[1.1.2] Kerbal Konstructs v0.9.7.1 - Slopey Glidey

AlphaAsh

2 hours ago, selfish_meme said:

Sigma Dimensions rescales the altitudes, so if I save it at 50m it will probably be below ground when I reload the game, I need to set it manually in the config to like 250m then sigma dimensions rescales it and it ends up at the desired 50m.

The same thing happens with EVE cloud altitudes.

The best way is to save all the statics in game

Then go to the configs and divide all radiusoffset by Resize and then by landscape

Now I don't remember what ssrss uses, but let's say it uses Resize = 0.1 and landscape = 2

And lets say you get a radiusoffset of 127 in the config after saving it ingame

You need to edit it to be

(127/0.1)/2 = 1270/2 = 635

37 minutes ago, Sigma88 said:

The best way is to save all the statics in game

Then go to the configs and divide all radiusoffset by Resize and then by landscape

Now I don't remember what ssrss uses, but let's say it uses Resize = 0.1 and landscape = 2

And lets say you get a radiusoffset of 127 in the config after saving it ingame

You need to edit it to be

(127/0.1)/2 = 1270/2 = 635

I said the same thing in your thread, but some statics seem to be different

11 minutes ago, selfish_meme said:

I said the same thing in your thread, but some statics seem to be different

well, the only thing SD does to statics is multiply the radius offset by resize and landscape

so there must be something funky going on if you don't get the correct values

could you send me the STATIC cfg before and after you edit them, and the mm cache generated running KSP after you modified them?

I used Ctrl+K to open the in-game editor and proceeded to delete a bunch of stuff from the KSCUpgrades. Afterwards I hit the Save button and got the confirmation message that all changes have been saved. When I exited the save and opened a different save game the edits were still there. When I shut down and restarted the game everything I deleted was back. What'd I miss? I overwrote the logs from when I was editing when I restarted the game to check the changes were still there. If a log is wanted I can redo the changes and send it in.

3 hours ago, Gaiiden said:

I used Ctrl+K to open the in-game editor and proceeded to delete a bunch of stuff from the KSCUpgrades. Afterwards I hit the Save button and got the confirmation message that all changes have been saved. When I exited the save and opened a different save game the edits were still there. When I shut down and restarted the game everything I deleted was back. What'd I miss? I overwrote the logs from when I was editing when I restarted the game to check the changes were still there. If a log is wanted I can redo the changes and send it in.

Currently using the editor's delete function only deletes the instances from core configs, rather than the pointer configs used in most Kerbin-Side packs. It should be sorted for the next version.

Sorry if this has been asked about and solved before, but i can't be bothered to search through all 30 pages of this thread.

Issue: Installed KK, try to open the editor/menu thing, and all i get is random warnings in the ALT+F2 menu saying a config is missing.

EDIT: Can't find "KK.cfg" anywhere in the .zip either, is it suppose to auto-generate?

Edited by StickyScissors

Had a bug happen on reentry where a section of the craft that was discarded and should have burnt up did not and kept generating messages from stage recovery.  The NRE was from this mod so I thought I'd post it here first. The logs are kinda chunky because it was generating the error every frame.

KSP.log

output_log.txt

On 13/06/2016 at 11:36 PM, StickyScissors said:

Sorry if this has been asked about and solved before, but i can't be bothered to search through all 30 pages of this thread.

Issue: Installed KK, try to open the editor/menu thing, and all i get is random warnings in the ALT+F2 menu saying a config is missing.

EDIT: Can't find "KK.cfg" anywhere in the .zip either, is it suppose to auto-generate?

KK.cfg is a persistency file saved in the appropriate save game folder for a career game. It's auto-generated at the start of a new career game. Since this is a single report of the problem, then I would guess you've got your KSP install in a Windows secured directory, which is locking dlls and preventing necessary file writes to and from directories.

Or it's some weirdness with Steam save-cloud (does KSP support that? No idea.) Or you've accidentally deleted it.

Start a new career game and see if the issue is reproducible.

1 hour ago, icedown said:

Had a bug happen on reentry where a section of the craft that was discarded and should have burnt up did not and kept generating messages from stage recovery.  The NRE was from this mod so I thought I'd post it here first. The logs are kinda chunky because it was generating the error every frame.

KSP.log

output_log.txt

On the known bugs list. No fix. Choose a mod to keep. Sorry chap.

Edited by AlphaAsh

12 hours ago, AlphaAsh said:

KK.cfg is a persistency file saved in the appropriate save game folder for a career game. It's auto-generated at the start of a new career game. Since this is a single report of the problem, then I would guess you've got your KSP install in a Windows secured directory, which is locking dlls and preventing necessary file writes to and from directories.

Or it's some weirdness with Steam save-cloud (does KSP support that? No idea.) Or you've accidentally deleted it.

Start a new career game and see if the issue is reproducible.

Hmm, maybe because ive got it installed on a different HDD and i missed some permissions stuff, i'll do some more testing and report back.

Edit: Hard drive theory not correct :I

Edit 2: Moved to main drive, grabbed fresh 1.1.2, installed...and the config still not generating :/

Edit 3 : reinstalled again and got it to work. Yay.

Edit 4: Ok, so i could no longer reproduce the bug, and started crashing some other mods together to get it to break again. and i did. 

EDIT 5: sometimes it breaks and sometimes not, im not sure what to do now. Dropbox not cooperating so i cant send log file.

Edited by StickyScissors

On 6/13/2016 at 3:36 PM, StickyScissors said:

Having the same issue here.  Figured it was just an issue with RSS or sandbox.  Relevant line from the output log:

File 'C:/Users/[mypcname]/Desktop/KSP112Testing/KSP_x64_Data/../saves/default/KK.cfg' does not exist

34 minutes ago, Chris P. Bacon said:

Having the same issue here.  Figured it was just an issue with RSS or sandbox.  Relevant line from the output log:

File 'C:/Users/[mypcname]/Desktop/KSP112Testing/KSP_x64_Data/../saves/default/KK.cfg' does not exist

There are SSRSS and i think regular RSS configs that exist that i tried and they didn't work either. Try your luck: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/138572-wip-112-114-stock-size-real-solar-system/ look for " You can also download Selfish_Meme's Kerbal Konstructs config here:" in that thread

18 hours ago, StickyScissors said:

There are SSRSS and i think regular RSS configs...

Yeah, those cfg's just shuffle around the assets that come with KK to new coordinates.  I'm more concerned with being able to place my own models.

Edit: Found a solution.  Just have to start a new game before installing RSS or any other mods to generate the KK.cfg, then remove KK's static objects and add in whatever mods I want to use.  Seems to work fine as long as I don't create a new save game without removing everything.  Kinda weird, I remember previous versions working flawlessly in RSS (besides default objects being at the wrong coordinates).

Edit 2: Nevermind, it worked until the second game restart... now it can't find the KK.cfg again... will continue to plug away at it to find whatever the conflict may be.

I suspect something goofy is going on with folder permissions or something, because I am using the mod without problems in a much heavier install (100+ mods instead of stock + RSS).

Edited by Chris P. Bacon

Hello,

I'm trying to place a few statics with the editor in an RSS sanbox game and when I hit "save", KK doesn't seem to actually save them, and in fact they disappear upon game restart.

I've looked in the KK gamedata folder and the configs in the savegame folder and I don't find any written instance of the static I've placed, which leads me to think that either KK doesn't write anything at all or it writes the file somewhere it isn't supposed to.

I should mention that KK is perfectly able to load instances already specified in the static cfgs.

I should also mention that in the savegame folder I find the following cfgs:

-KK

-KKBack

KKFacilities

KKFacilitiesBack

Ann judging by what's already present in the files themselves, none of these files seems to be dedicated to instances.

So, where is KK supposed to save newly spawned instances? Can anyone help me work out how to actually save?

Thank you

Here is my current system condition:

Spoiler

KSP v1.1.2.1260 x64 running on Windows 10

KSP is installed on a separate solid state disc  (i.e. not the C: drive)

path: M:\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program

Using KK version 0.9.7.1 installed in /Gamedata/KerbalKonstructs

Getting this error in 1.1.3 when entering the tracking station and focusing on kerbin:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    KerbalKonstructs.UI.MapIconManager.drawLaunchsites (.MapObject target)
    KerbalKonstructs.UI.MapIconManager.drawIcons ()
    KerbalKonstructs.KerbalKonstructs.OnGUI ()

Log: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/43849213/KSP.log?dl=1

1.1.3 has broken quite a bit in KK. I've not looked at the why. I've been busy working and modding Stellaris. Sorry, but when something fundamental gets changed in KSP without a word from the dev team (in this case you've highlighted, it's in relation to the GUI, probably to do with Unity 5's new fangled GUI features) I tend to shrug, swear and then take a break from working on the mod.

7 hours ago, AlphaAsh said:

1.1.3 has broken quite a bit in KK. I've not looked at the why. I've been busy working and modding Stellaris. Sorry, but when something fundamental gets changed in KSP without a word from the dev team (in this case you've highlighted, it's in relation to the GUI, probably to do with Unity 5's new fangled GUI features) I tend to shrug, swear and then take a break from working on the mod.

Quite understandable.  Have a virtual pint.  Cheers.

On 18/06/2016 at 1:15 PM, Dolin said:

Hello,

I'm trying to place a few statics with the editor in an RSS sanbox game and when I hit "save", KK doesn't seem to actually save them, and in fact they disappear upon game restart.

I've looked in the KK gamedata folder and the configs in the savegame folder and I don't find any written instance of the static I've placed, which leads me to think that either KK doesn't write anything at all or it writes the file somewhere it isn't supposed to.

I should mention that KK is perfectly able to load instances already specified in the static cfgs.

I should also mention that in the savegame folder I find the following cfgs:

-KK

-KKBack

KKFacilities

KKFacilitiesBack

Ann judging by what's already present in the files themselves, none of these files seems to be dedicated to instances.

So, where is KK supposed to save newly spawned instances? Can anyone help me work out how to actually save?

Thank you

Here is my current system condition:

Reveal hidden contents

KSP v1.1.2.1260 x64 running on Windows 10

KSP is installed on a separate solid state disc  (i.e. not the C: drive)

path: M:\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program

Using KK version 0.9.7.1 installed in /Gamedata/KerbalKonstructs

hiya presumably you have a folder in GameData with your static objects and cfg's? All positional information is actually written to your statics cfg by KK,. If you check your cfg's you should find that there are new entries under the basic cfg you wrote for your static. Headed " Instances"  it will contain all the relevant info about the statics position, rotation and if applicable facility type. If there are no examples of this then KK is not writing to the cfg's and therefore not saving the position

Example

Instances
	{
		CelestialBody = Kerbin
		RadialPosition = 213475,-137681.7,-543693.9
		Orientation = 0,1,0
		RadiusOffset = 1.585553
		RotationAngle = 0
		VisibilityRange = 100000
		Group = Ungrouped
		GroupCenter = false
		RefCenter = -92235.93,590769.3,89178.3
		Category = Other
		FacilityType = None
	}

On 6/27/2016 at 6:45 AM, AlphaAsh said:

Understandable. From the most recent Devnote Tuesday, it looks like they're going to be completely removing all the old UI integration with 1.2, so it sounds like every mod is going to have to move to the new system for 1.2 anyway.

I'm sure I'm missing something but is there something you have to do to get this working in RSS (in 1.1.2)? When I enter the VAB it says "current launchsite is launchpad" but clicking on the KK icon does nothing. I've got the real launch sites configs etc but it seems like there's a missing step to get KK to actually use those configs that I can't figure out

Hi, I'm on linux x64 1.1.3, lots of mods installed.

KK keeps moving all my launches to Dull Spot, and the buttons "Set as default", "Use default" do nothing. "Use default" buttons gives this message:

"KK could not determine the default launchsite."

For now I have l to select the launch site KSC Launchpad after every "Revert to VAB".

Dull Spot is beautiful and I like it, but some of the contracts require me to land at KSC Runway or drive a car around KSC.

Is there something I can add to my save file to set the default launchsite for KK?

@AlphaAsh I have a bug in 1.1.2 where the interface does not work. As in, I am not able to click the lethal konstrucks button in the bar or open the control-k page. I am using the now supported KSP x64. Does anyone else have this problem?

(Windows 10)

Alright I think I might have the problem: it says it is looking in a combined folder of the save and the data folders for the KK.cfg, which is missing. Also, it is not auto-writing the cfg. There is no KK.cfg anywhere on my computer, I did a hard search.

Also, I have heard that many people have this problem and there has been no response to our big reports. A "working on it" would be fine

Edited by MajorLeaugeRocketScience

I'm not working on it, no. I'm busy with work and the modding time I have left is going to Stellaris. I did have a quick look at KK after the KSP update landed and it broke it severely. Again. I'm not fixing it.

Thing is, KSP is going multi-platform. Staff are bailing. Unity 5 is a bigger donkey than Unity 4. I'm bored with fixing the mod and I'm not seeing any of the feature expansion I'd hoped to see for KSP. I have moved on.

KK is open-source and I've had the pleasure of interacting with some very capable modders here. Anyone is welcome to pick this up.

If KSP comes back around to being a game I want to obssess over again, then I might be back to see where things are at.

For now, I'll pop in to the forums and launch a few rockets. But that's really it for me and KSP.

In that case AlphaAsh, I want to thank you for making the awesomeness that is Kerbal Konstructs.  Kerbin is a lonely and empty place without it.

Cheers mate and good luck with your next modding venture