Some ships not showing any orbital data

Hi - I've got 3 ships headed to Eve - all are using the same comms systems (yes, I have Remote Tech) and all were working fine to get past Kerbin SOI and have nice encounters 160 days out. I setup a wide orbit comms system that always points to the active ship and the ships I send look at it with their long range systems. Then after my correction burns just prior to SOI change (from Kerbin to Kerbol) 2 of the 3 stopped reporting any orbital data...it all was just blank in the MechJeb displays. The third ship remains fine. I've done an exhaustive check of the comms network and all appears fine...I've tried "active ship" pointing and specific ship pointing (multiple antennae on the relay) and nothing is helping. The fundamental issue is that those 2 ships which are no longer showing position/orbit data also act like they aren't in comms with Kerbin. It's like they don't know where they are.

It really looks like a non-RT issue since it's not an issue of just no comms...the ship doesn't seem to reflect that it's in orbit - but it clearly is.

I have another test ship that is deep in space without comms and it still shows orbital data.

What ever happened to these two "lost" ships is something I haven't seen before - and I'm completely baffled because it seemingly random.

Anyone have experience with this?

Mod List (all as up to date as releases allow):

KerbalAlarmClock (3.1.1.0)

TransferWindowPlanner (1.2.2.0)

ScanSat (8.1)

000_toolbar (1.7.8)

Better Atmospheres texture pack

ActiveTextureManagement

EVE 7-4-LR

Distant Object Enhancement (1.5.1)

TextureReplacer (2.1.2)

EngineerRedux (0.6.2.11)

MechJeb2 (2.4.1.0)

FerramAerospace (0.14.5.1)

DockingPort Alignment Tool (???)

ScienceAlert (1.8.2)

HyperEdit (1.3 for KSP 0.90)

RemoteTech (1.5.1)

Procedural Fairlings (3.10)

Any help/guesses/hints are welcome.

Cheers, mike

Edited by m_j_lyons
more data

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.