[1.1.2] Kerbal Konstructs v0.9.7.1 - Slopey Glidey

AlphaAsh

2 minutes ago, oniontrain said:

Awesome. I do the same thing, I hate blender with a passion. I'm starting a new one at the moment, would this be the place to talk about it or should I make a new thread?

I think so you don't get pounced on for of topic stuff,by a prowling moderator, or annoy Oz  :) I'd take it to mod dev and start a little thread for it, I'll definitely pop in and say Hi.   :)

Using this with

seems to cause the buildings to become... Offset. Quite badly in some cases.
Or it could be because I use a metric ton of mods. Seriously a lot of mods. Still, anyone else have this problem?

Edited by Mekan1k

Is there a config or mod that allows you to build extra launch pads and VAB's alongside Kerbal construction time? It would be great to be able to have a couple pads lined up alongside each other at the KSC

Edited by Benji13

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/7/2016 at 9:49 AM, Cheesecake said:

Hey

I installed the newest Version of KK. But every time I click on the KK-Button it happens: nothing. No window to choose Launchsites etc.

I recently installed KK as well and am getting the same issue.  I've been looking around the KK folder for logs related to the mod, didn't see anything.  I've attached the gameplay log from today (had the mod since yesterday and wanted to include yesterday's logs too but dropbox didn't want to cooperate) if it helps at all. 

Also, a list of the mods I have installed:

BDArmory

It's The Little Things

KK

Hyper Edit

KerbinSide

Scatterer

Star Wars Laser mod for BDA (installed today, and the mod still wasn't working yesterday when I installed it and KerbinSide both)

I'd really appreciate any help you could give me.

Thanks,

Right Arm

1 hour ago, The_Right_Arm said:

I recently installed KK as well and am getting the same issue.  I've been looking around the KK folder for logs related to the mod, didn't see anything.  I've attached the gameplay log from today (had the mod since yesterday and wanted to include yesterday's logs too but dropbox didn't want to cooperate) if it helps at all. 

Also, a list of the mods I have installed:

BDArmory

It's The Little Things

KK

Hyper Edit

KerbinSide

Scatterer

Star Wars Laser mod for BDA (installed today, and the mod still wasn't working yesterday when I installed it and KerbinSide both)

I'd really appreciate any help you could give me.

Thanks,

Right Arm

Are you using the correct version for your game? if so you may have to go through the procedure outlined a few pages back,  of removing all mods except KK, start a new game ,  make sure kk is functional, save and exit, now add your mods back into the game and ir should be functional. 

I know of no 1.2 compatible versions, so if anyone has forked, fixed and has a working version of the dll that correctly saves placed statics, and is a bit gentler when placing objects I'd be most grateful for a link, my own attempts have led to a gradual reduction in function throughout 1.2pre , so static projects are now on hold

• 2 weeks later...

Is this mod abandoned?

Or could someone post an "Unofficial Version"? It may still work:

On 21.9.2016 at 0:11 AM, Tristonwilson12 said:

Yes I recompiled Kerbal Konstructs For 1.2.. Ive tested it Extensively and Nothing seems to be broken!!

Thanks!

I've examined the licence, and it seems to allow people to perfom 'caretaking' duties on the mod, so if anyone has that recompile that was mentioned earlier, they're allowed to release it, and as @AlphaAsh doesn't seem to have been active since July, I think that's our only hope.

1 minute ago, NotAgain said:

I've examined the licence, and it seems to allow people to perfom 'caretaking' duties on the mod, so if anyone has that recompile that was mentioned earlier, they're allowed to release it, and as @AlphaAsh doesn't seem to have been active since July, I think that's our only hope.

Hi all , I've done some git hub prowling and have found https://github.com/reesewilson/Kerbal-Konstructs_DEV

That is recompiled for 1.2 by the guy doing the Real KSC mod ( who also is MIA following his house getting trashed in a hurricane) ,  the recompile was done for one  of the 1.2 pre's  and as such, use in 1.2 full  for me at least has a bug or two (that i can live with) 1 of which is multiplying buttons on the app launcher, and easy fix for an experienced coder, and the temperamental placing of statics, which seems to get upset very easily and stops saving positions.  

While apparently it will sort of work plug and play, the best method is to follow the install procedure explained a few pages back.  

Hope it helps some,  and should a willing coder arrive on the scene, that code is much closer to being good than any other versions in circulation.  

I'd love to look after it myself but my code Fu  is very poor and KK is not an easy thing to get a grip of,  sincerely hoping as a user since early KerbTown days that it doesn't fade into semi oblivion as it has done previously, my worlds are very plain without it

Cheers all

Spanner

Spoiler

KK in 1.2

x1wcVo4.png

I have done "plain recompile" of existing sources from https://github.com/ozraven/Kerbal-Konstructs_DEV

, but ... it got issues. Maybe I've done something wrong (I'm not programmer, nor modder), maybe it needs changes in sources for 1.2. What I've got - statics are present in-game (I use Kerbin-side full pack to test), but somehow Kk icon is duplicated in toolbar, menu is little weird, icons on the map screen behave weird too.

Just now, Warro said:

I have done "plain recompile" of existing sources from https://github.com/ozraven/Kerbal-Konstructs_DEV

, but ... it got issues. Maybe I've done something wrong (I'm not programmer, nor modder), maybe it needs changes in sources for 1.2. What I've got - statics are present in-game (I use Kerbin-side full pack to test), but somehow Kk icon is duplicated in toolbar, menu is little weird, icons on the map screen behave weird too.

You should try the code in the link  posted above,  OZ ravens is well messy in 1.2 if it works at all.

20 hours ago, Warro said:

You didn't do something wrong. It's just that KSP 1.2 doesn't obey the toolbar creation options. So alls buttons are displayed everywhere.

I looked at the issue and fixing the buttons will require quite some restructuring of the code. Just for fixing that someone else broke and might be fixed in 1.2.1.

21 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:
  Reveal hidden contents

KK in 1.2

x1wcVo4.png

Can we somehow download this ships from your screen? I mean tugs, container ships and catamaran. I've seen more screens of them in your SM_marine topic, but they is nothing similar in current download sadly...

21 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

You should try the code in the link  posted above,  OZ ravens is well messy in 1.2 if it works at all.

I tried last compiled .dll from this repository - it works even worse than my recompile: same duplicated buttons, but menu doesn't open, no icons in the map view at all. I don't want to compile another half-working .dll It seems there are much more work to update this mod to 1.2ver. reality than just recompile. I hope that maintainers will not abandon it and we will see new, shining release :).

29 minutes ago, Ger_space said:

You didn't do something wrong. It's just that KSP 1.2 doesn't obey the toolbar creation options. So alls buttons are displayed everywhere.

I looked at the issue and fixing the buttons will require quite some restructuring of the code. Just for fixing that someone else broke and might be fixed in 1.2.1.

Why other mods don't have duplicating buttons in 1.2? Strange idea to have pack of buttons, if all except one should be hidden... Why not have one with different functionality on each game screen? Who knows...

34 minutes ago, Warro said:

Why other mods don't have duplicating buttons in 1.2? Strange idea to have pack of buttons, if all except one should be hidden... Why not have one with different functionality on each game screen? Who knows...

KK uses four buttons: KSC, Editors, Tracking, InFlight. They are all setup in the KSC Screen but the fuctions beneth the buttons only run in the correpsoning screens. It's a bug in KSP 1.2 that you can see the buttons all the time, even that only one should be visible at a time.

Unrelated, but also nasty, that the buttons show up in the main menu, after they had been initialized. Other Mods use more Classes: One for each Gamescene, and they create the buttons there on demand and not all at the KSC (or they have only one button).

22 minutes ago, Ger_space said:

KK uses four buttons: KSC, Editors, Tracking, InFlight. They are all setup in the KSC Screen but the fuctions beneth the buttons only run in the correpsoning screens. It's a bug in KSP 1.2 that you can see the buttons all the time, even that only one should be visible at a time.

Unrelated, but also nasty, that the buttons show up in the main menu, after they had been initialized. Other Mods use more Classes: One for each Gamescene, and they create the buttons there on demand and not all at the KSC (or they have only one button).

I don't get the idea, why we need 4 buttons instead of one. We press button to get "action" from the mod - really just signal for the mod - "do something". Is it possible to build internal logic so that press the same button but get "something" related to the current scene(press "X" in KSC - get "menu1", press "X" in VAB - get "menu2", etc, not press "X" in KSC, "Y" in VAB)?

Hi again, all i can say guys is that it works for me,  except for the multiple buttons, its fully functional when compiled for the latest release and installed as suggested,  in my case  KK plug and play doesn't work (just dropping KK in GameData) ,  so as already mentioned you should try the recommended installation procedure as follows, 

Place KK in your gamedata folder, zip or remove everything else except the squad folder, start and create a new save, check KK is working, exit game, replace/unzip all mods in gamedata, restart the game and load the new save you previously created and all should be fine.  Install it any other way and all bets are off :) 

The button issue is simply a code refactoring problem,  the buttons are in fact clones, not working buttons and they only relate to the launch options in vab/sph  or base boss when in flight scene, it could simply be a missing destroy cmd for switching scenes, I've seen it a lot over the past year or so, and it's usually not that much trouble to fix. When you  rescue mods like i do you see a lot of things that the average player never encounters, i can think of several mods at various times this happens/happened to.  The buttons appearing elsewhere is not a problem I've encountered with KK except when abusing the game  with badly compiled code etc

@Warro  everything in that scene apart from the 3 grey ships are statics only, the container ships etc are just decoration items and have no functionality, and were actually made many moons ago for another modding project, the game they were for is now extinct technically.   The cat and the other small hull are in the next update for SMM (along with a ton of other stuff) and the large ship is from the next LBP update  ( theres also the issue that without some trickery you can't have more than  2/3 active vessels in one scene, especially with the part count the ships get to, without slowing the game simulation to a crawl)

5 minutes ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

everything in that scene apart from the 3 grey ships are statics only, the container ships etc are just decoration items and have no functionality, and were actually made many moons ago for another modding project, the game they were for is now extinct technically.   The cat and the other small hull are in the next update for SMM (along with a ton of other stuff) and the large ship is from the next LBP update  ( theres also the issue that without some trickery you can't have more than  2/3 active vessels in one scene, especially with the part count the ships get to, without slowing the game simulation to a crawl)

IRiAKlB.png

This is static too? I'm cryin'.... I'm not the fan of BDArmory, so for me - more civil vessels - the better.... Thanks for reply anyway.

4 minutes ago, Warro said:

IRiAKlB.png

This is static too? I'm cryin'.... I'm not the fan of BDArmory, so for me - more civil vessels - the better.... Thanks for reply anyway.

No definitely not static (about 16 parts)  and with some interesting features too,  custom grabs etc  and will also be in the next SMM update

Spoiler

Hsr3fKf.png

87rpAkI.png

Thanks for all of the info and help in trying to get this up for 1.2

I downloaded the "Dev" version and then installed as suggested with it being the only mod other than squad.

It will load up and then added Kerbin City and it loaded as well.

The problem is that it is spamming;

[EXC 08:13:30.393] MissingFieldException: Field '.MapView.MapIsEnabled' not found.

[EXC 08:13:30.409] MissingFieldException: Field '.MapView.MapIsEnabled' not found.

[EXC 08:13:30.410] MissingFieldException: Field '.MapView.MapIsEnabled' not found.

Again, thanks for suggestions.

I, like others, will just have to wait until this gets some update love.

Cheers to all.

On 26.10.2016 at 6:39 PM, Warro said:

I don't get the idea, why we need 4 buttons instead of one. We press button to get "action" from the mod - really just signal for the mod - "do something". Is it possible to build internal logic so that press the same button but get "something" related to the current scene(press "X" in KSC - get "menu1", press "X" in VAB - get "menu2", etc, not press "X" in KSC, "Y" in VAB)?

Other mods do just that, but the KSP API has flags when buttons should show up... Guess what's broken in 1.2? Totally unrelated: vesselmodules have the same bug in the moment... They run always even when you define in flight only.

I'll try to write a wrapper around it, but I don't know if it will succeed.

On the good side: a single button with a wrapper is easier to destroy, so the buttons will be gone from the main menu.