances you don't want through the editor. Save. Now the core cfgs will be up-to-date.

If you then want pointer cfgs, you will then need to create your own with the export features of KK.

8 hours ago, Maars said:

In that case AlphaAsh, I want to thank you for making the awesomeness that is Kerbal Konstructs.  Kerbin is a lonely and empty place without it.

Cheers mate and good luck with your next modding venture

Ditto - this has been a fantastic mod and really enhances the game.  Thanks for all the hard work.  I'm planning to buy Stellaris in the next couple of weeks and get into that, I look forward to seeing what mods you work on in that game.  Cheers!

On 8/7/2016 at 2:50 AM, vexan said:

Apologies if I missed something, or shouldn't be bumping this, but how can I use this mod for 1.1.3?

9 hours ago, -glenn7252 said:

any chance of this being updated to 1.1.3 anytime soon, KSP tells me its unsuported, and when i click on the icon in the VAB or SPH the GUI window doesnt come up

if you go back to the previous page (I know it's difficult, but there should be a button somewhere) you can find this post:

On 7/7/2016 at 0:14 PM, AlphaAsh said:

I'm not working on it, no. I'm busy with work and the modding time I have left is going to Stellaris. I did have a quick look at KK after the KSP update landed and it broke it severely. Again. I'm not fixing it.

Thing is, KSP is going multi-platform. Staff are bailing. Unity 5 is a bigger donkey than Unity 4. I'm bored with fixing the mod and I'm not seeing any of the feature expansion I'd hoped to see for KSP. I have moved on.

KK is open-source and I've had the pleasure of interacting with some very capable modders here. Anyone is welcome to pick this up.

If KSP comes back around to being a game I want to obssess over again, then I might be back to see where things are at.

For now, I'll pop in to the forums and launch a few rockets. But that's really it for me and KSP.

also, repeatedly asking for updates is against the rules of the forum

Greetings!

I've asked @AlphaAsh and with his blessing, updated Kerbal Konstructs to work with KSP 1.1.3. I'm interested in potentially maintaining Kerbal Konstructs going forward, but I am currently reviewing the existing code, the recent few months of forum posts - trying to understand what is involved. I don't want to take on a popular mod without properly understanding the scope of the project.

Kerbal Konstructs 0.9.7.1 hotfix for KSP 1.1.3

2 hours ago, AlphaAsh said:

@ozraven Do you have an account on Spacedock? I can get you added to the permissions for KK so you can publish there.

I created one just now. Thanks! I'll do a full release once everything is set so that everything is in one place and gets proper AVC for 1.1.3, etc.

Kerbal Konstructs 0.9.7.2

Updated for KSP 1.1.3 and now available as a complete release! (If you already have the KSP 1.1.3 hotfix I posted earlier today, the only difference is that the AVC version file has been updated.)

SpaceDock (original link, thanks AlphaAsh!)
GitHub (releases, my fork)

The source code for the latest build is available at GitHub.

Edited by ozraven

6 hours ago, ozraven said:

Kerbal Konstructs 0.9.7.2

Updated for KSP 1.1.3 and now available as a complete release! (If you already have the KSP 1.1.3 hotfix I posted earlier today, the only difference is that the AVC version file has been updated.)

SpaceDock (original link, thanks AlphaAsh!)
GitHub (releases, my fork)

The source code for the latest build is available at GitHub.

Is that compatible with RO/RSS . When try to click KK icon nothing had appear.

4 hours ago, tees said:

Is that compatible with RO/RSS . When try to click KK icon nothing had appear.

41 minutes ago, Neil_Kerman said:

Come on! It is not compatible with RSS/RO... when i click on the KK button nothing appears! 

A fresh install of RSS/RO gives me the same result. Following the short process noted here and as follows:

1. Remove all mods from GameData except KerbalKonstructs (and Squad).
  2. Start KSP, start a new save, then quit KSP.
  3. Delete the Statics folder from GameData\KerbalKonstructs.
  4. Add all mods (RSS/RO, etc.) back to GameData.
  5. Start KSP and resume the same save created in step 2. Kerbal Konstructs UI should appear in the space center view, VAB/SPH and tracking station.

So, that is where I have to leave this for now but I will look at the following issues later today when I have time:

• Avoiding the above work around to get KK working.
  • Map view doesn't seem to show KK locations even with known RSS/RO scenery (such as The real KSC in KSP) installed. (Though the launch sites are selectable from VAB.)
  • In my very quick test, my rocket fell through the pad. Perhaps launch clamps are necessary?

And now, here's where I need some help as an RSS/RO newb: Is there a recommended scenery pack/mod/set that RSS/RO players use?

1 minute ago, skyhawkmlt said:

I don't even have RSS/RO and I still get the same effect as mentioned above, I click on the Kerbal Constructs and nothing happens. There seems to be another mod that's breaking it...

Try ozraven solution its working for me.

20 hours ago, ozraven said:

A fresh install of RSS/RO gives me the same result. Following the short process noted here and as follows:

1. Remove all mods from GameData except KerbalKonstructs (and Squad).
  2. Start KSP, start a new save, then quit KSP.
  3. Delete the Statics folder from GameData\KerbalKonstructs.
  4. Add all mods (RSS/RO, etc.) back to GameData.
  5. Start KSP and resume the same save created in step 2. Kerbal Konstructs UI should appear in the space center view, VAB/SPH and tracking station.

So, that is where I have to leave this for now but I will look at the following issues later today when I have time:

• Avoiding the above work around to get KK working.
  • Map view doesn't seem to show KK locations even with known RSS/RO scenery (such as The real KSC in KSP) installed. (Though the launch sites are selectable from VAB.)
  • In my very quick test, my rocket fell through the pad. Perhaps launch clamps are necessary?

And now, here's where I need some help as an RSS/RO newb: Is there a recommended scenery pack/mod/set that RSS/RO players use?

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope it will work!

21 hours ago, ozraven said:

Real Visual Enhancements. It's the only one, but it's still in development and not officially updated to 1.1.3, but I think someone made a fork of it that is compatible with 1.1.x.

About map views, they never worked for me, even back in 1.0.4.

hey wasnt there a sort off predecessor too kerbal konstructs, that allowed the placements of objects and etc before kerbal konstructs, but then got outdated? i remember a video of a kerbal going into this underground cave thingy on eve, and it was made with the predecessor too kerbal konstructs? there was even something he could click on , inside the cave too make the actual terrain move, like the constructed models he placed move in a wierd way? too explain it better, its like animated terrain elements, like a opening cave door, but it wasnt in this case, it was another thing that was animated with the mod. i just forgot the mods name.

edit: nvm i found the mod i was looking for, it was called "KerbTown"

edit: here was the mod i was talking about:

Edited by 123nick

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all!  Quick question: is it possible to built a Canal or Lock (a la Panama Canal) with Konstructs?  My plan is to build such a Konstruct to allow for continuous water-based circumnavigation on whatever the shortest land bridge is.  I think I've got a good spot already picked out, just need to check like one other place and I'll know for sure.

But regardless, is it even possible to do this?

4 hours ago, Slam_Jones said:

Hi all!  Quick question: is it possible to built a Canal or Lock (a la Panama Canal) with Konstructs?  My plan is to build such a Konstruct to allow for continuous water-based circumnavigation on whatever the shortest land bridge is.  I think I've got a good spot already picked out, just need to check like one other place and I'll know for sure.

But regardless, is it even possible to do this?

KK doesn't support deformation of terrain - structures clip through the ground and don't alter the original terrain. Some time ago over in AddOn Dev, I believe someone was working on a mod that allowed terrain deformation from impacts that looked promising. In a quick Google search, I didn't find the forum thread, but I'm pretty sure Kerbal Terrain System was it. Alternatively, KK would support the lock structures/gates well enough I think, but then there'd be no way to add/remove water to get the function of a lock.

I think it is technically possible but not without new features in KK.

54 minutes ago, ozraven said:

KK doesn't support deformation of terrain - structures clip through the ground and don't alter the original terrain. Some time ago over in AddOn Dev, I believe someone was working on a mod that allowed terrain deformation from impacts that looked promising. In a quick Google search, I didn't find the forum thread, but I'm pretty sure Kerbal Terrain System was it. Alternatively, KK would support the lock structures/gates well enough I think, but then there'd be no way to add/remove water to get the function of a lock.

I think it is technically possible but not without new features in KK.

Hmm good to know, I'll definitely have to dig into this a little bit more.  If I end up successful, I'm sure I won't be the only one to benefit from it :)