[1.1.2] Kerbal Konstructs v0.9.7.1 - Slopey Glidey

AlphaAsh

v0.9.5.5 now available from SpaceDock.

Changelog:

- Fixed a bug where the recovery button wouldn't work when at or near a base.

Technical Notes:

@HarvesteR and other Squad coders. If you don't want custom space centers, just let me know. Otherwise could you expose the SpaceCenter class properly so I don't have to keep poking it with FieldInfo? Or, you could just stop changing it every other version. Thanks.

22 minutes ago, Sulaco76 said:

Hi,

I was after a download for 1.05, this version doesn't work. Would anyone guide me to a 1.05 version please if possible?

0.9.5.2 works fine with 1.0.5. Go to the changelog of the mod on SpaceDock, and you'll find older versions.

8 minutes ago, AlphaAsh said:

0.9.5.2 works fine with 1.0.5. Go to the changelog of the mod on SpaceDock, and you'll find older versions.

OK< Cool, I'll have a look. Thanks. :)

I didn't know about the change logs...doh! Great mod.

Edited by Sulaco76

On 22/03/2016 at 3:27 AM, theonegalen said:

Hullo, @AlphaAsh, I had a problem with using StageRecovery and KK together, and Magico13 says it's a KK issue. StageRecovery spat out about 850 "Failed Recovery" messages off a single stage. Here's the log:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6ZYgATQfNhBejAxeGlvdC03cnM/view

Ola again chap. Yup, I've started dealing with recovery related bugs in KK that have come up with the 1.1 update, and there's a couple of fixes out today. However, they may impact what magico13 is doing, so it may be a little while before StageRecovery and KK are good with each other again.

v0.9.5.6 available from PizzaDock.

Changelog:

• Fixed a bug in the GUI code for the Inflight Base Boss causing it to appear blank.
  • Inflight Base Boss a little more informative when stuff can and can't be done with it.
  • Added extra cheese as a topping option.

6 hours ago, AlphaAsh said:

v0.9.5.6 available from PizzaDock.

Changelog:

• Fixed a bug in the GUI code for the Inflight Base Boss causing it to appear blank.
  • Inflight Base Boss a little more informative when stuff can and can't be done with it.
  • Added extra cheese as a topping option.

Found a bug that doesn't let you proceed after end of flight. Steps to reproduce:

1. Have a clean KSP 1.1 install.
  2. Place KerbalKonstructs to GameData.
  3. Launch x64 KSP
  4. Open sandbox game.
  5. At KSC, select runway and aircraft from the dialog box and launch.
  6. Crash the aircraft.
  7. Press escape.
  8. Flight results pops up with one option "Revert to Launch", clicking on it has no effect. Expected: Flight results pop up with many more buttons eg. "go to space center" and others, and with actually working buttons.

See screenshot, it has the KSP version (latest at the time) on the bottom. http://imgur.com/3lhhHTy

This issue seems to vanish after you launch an aircraft from SPH or do some other actions.

Edited by d4rksh4de

18 minutes ago, d4rksh4de said:

At KSC, select runway and aircraft from the dialog box and launch.

Do you mean launching directly from the dialogs when looking at the KSC?

Have you tried to reproduce the problem without KK installed? This may well be a KSP 1.1 bug. That method of launching never seems to get much testing AFAICT.

Can you provide a KSP.log after reproducing the issue, please.

1 hour ago, AlphaAsh said:

Do you mean launching directly from the dialogs when looking at the KSC?

Have you tried to reproduce the problem without KK installed? This may well be a KSP 1.1 bug. That method of launching never seems to get much testing AFAICT.

Can you provide a KSP.log after reproducing the issue, please.

Yes, at KSC screen. I was experimenting and it is the fastest way to launch aircraft. I had other mods installed when I first noticed it, pinned it down to KerbalKonstructs. Didn't happen when I removed all mods, only Squad was left in GameData.

45 minutes ago, d4rksh4de said:

Yes, at KSC screen. I was experimenting and it is the fastest way to launch aircraft. I had other mods installed when I first noticed it, pinned it down to KerbalKonstructs. Didn't happen when I removed all mods, only Squad was left in GameData.

I'll see if I can reproduce the issue then. I'd still like a ksp.log.

8 hours ago, AlphaAsh said:

I'll see if I can reproduce the issue then. I'd still like a ksp.log.

Here's the log: http://pastebin.com/FfUeemqL

After collision exceptions are coming when I unpaused the game via kspedia button (there's unpause button on that dialog window) and pressed escape which pops up another dialog where you can select revert, but that button doesn't work either.

Also, verified again that clean KSP install doesn't have this issue, only as described in reproduction steps as posted earlier.

This is probaby the culprit when vessel is launched:

[EXC 09:53:01.213] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	KerbalKonstructs.KerbalKonstructs.OnVesselLaunched (.ShipConstruct vVessel)
	EventData`1[ShipConstruct].Fire (.ShipConstruct data)
	FlightDriver+<PostInit>c__Iterator2D.MoveNext ()

That exception is out-of-place since I specifically catch it, which is odd. I could do with seeing the whole KSP.log.

NM - Spotted your link.

[EXC 09:55:28.688] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    PauseMenu.drawRevertOptions ()
    PauseMenu.<draw>m__80F ()
    DialogGUIButton.OptionSelected ()
    DialogGUIButton.<Create>m__7FB ()
    UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCall.Invoke (System.Object[] args)
    UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCallList.Invoke (System.Object[] parameters)
    UnityEngine.Events.UnityEventBase.Invoke (System.Object[] parameters)
    UnityEngine.Events.UnityEvent.Invoke ()
    UnityEngine.UI.Button.Press ()
    UnityEngine.UI.Button.OnPointerClick (UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData eventData)
    UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute (IPointerClickHandler handler, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData)
    UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute[IPointerClickHandler] (UnityEngine.GameObject target, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData, UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventFunction`1 functor)

UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventSystem:Update()

That's the actual issue. Now I'm scratching my head as to how an impossible exception then leads to that.

EDIT 2 - Well done chap. You found one of the nastier buggers I've had to deal with in a while. Thank you for giving good repro steps. I didn't actually figureout 'why' the bug (\o/ KSP) but I did figure out 'what' the bug and a fix is in the works.

Edited by AlphaAsh

v0.9.5.7 available from SpaceDock.

Changelog:

• Fixed a bug where using the launch dialogs at the KSC scene would b0rk up flight results and reverting flights.
  • Custom bases now log launches and you can see the log in the Base Manager. Please note that the KSC does not keep this log since everyone thinks Gene should do it and he's busy with things like managing contracts... erm, controlling missions. No I don't get it either.

Thanks d4rksh4de for making my week interesting and to Eskandare for confirming I'm an idiot. Carry on.

Considering the mod's widening scope and looking through some of my plans that will continue to do that, I'm considering renaming Kerbal Konstructs.

I'd rather not divulge much about what's coming, since in the past many features have ended up as too much work or not fun and got scrapped before they hit a release, but I can say that as well as bases and their facilities, there's several ideas for extending the overall 'management' side of the game in the works and since I refuse to split such features out to separate mods (that's just not how I roll), hence I'm considering a name change.

And breathe. To the point. Your thoughts on whether a change and even suggestions are welcome.

53 minutes ago, AlphaAsh said:

Considering the mod's widening scope and looking through some of my plans that will continue to do that, I'm considering renaming Kerbal Konstructs.

I'd rather not divulge much about what's coming, since in the past many features have ended up as too much work or not fun and got scrapped before they hit a release, but I can say that as well as bases and their facilities, there's several ideas for extending the overall 'management' side of the game in the works and since I refuse to split such features out to separate mods (that's just not how I roll), hence I'm considering a name change.

And breathe. To the point. Your thoughts on whether a change and even suggestions are welcome.

I am fine about this change... problem is that it MAY.. MAY break some mods using it when you change gamedata names...

Kerbal management systems? (KMS)

I am suggesting we keep KK as one folder while the extra tibits as another rename the main as KMS and add KK as a "package"

Edited by Joshwoo69

On 4/4/2016 at 3:49 AM, AlphaAsh said:

Sounds like fun.  I haven't used KK in a year or so (been waiting on 1.1) so I'm very impressed with all the new base-management features.  I'd love to see more of that, up to a point.  My only concern is that I don't want to turn KSP into an RTS, I'd rather play my RTS games for that and keep KSP about flying stuff.  So I'd prefer it if all the base-related stuff remained firmly in a supporting role to the flying side of things.  Keeping 1 base on another planet happy is hard enough---I couldn't deal with a whole planet full of them :)

So if I had my druthers, it would be that Kerbin finally becomes a living, breathing planet with lots of stuff going on automatically in the background.  Like all these bases doing their own things for their own commercial and/or research purposes.  Then I could periodically interact with them, maybe paying for services as needed, maybe cooperating on a joint project, but none of it required.

On 05/04/2016 at 6:14 AM, Nibbler911 said:

Can some one help me is kerbal construct installed like Kerbalspaceprogram/gamedata/kerbalkonstructs it wont actually install can someone help me?

ksp folder /gamedata / KetbalKonstructs

6 hours ago, Geschosskopf said:

...awesomesauce...

You make a good comparison with RTS and there's a lot of similar considerations with the design of the features I have in mind.

With regards to keeping it optional, here's a simple guide that I use:

Features that nerf <<- ->>>>>> Features that empower

Reduce game difficulty <<- -> >>>>> Increase game difficulty

Essentially, most of the features are designed to empower a player and are therefore optional, since you can ignore them. If you decide you want to use them, that's when you consider increasing your game difficulty to find the balance you want, offsetting the empowerment against the difficulty.

I have never really liked nerfing a game just to then replace with more features (see KSC facility implementation as an example) but sometimes it's worth a shot, worth a risk that the gameplay change will be a good one, especially in a mod where you can easily make a feature toggleable. Or just uninstall the mod :)

In 1.1, I tried to open a new base. Flew more than 100 km's out, and the button to open a new base appeared. However, nothing is in fact happening when I click on it.

Have KerbinSide installed, with the newest version of Kerbal Konstructs (downloaded separately)

i watched a video that said in the kerbin side mod you can build your own bases

but I CANT BUILD BASES! IT ONLY SHOWS a toolbar that says atc ngs downlink nearby facilities and i want to race!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! \/ :mad:

Edited by EnderBOSS555009
images

1 hour ago, EnderBOSS555009 said:

i watched a video that said in the kerbin side mod you can build your own base

but I CANT BUILD BASES! IT ONLY SHOWS a toolbar that says atc ngs downlink nearby facilities and i want to race!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! \/ :mad:

Ive merged your thread into the main  Kerbal Konstruts one so you can get m ore  targeted help.