[1.1.2] Kerbal Konstructs v0.9.7.1 - Slopey Glidey

AlphaAsh

3 minutes ago, blowfish said:

Are you using RSS-specific content?  Because Kerbinside and all the other content packs for the stock solar system won't work with RSS.

Anyone else trying to use RSS with this ? Im on 1.1 now and this will not work when RSS is installed. When I remove RSS I get KK to work. Is there something need to edit to get this to work with RSS?

Nope, the bare install thats included in the KK install.  I wont even mess with Kerbin SIde untill I get a stable 1.1 install going. 

33 minutes ago, lextacy said:

Anyone else trying to use RSS with this ? Im on 1.1 now and this will not work when RSS is installed. When I remove RSS I get KK to work. Is there something need to edit to get this to work with RSS?

Nope, the bare install thats included in the KK install.  I wont even mess with Kerbin SIde untill I get a stable 1.1 install going. 

So what's not working then?  Does the game crash?  Kerbal Konstructs doesn't really do anything by itself, it's just a plugin that allows statics to be added.

41 minutes ago, blowfish said:

So what's not working then?  Does the game crash?  Kerbal Konstructs doesn't really do anything by itself, it's just a plugin that allows statics to be added.

I'm getting the same issues others have when you try to click the KK icon in the vab and then no base menu shows up. control K is also disabled when on the pad

8 hours ago, lextacy said:

IIRC, RSS moves the KSC and I can see that causing conflicts with Kerbal Konstructs. Both mods rely on the PQS functions of KSP's API.

I've always wanted to page this chap: @NathanKell may be able to shed more light on this.

And btw, is the Kell BTech inspired?

11 minutes ago, NathanKell said:

@AlphaAsh Yep! From a very marysueish MW2ed character I made in middle school. :)

If KK is adding new PQSCities it should be fine in RSS, I think?

(Heh. Guess what inspired the name of my 'studio')

That's what I thought too.

I do hack launchsites in as a temporary replacement for KSC for purposes of recover but it's only temporary. I thought perhaps that might rub RSS up the wrong way, since it moves the KSC?

Kinda clutching at straws on where to start tracking a possible problem down.

Im on 1.1 now and this will not work when RSS is installed. When I remove RSS I get KK to work. Is there something need to edit to get this to work with RSS?

* shrug * Pick a mod.

Edited by AlphaAsh

Kerbal Konstructs probably expects the homeworld name to be "Kerbin" but in RSS this is changed to "Earth". The weird thing is that the latest version of KK for KSP 1.0.5 did not have this problem...

Edit: more specifically:

[ERR 16:34:24.561] KK: Couldn't find body "Kerbin"

Edited by Phineas Freak

10 minutes ago, Phineas Freak said:

Kerbal Konstructs probably expects the homeworld name to be "Kerbin" but in RSS this is changed to "Earth". The weird thing is that the latest version of KK for KSP 1.0.5 did not have this problem...

Edit: more specifically:

[ERR 16:34:24.561] KK: Couldn't find body "Kerbin"

Good catch chap. I'll have a dig through the code as this might be easily fixed.

Edited by AlphaAsh

3 minutes ago, TMasterson5 said:

@AlphaAsh since forum links are broken I cant link to find a tutorial on how to make a part in ksp a static for kerbal konstructs. Can I get a quick run down on how to do that?

There's no tutorial. Statics are models just like parts. Have a look at an example of a config in a statics pack. Try replacing the .mu reference. Fire up KSP. Fire up the KK editor. If your .mu, textures and static config are in the right place together, then your model should now be listed to be placed.

Edited by AlphaAsh

22 minutes ago, AlphaAsh said:

There's no tutorial. Statics are models just like parts. Have a look at an example of a config in a statics pack. Try replacing the .mu reference. Fire up KSP. Fire up the KK editor. If your .mu, textures and static config are in the right place together, then your model should now be listed to be placed.

and that cfg can then be placed in any folder correct?

Just now, TMasterson5 said:

and that cfg can then be placed in any folder correct?

Anywhere in GameData. It's good practice to have it with your .mu and textures.

KerbalKonstructs also has a new config feature, pointername, which allows a config to reference another config. That's getting pretty advanced though, so just start with a standard .cfg and go from there.

15 minutes ago, AlphaAsh said:

Anywhere in GameData. It's good practice to have it with your .mu and textures.

KerbalKonstructs also has a new config feature, pointername, which allows a config to reference another config. That's getting pretty advanced though, so just start with a standard .cfg and go from there.

Okay so any idea why this breaks kerbal konstructs then? To clarify, by break, I mean it wont let me open anything kk related via the actual button in toolbar or via ctrl+k. I removed the cfg from the game and kk worked again.

kk cfg: 

STATIC
{
    mesh = hanger.mu
    module = Part
    static = true
    author = Rob Forrest/TMasterson5
    title = ITLTHanger
    category = Airbases
    cost = 0
    manufacturer = Role Play Inc.
    description = N/A
    name = itlhhanger    
}

nNMLfro.png

Edited by TMasterson5

1 minute ago, TMasterson5 said:

done

All good here. Sorting a screenshot.

One thing - for the part you rescaleFactor = .075. Statics don't support that, so this thing is HUGE as a static.

1 minute ago, AlphaAsh said:

All good here. Sorting a screenshot.

One thing - for the part you rescaleFactor = .075. Statics don't support that, so this thing is HUGE as a static.

Odd. Soooo why isnt it working any my end then? Any ideas? Also how did you folder it?

Edited by TMasterson5

I dropped your Hanger directory into GameData. That's it.

Nope, I have no idea why it isn't working your end. Frankly, KK working without it, then not working with, has me mystified. It's all good here.

1 minute ago, AlphaAsh said:

I dropped your Hanger directory into GameData. That's it.

Nope, I have no idea why it isn't working your end. Frankly, KK working without it, then not working with, has me mystified. It's all good here.

can it be both a part and a static?

Here it is:

screenshot50.png

Yes it can be a part and a static.

You might want to formalise the actual size in your modelling package and Unity though, if you want it to be both.

Edited by AlphaAsh

UPDATE!!

The problem I was having went away after deleting the folder called "statics" located at GameData\KerbalKonstructs\Statics. After taking a look inside some of the statics I noticed the line concaveColliders = all being spammed ....here is the actual snippet from one of the included statics

STATIC
{
	mesh = kkcontroltower1.mu
	module = Part
	static = true
	concaveColliders = all
	concaveColliders = all
	concaveColliders = all
	concaveColliders = all
	concaveColliders = all
	concaveColliders = all
	concaveColliders = all
	DefaultLaunchPadTransform = 
	concaveColliders = all
	concaveColliders = all
	concaveColliders = all
	concaveColliders = all
	concaveColliders = all
	concaveColliders = all
	concaveColliders = all

Then I also saw that the instance = Kerbin     I changed that to Earth when testing out Bacons stuff and now it works! :D   

So definitely the included statics were made for stock kerbin. I had to change some values and BAM! Works. I hope this helps other out if they are using RSS.

concaveColliders has been deprecated. You might want to check you've removed the MM config that was needed with the community interim fix, as that's likely to be what's writing that parameter back.

9 minutes ago, AlphaAsh said:

concaveColliders has been deprecated. You might want to check you've removed the MM config that was needed with the community interim fix, as that's likely to be what's writing that parameter back.

ditto!