[1.1.2] Kerbal Konstructs v0.9.7.1 - Slopey Glidey

AlphaAsh

@AlphaAsh Are hangars disabled in the last version? The one at KSC works just fine, but whenever I try to store a plane in one of the other open bases, instead of the list with nearby planes, it says "This facility does not require staff assigned to it". Refuelling works fine, only the Hangars seem to have a problem. Not sure if it's a KK problem or something with Kerbinside. 

19 minutes ago, karamazovnew said:

@AlphaAsh Are hangars disabled in the last version? The one at KSC works just fine, but whenever I try to store a plane in one of the other open bases, instead of the list with nearby planes, it says "This facility does not require staff assigned to it". Refuelling works fine, only the Hangars seem to have a problem. Not sure if it's a KK problem or something with Kerbinside. 

I'll do some testing on this. Might be a simple case of other hangars haven't been configured properly yet.

1 hour ago, AlphaAsh said:

I'll do some testing on this. Might be a simple case of other hangars haven't been configured properly yet.

I've done some testing myself, seems that opening a base and buying the hangar doesn't save the FacilityType = Hangar in the KKFacilities.cfg save file. However, editing the object with CTRL-K and reselecting the object type immediately restores the function of the hangar and saves correctly.

EDIT: Hmmm, seems Bussiness and Tracking buildings have the same problem. One thing I've noticed is that I actually need to have the normal interface open for the building I'm editing to see a change. Weird. Not sure why Fuel Tanks are not affected and work out of the box. BTW. this reminds me, wouldn't it be safer to only save to files when KSP saves itself? Currently, we can cheat the system by buying a base, then reloading, no money lost that way.

Edited by karamazovnew

7 hours ago, karamazovnew said:

I've done some testing myself, seems that opening a base and buying the hangar doesn't save the FacilityType = Hangar in the KKFacilities.cfg save file. However, editing the object with CTRL-K and reselecting the object type immediately restores the function of the hangar and saves correctly.

That confirms that I didn't configure them properly yet. You're just doing it in-game - I tend to edit cfgs directly.

Not sure why Fuel Tanks are not affected and work out of the box.

They're always open. The problem you're seeing is linked to the initial open/close state of a facility.

BTW. this reminds me, wouldn't it be safer to only save to files when KSP saves itself? Currently, we can cheat the system by buying a base, then reloading, no money lost that way.

Nope, that just risks losing progress. Yes you can currently cheat the system. I don't care.

@Divico @Eskandare Hey chaps, I've had some enquiries regarding triggers on statics and linking to animations (specifically toggleable lights/illumination). Please consider contributing a tutorial on this. Thanks guys.

Edited by AlphaAsh

19 hours ago, AlphaAsh said:

@Divico @Eskandare Hey chaps, I've had some enquiries regarding triggers on statics and linking to animations (specifically toggleable lights/illumination). Please consider contributing a tutorial on this. Thanks guys.

I'll do a write up on animations with pictures, tips, etc.  

v0.9.6.7_EX now available. See OP for links.

Changelog:

• This is an experimental version. That means it has new features that aren't necessarily finished.
  • It may also mean bugs.
  • If you don't like experimental features or risk of bugs, then don't update.
  • Tracking station/map view KK bar now has toggles for displaying uplinks, ground comms (hardlines, telecomms etc.) and radar.
  • Tracking station/map view KK bar now has an occlude toggle, used to switch hiding of icons behind a planet.
  • Zooming out from a planet, radar and icons will now disappear at a distance.
  • Please note that new features are usually just aesthetic in an experimental version of KK.

Ever heard of KHAARP? Most Kerbals think it controls the weather  (maybe that's why it hasn't rained on Kerbin...) or they believe it is mind control (Jeb has wondered why he is able to perform such impossible feats), but these are all conspiracy theories and absolute conjecture. KHAARP is just a lab for Kerbin High-frequency Active Auroral Research Program, to research and better understand the Aurora phenomenon and properties of the ionosphere... or is it? Tell me, why is KARPA (Kerbin Advanced Research and Projects Administtation) involved? 

New top secret science base coming soon to Top Secret! Need science? Get KHAARP!

16 hours ago, Eskandare said:

Ever heard of KHAARP? Most Kerbals think it controls the weather  (maybe that's why it hasn't rained on Kerbin...) or they believe it is mind control (Jeb has wondered why he is able to perform such impossible feats), but these are all conspiracy theories and absolute conjecture. KHAARP is just a lab for Kerbin High-frequency Active Auroral Research Program, to research and better understand the Aurora phenomenon and properties of the ionosphere... or is it? Tell me, why is KARPA (Kerbin Advanced Research and Projects Administtation) involved? 

New top secret science base coming soon to Top Secret! Need science? Get KHAARP!

That would be cool if you include those stuff into game :). I will also try to do something.... (Well if i only had full-city (not separately buildings) statics somewhere, then that would be cool)

Edited by EmperorPeeter
misprints on sentence.

16 hours ago, Eskandare said:

I wondered why Kerbin's water cycle had stopped... It all makes sense now! Now we just need a mod that adds persistent chemtrails to all aircraft exhaust.

1 hour ago, Nightside said:

I wondered why Kerbin's water cycle had stopped... It all makes sense now! Now we just need a mod that adds persistent chemtrails to all aircraft exhaust.

Chemtrails...is there nothing these Wonders of Science can't do! :)

1 hour ago, Jacke said:

Chemtrails...is there nothing these Wonders of Science can't do! :)

You know that the trails off of aircraft is water vapor getting excited by the aircraft traveling though the air and concentrating on the trailing edge flaps, or...  is it what we aerospace peoples want you to believe...  MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!...  no, it's water vapor.

3 hours ago, EmperorPeeter said:

That would be cool if you include those stuff into game :). I will also try to do something.... (Well if i only had full-city (not separately buildings) statics somewhere, then that would be cool)

Once I get back onto making the assets, I have a modular city system I'm gradually working on.

16 minutes ago, Kerban Aircraft Industries said:

This is awesome!

I would like to know more about the ATC option though.

It'll be linked to radars, control towers and landing guidance. It won't be too complicated - just some basic interaction between an active craft and the base, with the possibility of some random events, such as the runway being in use, preventing landing until it's clear. Mostly adding some flavour to the flying experience when in vicinity of a base.

2 minutes ago, AlphaAsh said:

It'll be linked to radars, control towers and landing guidance. It won't be too complicated - just some basic interaction between an active craft and the base, with the possibility of some random events, such as the runway being in use, preventing landing until it's clear. Mostly adding some flavour to the flying experience when in vicinity of a base.

Sounds nice. Thanks!

(At the time of writing I'm flying my Lake Dermal - Coaler Crater link with a regional jet.) :D

Edited by Kerban Aircraft Industries

Not really sure where to ask this, so i will try here, too:

I am wanting to try and convert Kerbin Side to work with 64k.  The biggest issue that I am having is that all the objects are obviously spread out due to the sphere being larger by 6.4x.

However, I have no real clue where to start with the math.  I get that I will have to fine tune locations for the groups as a whole, but the spread is the bigger issue for me.

My question is this:  Does anyone know the math for converting the coordinates from this mod from a sphere with one radius to a larger sphere?

Edited by xx_mortekai_xx

16 hours ago, AlphaAsh said:

I wish KSP could allow random ai aircraft to spawn and use the air space, but I am imagining that would be a difficult feat as well as a heavy load on the game.

14 hours ago, Stone Blue said:

Any plans for Oceania in there somewhere?

Oceania will, for the most part, be integrated into Top Secret!

The carrier is going through the process of being rebuilt into a usable craft. This is talking a little time to do as the model requires a bit of editing. A whole new, complex, IVA is being made for it as well as screws and rudder. The carrier will be a single part to keep it low on resource usage thus allowing it to be used for landing and carrying aircraft. Also there will be BDA integration as well.