[1.1.2] Kerbal Konstructs v0.9.7.1 - Slopey Glidey

AlphaAsh

8 hours ago, tg626 said:

So, are there any stock-alike runways or launch pads?

There are tons of static models in the dozen or so packs listed on the OP. You need at least one of those. Kerbinside many.

As far as "stock-alike" I'm never sure what people mean by that, but there are packs by lots of artists and modders with various levels of detail.

Well, I know about the packs and I've downloaded several and checked them out and while they're all great, they all have their own "art style" so to speak.  There are none that I feel like I could pop them in and have them blend with the stock KSC like Lacks KSC++.  This mod could do with a "Static Model Repository" of sorts, where those who want to build things up could download redistributable models.

i get a black screen when attempting to launch at a remote site. ksp 64-bit...

EDIT: all ksc view is bugged as well.

maybe kerbin-side complete is tyhe bug? idk. i'm using ckan.

on win 8.1 pro

will try w/o kerbin side.

edit: still get stuck on the pad.;...

on the upside, i can turn my rocket into a sort of ferris wheel.

log:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8EAjKTlkqEqbzhCVm93WkxLcGc

Edited by Commissar

v0.9.7.1 now available. See OP for links.

Changelog:

• Added a center sight to the landing guidance HUD.
  • Added a glide-slope meter to just under the center sight.

^ Because the forum merging sucks.

2 hours ago, Commissar said:

will try w/o kerbin side.

edit: still get stuck on the pad.;...

on the upside, i can turn my rocket into a sort of ferris wheel.

log:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8EAjKTlkqEqbzhCVm93WkxLcGc

The log has a number of exception errors from mods that aren't KK. Uninstall KK and statics packs and try to reproduce the problem. There's nothing in that log that suggests the issue is KK.

Edited by AlphaAsh

4 minutes ago, AlphaAsh said:

v0.9.7.1 now available. See OP for links.

Changelog:

• Added a center sight to the landing guidance HUD.
  • Added a glide-slope meter to just under the center sight.

^ Because the forum merging sucks.

The log has a number of exception errors from mods that aren't KK. Uninstall KK and statics packs and try to reproduce the problem. There's nothing in that log that suggests the issue is KK.

all were fixed once i removed KK

Just now, Commissar said:

all were fixed once i removed KK

There you go. KK and another mod are incompatible. My money is on StageRecovery and KK still not working together. Choose one or the other.

I can't reproduce the issue.

1 minute ago, AlphaAsh said:

There you go. KK and another mod are incompatible. My money is on StageRecovery and KK still not working together. Choose one or the other.

wasn'taware of issues there... i'll take kk over SR, thanks. maybe should append the listing on ckan to show they're incompatible?

1 minute ago, Commissar said:

wasn'taware of issues there... i'll take kk over SR, thanks. maybe should append the listing on ckan to show they're incompatible?

That was a guess. magico13 and I have had problems with getting the two mods supporting each other since KSP 1.1, which is why that's my most educated guess.

I don't maintain CKAN data. I just tick a box on SpaceDock.

Just now, AlphaAsh said:

That was a guess. magico13 and I have had problems with getting the two mods supporting each other since KSP 1.1, which is why that's my most educated guess.

I don't maintain CKAN data. I just tick a box on SpaceDock.

oh. i didn't know how that works. anyhow, i think that these issues may also be due to something else... i dunno

Just now, Commissar said:

oh. i didn't know how that works. anyhow, i think that these issues may also be due to something else... i dunno

Then you're screwed and either do without KK or start pulling other mods until you find the problem goes away.

I can't reproduce the problem because I'm not going to reproduce your game environment. I don't test KK against all the mods you use.

1 hour ago, AlphaAsh said:

Then you're screwed and either do without KK or start pulling other mods until you find the problem goes away.

I can't reproduce the problem because I'm not going to reproduce your game environment. I don't test KK against all the mods you use.

that's fine. i don't expect you to test against all these... it may even be entirely unrelated, and merely coincidental. thanks for ytour help

edit: sissues persist, def not kk.

Edited by Commissar

Actually I use StageRecovery along with KK (sort of a requirement as I'm Magico's tester :P ) and have no problems at all with at least KK 0.9.6.9 and SR 1.6.4.0. Have not tried with your latest 0.9.7.1 yet, but if there is an issue you can bet he'll be made aware of it :)

32 minutes ago, JeffreyCor said:

Actually I use StageRecovery along with KK (sort of a requirement as I'm Magico's tester :P ) and have no problems at all with at least KK 0.9.6.9 and SR 1.6.4.0. Have not tried with your latest 0.9.7.1 yet, but if there is an issue you can bet he'll be made aware of it :)

Thank you sir. Appreciated.

actually, one minor problem i did have was that the pad at ksc2 can't take the extended launch clamps. i think it's due to the tower? i dunno if there's anything that can/should be done, but just so ya'll know

53 minutes ago, FireFaced said:

Is there some way to have KK override any configs that are installed with the settings changed in the site editor thing?

Your question could be interpreted in a couple of ways. Give me an example of what you want to do.

38 minutes ago, AlphaAsh said:

Your question could be interpreted in a couple of ways. Give me an example of what you want to do.

One use would be to be using KScale2, and the KerbinSide buildings are offset, so using the KK editor to move them, and save those positions.

EDIT: I've dug through SigmaDimensions, and there appears to be a formula I could follow to get the correct positions of the buildings.

Edited by FireFaced

On 28/05/2016 at 3:55 AM, FireFaced said:

@AlphaAsh What attribute in the configs for the statics controls altitude ASL?

radialOffset, but Sigma Dimensions will rescale the number you save in there with the editor, so you need to divide the Altitude by the rescale factor, for planets smaller than the original, or multiply it for planets larger than the original.

There is another setting I am curious about, I noticed it from the RSS statics in Real launch Sites, maybe @AlphaAsh might confirm that one is the original scale and the other the rescale factor, so say with Stock Size Real Solar System, it is a .0942 rescale of the RSS Earth, so would the settings have this in them?

scale = 1.0
	rescaleFactor = .0942

1 hour ago, selfish_meme said:

radialOffset, but Sigma Dimensions will rescale the number you save in there with the editor, so you need to divide the Altitude by the rescale factor, for planets smaller than the original, or multiply it for planets larger than the original.

There is another setting I am curious about, I noticed it from the RSS statics in Real launch Sites, maybe @AlphaAsh might confirm that one is the original scale and the other the rescale factor, so say with Stock Size Real Solar System, it is a .0942 rescale of the RSS Earth, so would the settings have this in them?

scale = 1.0
	rescaleFactor = .0942

I always thought that scale and rescaleFactor would change the size of the building

But I never tried to mess with them

Hey @AlphaAsh I am doing a lot of work on configs for Kerbal Konstructs bases in SSRSS, which is rescaled. I can't use the save function in the editor as it resets all my altitudes so I am editing the configs by hand which takes forever, edit, restart game, check, edit restart game etc. Just wondering if it would be possible to have a load config button (maybe next to the copy paste) to be able to check my edits without having to restart?

On 30/05/2016 at 11:22 AM, selfish_meme said:

scale = 1.0

rescaleFactor = .0942

Pretty sure this won't do anything to the size of a static.

3 hours ago, selfish_meme said:

I can't use the save function in the editor as it resets all my altitudes...

That's odd. What exactly do you mean by 'resets'?

On 28/05/2016 at 6:55 PM, FireFaced said:

@AlphaAsh What attribute in the configs for the statics controls altitude ASL?

RadiusOffset.

Pretty sure this won't do anything to the size of a static.

That's odd. What exactly do you mean by 'resets'?

RadiusOffset.

Sigma Dimensions rescales the altitudes, so if I save it at 50m it will probably be below ground when I reload the game, I need to set it manually in the config to like 250m then sigma dimensions rescales it and it ends up at the desired 50m.

The same thing happens with EVE cloud altitudes.